Axeraiser's Council Chamber.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

it wouldn't be applicable since the majority of FWs runes were designed around that particular bonus. IS isn't the worst bonus imo but its the only one thats not guaranteed to be used in every game.

2. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

1/3 rd of games played by IS the opponent doenst have a rune in their deck that is effected by the bonus. Some bonus is better than no bonus. I'm not sure how you can disagree with that statement.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Never seen a single person who has a bg that doesn't contain a damaging spell, but that 1/3 statistic is super accurate and I agree full heartedly.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

And by doesn't have it you mean doesn't play it because it's kinda useless because of the bonus.

60% of the time it works all the time.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Something situational is never going to be as good as something useful every game, i.e. do you think the IS bonus is remotely as good as +10global hp + +1 global speed ? Increased nora every turn ? Large damage reduction ? Global Damage buff ?

Nora That likes this.
  6. Vote Kanye 2020

Oh yeah, other faction bonuses are much more useful. I just don't agree with Dresnar saying that it's useless every 1 game out of 3, and that it's the worst faction bonus.

7. Dresnar20365988

You haven't?

Really?

Are you lying? No need to point out your misrepresentation here. Its plain to all that you are spouting nonsense.

Meta FS runs 0-1 rune that is effected by the IS bonus. (Reverberating blast only stuns 1 IF they run it)

Mets SP runs 0-1 rune that is effected by the IS bonus. (Avalanche IF they run it)

A lot of KF decks run 0 runes effected by the IS bonus.

A lot of FW decks run 0 runes effected by the IS bonus.

Quite a few of the IS decks I ran had 0 runes effected by the IS bonus.

If its such a great bonus how bout we trade a bit? Magic Lizards can be resistant to magic just as much as barbarians can. We'll take the defense bonus you take the spell reduction bonus. How bout it? I see no need to object if the bonuses are equal as you seem to be claiming.

Here is something else those claiming the IS bonus is equal to other bonuses. The number or runes in a deck effected by it. Even the most spell spammy deck wont have more than 6-8 runes effected by the IS bonus in it. Also the IS bonus is only useful on turns it would benefit the opponent to cast a spell. Other factions bonuses effect on average 15-16 runes or are useful each and every turn. Argue with that if you can.

Again, I'm saying if the IS font bonus needs to be changed and changed to something much weaker than it currently is then the IS FF bonus needs to be updated to at least rank in the middle of the pack in overall usefulness.

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Showing to be as much of an idiot as everyone mentions you to be.

FS- Reverb Blast, Monsoon, Psionic Storm
    SP- Avalanche, Boulder Throw, Lightning Storm, Bad Blood, Vertical Push
    KF- Thorn Collection, Stellar Horizon, Natures Wrath, Brambles, Carnivorous Vines
    FW- Anathema, Desecration, Chain Lightning, Hungry Dead

Those are just the runes I've seen within the past week but yeah alot of KF bg's don't run TC's or Natures Wrath... But hey, nothing wrong with things like IS Angel, Fist of Bastion, Grintmaw Bouncer, Talgar and Master Axeman who are already extremely tanky powerhouses being virtually immune to spell damage...

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Lol @ Dresnar's "facts".

Anyway, it'd be cool if it worked against spells like Fiery Ambush.

10. Dresnar20365988

Wow you can list things that are effected by the IS bonus(not all of them you listed but most). You should get a cookie. Your parents must be proud.

No real point arguing with you hospy. Most likely you are trolling. If not trolling then you are to dumb to try and explain things to.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Lol, I give a counter argument to your main concern and apparently im trolling. Man you make LordQ look like he's not a Zealot in comparison.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm confused how those spells aren't affected by our bonus.

13. Dresnar20365988

My main concern? You haven't addressed it at all. You just spouted nonsense. Are you saying that in every FS deck for example you find those three spells? Psionic storm for example is in every FS deck and not those based on psionic boost?

Yeah you really addressed my main concern.

Lets see if you can even state my main concern or has it completely gone over your head?

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I guess that for the spells which deal 0 dmg are affected by IS bonus

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Am I missing something? All the spells that were listed deal damage.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

not once is bonus is through with them

17. Dresnar20365988

Do it Dagda. IS is OP so switch bonuses with us. Dooo itttt!! Do it now! Be the OP you always wanted to be. Magic lizard people are resistant to magic fo sure. Switch with IS be the OP.

Do it now.

18. Dresnar20365988

I'll help you along hospy. Here you state my main concern. You want to say its not useless 1 out of 3 games OK. How many games on average is it useless in your opinion? What percentage of games does a FF bonus have to be useless for it to justify a tweek? Especially when the thing that offset the FF bonus, the font bonus, is being changed to something much weaker.

Or maybe spout more nonsense. Whatever floats your boat.

19. Vote Kanye 2020

After mentioning your name on skype, they all told me that you're one of the biggest IS Zealots that's played this game. While I would love to have a constructive argument it will be virtually impossible because you believe that the only thing that can possibly be right is the thing you have stuck in your mindset.

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Hey I'd trade the bonuses if we throw in Antimagic Field and get Tales of Valor in return

Sealer0 likes this.