Back after 3 long years.....

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by crazytod, May 18, 2015.

1. crazytod

crazytod New Member

Hey everyone I used to play from 2007-2011 and after a few years I have decided to come back and try and give it another go, the reason I am starting this thread is because I need all your help.

Obviously the rune values have changed for all my old runes and I currently have no new runes from any expansion after 2011.

So what I am asking is if people can give me a heads up on some of the meta runes i could currently use from older expansions, and what runes are necessary from new ones.

And finally I will give a list of all my Exotics, Limited editions and Legendary runes so that you guys could tell me what is worth a lot these days and ones which are worthless, currently I am not looking to trade anything as I need to get my head around the values first.

Any help would be much appreciated

Legendary runes:
    Aspect of Chaos--Aspect of Violence--Borderguard Elite--Draksar High Priest--Elven Page--feshcaller Mika--Finlords Neophhyte--General Korsien--Hyaneid Witchdocter--Imp Familiar--Lich's Servitor--Moga Lords Guard--Shardseer Kayun--Skeezick Bolter--Spectral Emissary--Voil courier-- Wretched Witch.

Limited Runes:
    SL Pox Harbinger--LE Executioner--LE Hippo Rider-- LE Pox Renovator--LE Skeezick Torch--LE Stitched First--LE Vengeful Cyclops.

Exotic Runes:
    Azaren the Shepherd--Bloodhowler Alpha - Bone Elemental--Brewmaster--Corpse Golem--Dirge--Dragon Engine--Dwarven King--Elemental Warstaff--Faulbreaker--Ghern Tyrant-- Garin Sharpfang--Gaal High One--Groble Rock Eater--Icesnap--Jakei Elder-- Jek Silver General--Juya White Eyes--Klzik--Kanen Crone--Kiergana--Lance Admiral Sceian--Locust--Magma Elemental--Mairdeth the Rot--Menalaus--Moga Hunters-- Mosham the Barricade--Paladin Commander--Ranger Elite--Serkan Lich King--Shardseer Argol-- Sheoul Demon-Skeezick General--Skywing Imperator--Spirit of the Mountain--Talgar Ironfist--The Exile--Tide Master--Timothy the Vile--Tormented Priest--Valdec--Vindrax--Voil King Ruubgaal--Vodoo Shamfie--Xulos Undead Sage-- Yeti Beserker--Zeventrech the Last--Zoalt Sky Serpant.

I have multiple of most of the Exotics.

kind regards

CrazyTod

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You can use Poxbox, and as of today Poxpoints to judge your runes worth. As for how they play, and what bgs they would work best in. Some are obvious, others require a different approach, I would suggest you check the related faction forums.

I'm sure the community would be happy to help you with the decision you need to make in your 'meta bg' but it would help if you told us the Faction you play. :p

Also. Poxbase is a very helpful tool, I suggest you check it out. If you like it, buy @Nea a beer!

crazytod likes this.
  3. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

save your limiteds for now, especially that harbringer. Check poxbox for prices, legendaries are all about even now because of the forging, tho there are some that are slightly less valuable.

4. crazytod

crazytod New Member

Thanks, I appreciete both comments :) ill do that now

Btw I tended to play SL or SP back in the day.

CrazyTod

5. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

What's the difference between a year and a long year?

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

One is longer.

Welcome back! Like @IMAGIRL said, using a store is a solid way to check prices, although you can probably get better deals trading Limited and some Legendary runes through other venues, or individual persons. As for what works best from your respective factions, check out the faction forums. Folks around there are usually glad to help figure out a competitive BG, or might have already posted a couple.

7. VindraxIsMyHomie

VindraxIsMyHomie New Member

I am in the same boat as you. There's quite a bit to get caught up on. I think the hardest thing for me is relearning the runes I already "know." The revamp and balance changes since 2011 have really changed things (I swear akakios had thirst for battle).

Other big changes since you've been gone:
    1) Forging runes will be new to you, it was new for me at least. Basically you can scrap extra/unused runes to forge any rune from a past expansion. It's definitely worth doing the math and comparing prices to PoxBox. As for using PoxBox, there seems to be a general price creep (I could be wrong about this, but I'd advise against storing points over time).

2) The player base is way down. Hopefully that changes, but the result is that there are far fewer fair trade opportunities. So you end up relying on the forge and pox box a lot more than you would have needed to in the past.

As far as re learning the game, at first I thought I would play some bot matches. The problem with that is that it only teaches you how to play vs bots. You can end up developing some pretty bad habbits. Instead I suggest checking this out. @kalasle Has some good commentary on those videos and they're pretty informative.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Going go ahead and move this to, Training Grounds and Game Guides. Will leave a redirect.

9. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

I come to share my SL knowledge with you, my favorite are dragons and draksar.

Draksar: psion, marine, lord, morph, rocketeers all very good. Flagellum, augmenter, chameleon are good but i dont know if others would consider them top tier. idk i run them though.

Dragons: vexian neodrakes are efficient, valdac is strong, vindrax auto, eminents are strong range, imperators also strong range, destroyer, maulers, krikkenwing alphas are auto in almost all sl bg. rumblers auto, skithmaw hunters pretty good.

spells: burning sands, magnetize, cancel magic, quicken, quickening, purge

relics: hive, banner, skywing beacon, trans relay(drag only), slum market

equipment: lasher helm, quarry mark?, forbidden fruit

some of them, or at least the ones i use. GL to you!