Back from the game, need advice!

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Djangoguy, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Hey guys, I'm back trying to rebuild my collection to 100%, I stopped playing Path of De'lim expansion, and need advice to know what is good atm, I have all runes before that exp and planning to get all the FW ones, any ideas where should I start my focus? What theme is good right now?

TeaScholar likes this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Attrition and skellys aren't bad, some people are having success with worms as well.

3. Djangoguy

can u pass me a deck to start with? everything that I know looks nerfed xD

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Use SL, best faction right now. FW is strong in part because it counters SL fairly well. Basically any attrition deck in FW is strong, I'd recommend runes like chattering maw and bile zombie, putrid creeper, on the skeleton side, skeletal bezerker.

5. Djangoguy

I'm 100% FW and only have FW runes (some UD to split my stitcheds). SL is not an option :p

TeaScholar likes this.
  6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Well, the meta is global effects. A major shortcoming for FW is that they rely on global relics, which are actually fairly easy to counter.

Use relics cautiously, and do not rely solely on them is my advice.

Decay is pretty useful right now. Elsari bazaar is op with a tome of hate, it doesn't matter the theme, both are auto includes.

The top 3 themes in FW are goodstuff, worms, and skeletons. I'm under the impression a good stuff worms deck is the best choice, chattering maw, bile zombie and putrid creeper being the strong deploys, 2X auto.

Serkan is too risky, and isn't really used much. Xulous the glorious has a 16 drain which is actually pretty useful in a skeleton deck.

Equips in general suck ass, unless you get an immediate effect on them. Refotge shatter, magnetize and other spot destroys cost little nora and make equips liabilities.

I still include 1X bone cloak in a Skelly deck and a bca staff, but the superior way to play is to include 2X bca imo and forego equips if u can. Black pearls are interesting in zombie decks, since they can be shattered to cause 8 turn cc on melee.

Overall attrition globals is the idea for FW, although dead zone Voodoo is always strong if you run shortlived cheap meat like chattering maw and skeletal bezerkers.

7. DemonicWiz

DemonicWiz The King of Potatoes

This is really helpful thanks. :3

8. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

9. DemonicWiz

DemonicWiz The King of Potatoes

Thanks, but this is so far my least favorite return to the game. It's not the meta has changed that bothers me but Like FW been nerf so hard. No Boon of the Undead, FW still needs almost a full deck of Exotics+ cards to be decent (working on worms), It's still hard as Bs to play FW, Client on PS4 is eh, and on PC is worst from the last one, plus the bugs and crashes on PS4. Can't trade on PS4 and tons of other stuff. x.x

10. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

everything got nerfed or streamlined. dont let that foul you.

11. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

can u post a skelly deck here plz? have no idea which runes are better now

DemonicWiz likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that the Boon of the Undead removal meant that nearly every champ in FW got cheaper - most considered that a buff.

And as @voodoov said, there was an across the board re-balancing by DOG after they re-acquired, so it's not specific to FW.

As for the client, yea, it's not in a good state, but hopefully the programmers can get it up to snuff.

DemonicWiz likes this.
  13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Seeing alot of foul rite bg's atm, seem pretty good. Maybe give them a try.

14. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Welcome back Django. Missed you