Balance Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redderrick, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Balance Notes
    Feel free to discuss below.

Vengeful(ability) From +1 DMG every time a real friendly champion which shares a race with this champion is destroyed, to +2 DMG for each friendly champion currently on CD.
    Vengeful nora cost from 4 to 2.

Binding chains CD clause removed.
    Whirling Stones ability effect reduced from 3 spaces to 2.
    Fascinate ability effect reduced from 5 spaces to 4.
    Frigid Barrier from 14 DMG to 10 DMG.

Avalanche(ability) from 12 DMG to 8 DMG.
    Lava Storm(ability) from 12 DMG to 8 DMG.
    Rock Slide(ability) from 12 DMG to 8 DMG.
    Tidal Wave(ability) from 12 DMG to 8 DMG.
    Sand Spurt(ability) From 10 DMG to 8 DMG.

Void Shield ability cost increase from 5 to 8.

Aim ability removed and integrated into parent ability: Attack: Arrow.(Everyone with a bow should be able to aim).
    Attack: Arrow nora increase from 2 to 4.
    Aim no longer grants +3 Bonus Damage, ONLY +1 Range and Precision.

Drive ability removed and integrated into parent ability: Attack: Whip.(Everyone with a whip should be able to drive).
    Attack: Whip nora increase from 2 to 4.

Death Touch removed and replaced with Death Pact.
    Orb of Frostfall(Ability) removed from the game(There was no reason for this to be built into a champion nor is it balanced).
    Jungle Front terrain modification from 3 spaces to 2 spaces.
    Sapping Armor -3AP per hit changed to -2DMG per hit. for 2 turns.

Blood Frenzy removed entirely.
    Bleed removed and integrated into Blood Frenzy and renamed "Blood Frenzy" (When this unit damages a champion with a basic attack, the target is Bloodied for 6 turns and a blood ball is created in an adjacent space. Demons and Vampyres that capture the blood ball vampiric heal an amount equal to 50% of the damage that caused the blood orb. Other champions that capture it take that same amount in disease damage. Only one blood ball per enemy can be active at a time. When this unit's HP is less than half of its max HP remaining, it gets MultiAttack).

Swarm: X from activating on all champion kills to real champions only.
    Sweep(ability) AP cost from 1 to 3. (Part of the attack chain just like blood magic).
    Kenetic Pulse cost increase from 8 to 10.
    Take Form from strictly champions to champions and or relics.
    Tameable removed from the game entirely.
    Baby Furball needs to not go on CD after maturing.
    Thirst For Battle max cap from infinity to 3 then removed.
    Thirst For Battle nora cost reduced from 10 to 4.
    Territorial no longer stack-able.
    Territorial nora cost from 8 to 5.
    Widowmker(ability) removed and replaced with Decapitating Blow.
    Soften(ability) no longer stack-able.
    Surge: Concealed from +1 DMG for every 2 card concealed, to +1 DMG every 3 cards you have concealed.
    Abash(ability) charm lasting from 3 turns to 2 turns.
    Resonance(ability) From, +1 DMG per nora generated, to +1 DMG for half the amount of nora your opponent generated through spells, relics and abilities in the last 2 turns.
    Restrict(ability) From, range 8 to range 5.
    Blockade(ability) From, range 8 to range 5.
    Resurrect(ability) From, the cooldown of the next champion you own that dies is set to 0, to Summon a copy of the highest friendly champion on CD that shares the same faction as this unit in the nearest deployment zone. This ability costs 70 Nora to activate.

Ranks of Retreat removed and replaced with "Retreat" (currently Retreat 3).
    Ranks of Horrific Aura removed and replaced with "Horrific Aura" (currently Horrific Aura 1).
    Ranks of Pummel removed and replaced with "Pummel" (currently Pummel 1).
    Ranks of Assassinate removed and replaced with "Assassinate" (currently Assassinate 1).
    Ranks of Force Barrier removed and replaced with "Force Barrier" (currently Force Barrier 1).
    Ranks of Short-Lived removed and replaced with "Short-Lived" (currently Short-Lived 2).
    Ranks of Multiattack removed and replaced with "Multiattack" (currently Multiattack 1).
    Ranks of Block removed and replaced with "Block" (currently Block 1).
    Ranks of Dodge removed and replaced with "Dodge" (currently Dodge 1).
    Ranks of Majestic removed and replaced with "Majestic" (currently Majestic 1).
    Ranks of Torch removed and replaced with "Torch " (currently Torch 2).
    Ranks of Sunder removed and replaced with "Sunder " (currently Sunder 1).
    Ranks of Charge replaced with "Charge" (currently Charge rank 3).
    Bonus DMG on Charge from +3 to 0.
    Bonus DMG on Pounce from +2 to 0.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Wut

3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

4. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

the charge idea is a good one.
    i never liked it having ranks.
    charge should be 3 space movement at all ranks.
    i'm ambivalent with the + dmg portion of charge though.
    if it got removed suddenly one patch i wouldn't really care to be honest.
    and any units effected too badly by its removal could just have the dmg added back directly.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Deep analysis of your arguments.

1.png

2.png

Inked2_LI.jpg

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

why remove ranks of multi attack and magestic ?

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

why do most of this stuff? theyre just changes suggested for the sake of making changes

Tweek516, Woffleet and Etherielin like this.
  8. Redderrick

There is no reason for charge to have increased bonus damage, it is already a gap closing ability that is really good, its problematic when you have factions that have huge bonus DMG modifiers like IS that then make it over the top

Alakhami likes this.
  9. Redderrick

Multiattack rank 3 isn't balanced what-so-ever and is extremely undercosted the higher the unit's damage is, Its unecesssary to have ranks of this ability.

Does it even make sense objectively to have ranks of majestic? My unit is more majestic? They're all just majestic, just like Intimidating

Alakhami likes this.
  10. Redderrick

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

A lot of these, eh... simplifications... would significantly slow down gameplay (as well as reduce damage potential), allowing certain slower styles of gameplay to be more powerful.

12. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

speak of the devil! how do you think IS' dmg output should be nerfed? it's gotten to the point where it's not even funny that it outdmgs UD without much sweat.

13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Just a couple of good ideas but i feel the rest is a mess.

Sapping armor from -3ap to -2dmg? themes and subthemes in SL use AP control..
    its like most of your suggestions are changes you came up by just looking at the abilities and not the contexts, themes or champs that use them.

Tweek516, Redderrick and MrBadguy like this.
  14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

eJ8HJ8Gf1AE8De9Ae9BJ8Jj9Aeeiyojpjekrwfm.gif
    u wut m8

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Looks good.

Whirling Stones ability effect reduced from 3 spaces to 2.
    That is only one I have beef with, because I crutch on it. I crutch on it because the community assured me it was fine.

Take Form from strictly champions to champions and or relics. <-this change seems oddly specific, I smell devious intentions.

Kampel likes this.
  16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Some are ok, most I disagree with.

17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Lava storm already has a CD of 5 so reducing its damage output would shoebox the ability. Whirling Quarry is now x1 and only run for seism which is already getting nerfed. The void shield nerf and binding chains nerfs are a good idea though.

18. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Don't like this because it caps the limit on the very niche Vengeful deck and makes the FW bonus work against you(because let's face it, this ability is only relevant in that faction).

I think this ability and Freezing Chains are borderline OP but not enough to drop the CD clause. I agree that for 7 nora it's probably too cheap, but it also gives you a 1-2 turn downtime if you focus fire something else so they're not always as devastating.

That seems fair for a 3 nora ability. It has a huge impact on the game for very little investment.

It's already going to 50 nora so this would kill it.

:rolleyes:

Affects way too many runes. You're basing a tremendous balance shifting change proposal on a "makes more sense in-universe" decision and Precision alone is 4 nora without accounting for the non-standarized cost of range on everything with it. This only makes Attack Arrow a powercreeped version of Attack Physical.

I dunno. Are Dodge and Block 2 still 9? If so, seems legit.

Giving an 8 nora discount on one of the best abilities in the game can't be good. Drive's cost nerfs have near driven it out of the meta but it's still too powerful to hand out like that.

Don't like this because Death Touch is higher risk by needing to get close and Death Pact makes no sense on the Death Touch champs like Greater Pimpspawn who wouldn't wanna throw their HP away. Only Death Pact change I'd like to see is disabling overkills where a 5 HP xulos trades to negative 25 HP with a 60 HP champ.

cba to keep reading in depth but a lot of these seem poorly thought out.

3/10 apply yourself.

Tweek516 likes this.
  19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If anything I think that Aim should be something like:
    [AP: 1, CD: 0] - For 1 turn, this champion has Strike and Precision for its next Basic Attack.

Basically the unit can use it for any basic attack but it is trading Precision and Strike for Ponderous.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY, Alakhami, Woffleet and 2 others like this.
  20. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Yes remove damage. I hate it

fogandsteel likes this.