Balance patch notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebron, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Here are the balance patch notes for the week:

Here are the notes for last week:

Two weeks ago:

Three weeks ago:

Anyone else see a problem, or is it just me?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Here are the notes for the last two months:

Gotta make sure you cover everything.

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

At least you can't exaggerate nothing
    oh wait.....NVM

4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

just tell us what the Firk you're doing DOG, we shouldn't have to even ask

I remember when DOG guys started again on here and I was pretty happy with how much they talked

now I'm being reminded of SOE with what little we get

now moles has to make Q&A's just to hear what's going on?

k

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Don't be like that, it wasn't that long ago that Maxx was buffed.......

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Don't forget, it's only Senshu in this Q&A... That means unless Senshu asks Gedden all the questions he won't know S***

7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Stop typing these up in invisible ink Nebron.

I'm on to you.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't get it.

9. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Maturity levels in this thread is over 9... oh wait..

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

11. mortal ix

It means that no matter how much we whine about Dog being silent or taking long on whatever they are doing. The only thing we achieve is to establish a negative atmosphere. They have let us know that coding in poxnora is not easy to deal with, it takes time. Furthermore it reflects our ungratefulness for all the work they have already put into this game and if we cant wait a month to get our way then that doesnt exactly show us as the most mature crowd.

We have been through this before, we could wait when SOE was in charge, why not give DOG a bit of time to work as well. Besides, havent it shown that rushing their work has produced nothing but catastrophy? "But its not rushing them by asking for a simple response" Well actually it does, it takes them away from their worktime giving them less time to work on the game.

TLDR: Grow up, you can handle the waiting. Give them time and they will be able to produce better results.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's been two months.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No, it means that as a customer we are very displeased with the current product and wish to see some changes.

Tldr Stop believing that doing nothing and praying will fix anything.

14. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I agree with you @mortal ix, but it's 5 minutes to tell THE MODS to tell us that they are working, or to tell us directly, if they have time to get in the game, they have time to make an official response as well.

15. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Steam relaunch was two weeks ago. That isn't exactly a balance patch but it's still a lot of work behind the scenes. One guy can only do one thing at a time, complaining constantly about that isn't going to change it.

If only Gedden was a woman~

mortal ix likes this.
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Like 5mins to talk to us?

Like two days for a decent balance patch to make the game playable again?

These are all trivial things though, priorities priorities.

17. mortal ix

5 minutes to talk but about what, you have expectations and they have goals they want to fulfill. A 5 minute talking session would produce nothing good.

Two days of work for a decent patch, are you serious? Didnt Gedden specify it took days to change 3 simple things on one champion? Due to the coding being a nightmare? What about balance, its not static. We have learned that by now. Balancing is achieved by carefully adjusting, trying and failing. That doesnt sound like its going to be done in 2 days, probably not even in the next month either. I want them to take the step by step, careful approach, not the "I know what you need to do, to balance this game" approach. Everyone seem to have the answer, but rarely is it unbiased and almost never is it without personal gain in mind.

So rant away about them being slow, I will be silently applauding that, because it means that contrary to some devs I wont be mentioning. Dog actually cares for the game and will use as much time as is needed to make it the best experience for us the playerbase.

18. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Pox is run by one programmer, possibly in his spare time. It's going to take a while for him to get things done

mortal ix likes this.
  19. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure what you are expecting to hear that you don't already know.

1. There is a bug causing the Single Player to break. Captain Obvious Says: They are probably working on fixing that. If the Capt'n isn't enough: Senshu said so too.
    2. The Player Community People have given their suggestions for the next patch to Gedden forever ago. So whenever he gets around fixing the bug statet above they'll get around releasing that. I don't know if it takes two days or longer to code PN stuff. According to the myth it's a pain in the butt to make the smallest change in the game. I never understood how code can be so broken, but I have no choice but to believe them.
    3. Ronin, they are coming... slowly.

Since their priority is fixing a bug for which a cause isn't known yet it is likely difficult to say how long it will take to fix and therefore hard to tell when the other things will be handled. Still there is some kind of Q&A comming up in a few days where some of those concerns might be answered.

Overall I'd like some more Green posts in here as well. But at times like this I feel like people are crying for the sake of crying.

mortal ix likes this.
  20. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

3 days to do a simple thing to one champion? Please. When ghern general came out he had shield throw on base and I pm'd sok asking why it wasn't axe throw. After we discussed it for a couple minutes it took him less than 2 minutes to change it. The change went through so fast most people don't know it ever happened and the few that did were very confused for the first couple minutes when they got in game and their champ had a different ability than it did when they made the deck.

But while we're on the subject of things you clearly know nothing about please enlighten me as to what dev you "didn't want to mention" that didn't care about this game. How is making the game balanced and fun classified as personal gain? Last I checked that's kinda important for a game to do well. I think we've been fairly patient but after 2 months without any meaningful balance changes I fail to see how white knighting the owls does any good.