Barbarian beasts?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Hekau718, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

I looked through all barbs, and realized that a tonne of them are part beast ( every one with a horse) , and there are two Boost: Beast, who are also barbs - Herder and Houndmaster. There is also a crazy efficient Wolf with barbarian bound. + Huntress summons boar, Shaman transforms into a beast. I threw one bg together real quick, but right now, I can´t play the game. ( highly restricted internet access in a foreign country)

Has anyone done a bg with them? Is is any good? - What is it missing?

Feedback appreciated!

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

What's a foreign country?

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

They are pretty good but there is better stuff to run.

4. Hekau718

Well, I´m at Tenerife. And I got 1 gb of internet for around 10 euros. That restricts me from playing Pox or watching videos.

5. Hekau718

Are Barbs better off without the module?

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I just wouldn't use the straight beasts cept maybe the wolf

7. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Give it a shot and let us know. Seems like something anyway. You could get some serious buff stacking, enrage, boost, warchief inauguration.

8. Hekau718

I threw one bg together quick, but It´s on a tight budget. ( Guys like Fist of Bastion and Kinsman are beasts too.) I made one game, and it depleted quite a bit of my internet in here. Nevertheless, I think it´s not that bad! Savage wolves are absolute monsters, I also used Tales of Valor + Mail of Barbs on them. Might be better options for equipment, but I´m a massive scrub. Even the Boar summon gets super strong. (Especially with Houndmaster´s drive or Herder´s invigorate, he often charges twice. ) - As far as playstyle goes, It seems like the pets and wolves are a big threat, while the opponent deals with them, you have time to build up and use your range safely. - Someone needs to try it out, it´s dirt cheap anyway.

Thanks for feedback!

9. Hekau718

10. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Houndmaster is boss, I have played this module mixed with Wings pre-revamp, when I go to home I will post my BG.

11. Hekau718

I agree, he is really good. Drive is a huge boost on it´s own. The dogs are also quite nice. - I found it helped proc Violent on the Wolves, whenever I kept my distance with the ranged ones.

12. Djangoguy

13. Hekau718

I don´t like Barbarian Bolt- the Stormclan warchief seems the worst of them all, He´s quite expensive and doesn´t seem to bring that much to the game. ( I might totally be wrong here, not that experienced) I´d change those back to Huntresses, as the boars are practically as strong as the huntress herself, if played correctly. Are Bolts really worth two slots? - Why would one include them?

14. Djangoguy

Lightning Bomb, Skylancer (Wind Aura works that all champs near him will got more damage), alt damage and Rebuke (wich is "meh")

You might be right, on your beast/barbarian module probably Huntress is better because the boar, more violent procs from Wolves on the bench and better range.
    Have you tried Scarlet Wing after sigil nerfs?

15. Hekau718

Didn´t really consider wings at all, them not being barbs and such. I think I´m not lacking in range, nor alt damage, to include him though.

16. Djangoguy

17. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I like going with one Houndmaster (Boost Beast 3 and Drive) and one Sarnghavian Herder (Boost Beast 3 and Invigorate 2). Grant Mobility and Blessing of the Fallen on the Herder are nice additions for only 68 Nora compared to 81 for Houndmaster. Houndmaster gives you free dogs, which is why it's more expensive, and which is why I run one of each.