Barbarian exemplar

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Firk, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

why was class paladin removed from this?

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

it was removed a long long time ago, it makes no sense thematically anyway, doesnt look remotely paladin.

3. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Should of been a death shaman and martyrdom should of kept the caused awestruck clause for killing same race instead of the plus 1 damage. Throw on blessing and roar of the fallen and you had a interesting death shaman who debuffed/healed based on death.

4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I think most people felt that having to kill your champ for it to be really useful is not a good design. Especially in IS , its one of the reasons Drakon is bad.

5. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

i would love a slight rework on how the revere mechanic is worked and a rework on drakon into the structs theme or a semi meta state

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  6. Tarth

yeah but its not you that is killing them. its a deterrent and with awestruck it actually punished them for taking out your guys unlike now with a minor heal and low damage buff.

All I'm saying is that currently shes a mid priced basic range beater who lost her key synergy element of unstoppable AND had her martyrdom nerfed on top of losing stun/punishing aura internal synergy. Sure, she got commander or call to arms but those should be on different units not legs where they can help piece the them together instead of being barriers. I really do not see anything she really does that really stands out as a LEG let alone helps barbarians. Give her a niche, imo a punishment for killing her/other barbs would be something unique ( Awestruck for attacking unit for 3 turns when a barb is killed on top of the heal OTHER UNITS NOT HERSELF!!!+Roar/blessing being a combat related buff/debuff. That or bring back her AP control to help increase IS/Barb AP control.

sassquatch likes this.
  7. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

when i saw she got punished i was really happy beccause i tought countaerattack range would trigger punish. But it does not so yet again i find no use for her. Along with aspect of divinity, Aria, Archangerl of al'mara she one of my top fav units i just cant justify playing those units(besides Aria).

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have been running her at 71 nora for Call to Arms and Barrage 1.

9. Tarth

Martyrdom: When a owned unit is destroyed the closest owned unit with the lowest health is healed for 8-10. If the destroyed unit shared a race with this unit the attacking unit is awestrucked for the next 3 turns.

Add: blessing of the fallen: When this champion is destroyed, friendly champions are healed 10 HP and gain +1 DEF for 2 rounds. This effect does not stack.
    and: Roar of the Fallen When this champion dies, all opposing champions have -2 DEF and -5 DMG for 3 turns.

you get a nice little synergy theme going. Fill in the gaps and see what you can do.

It would be cool to get resurrect on there too.
    Resurrect 2 Nora Rank 1 CD: 5
    For 4 turns, the cooldown of the next champion you own that dies is set to 0.

[​IMG] Resurrect 4 Nora Rank 2 CD: 4
    For 4 turns, the cooldown of the next champion you own that dies is set to 0.

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

There is actually resurrect in IS via shroud of almara. The thing about that equipment is the fact that first aid is still granted by that equip, and that ability hadn't been good since... I dunno, forever?

As for exemplar, she was completely demolished and still is.

Elite skirmisher does what she does, better and cheaper.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I remember when people nerf-cried First Aid on Nectar Fairy.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It becomes much more effective when you can use it 3 times each round and store up 15 AP. Soktroll on the prowl. Or maybe he didn't understand that.....

Anyway. This unit is 100% meh. It says to me "I don't think I can be creative with this ability so let me just make it boring and awkward".

The best part of the ability was the awestruck. It put the hurt on multiple kills and worked alot better with UD Sac barbs.

13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Wow , counter attack: ranged doesn't trigger punish? sadness ....then I guess she is just a command bot now? that costs high for a support and low damage potential for a range option... hm I dont know where she fits in a barb deck now...

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am running her Barrage 1 and Call to Arms. Have deployed her in all of my last few games. Martyrdom does help her damage the longer a games goes on but my gripe with the ability is that if she is at full hp the heals are wasted. Would be cool if she got +4 maximum hp instead of an 8hp heal. Think Adaptive but for death.

Between Tarriff and Call to Arms you can get a pretty sizable nor advantage over the opponent.

15. Tarth

It should heal the lowest hp champion you have not just her. Call to arms and tariff are both on Legs which is bad for a theme/new players. Considering you have to lose champions to give her a +1 damage buff, and there are loads of better ways to do that in IS, no it does not seem like a good ability.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That would be great as well. As I have been playing barbs I have noticed the lack of healing. Shaman is great but barbs play at a very fast tempo and stopping to heal makes you lose momentum. In the meantime I have been using Desperate Healing and its been doing alright. Pushing Martyrdom into something like that would fit the theme. Something like Blood Dispersial would be dope as well.

As for the damage buff you have to remember that just because there are better ways to gain damage in IS doesn't mean she cant use them as well on top of Martyrdom.

17. Tarth

True but it use to heal the nearest owned unit to the one that died, AND awestrucked the enemy champion when it killed the unit making it a lot more useful. Barbs really do not need a on death +1 damage buff when they have 2(?) on kill global damage buffs, and multiple target/AOE damage buffs not counting spell use. Bring back the punishment for killing a barb and you can keep the on going offensive tempo going longer with all their in combat buffs they can do.