Barbarians

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Hierokliff, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

So in the nerf nexus aura thread, we did start go about changes on barbarians. And when I talk about barbarian theme its not those shiny holy fake barbarians. No here we are going to talk about real barbarians. if you got any good brutal barbarian BG, or found a cool use of a barbarian that you dont think others are aware about, post it here.

I dont have a working barbarian deck, they all get mixed with holy/dwarfs because they must have their abilities besides dmg.
    Like this deck, its all about nora combat, all units that can have call to arms/banditry have it, but still yes i need the barb guard, (angel for aoe cleanse and holy blade to rule range) and bastion and zedin. but if you want an aggressive working pvp barbarian bg, this one is a good start. yes can change alot of them. i miss brutality barbarian in it, but with 2 mounted kinsman the melee is very heavy already, used 2 renegades also but changed one for the superior terraformer.
    barbs nora.JPG

i use almost no relic in this bg, because it is very fast moving, i think i could remove 3-4 champs for more spells since they are so hardhitting.

brutal exemplar, favor nomad, mounted kinsman, renegades are set for gaining nora or reducing spell cost. ive had ragequitters telling me they outplayed me but they still lost. because i dont need fonts, i just need to hit your army to either steal nora or get cheaper and cheaper troops. deploy a bastion for 60nora is ok :) or a renegade for 16nora, wonder if it can go negative in cost?

2. Hierokliff

Barbarian Bolt, the king of electrifing my own units, oh how i wish i could remove that annoying elec aura from this fearsome fighter or whatever he is. but instead, lets see if he is working with magical+burning auras also, for a neat 18pts aoe. Sad blessing of al'mara aint working on shamans, wonder why? Because if it did, he would be a primary target for that spell to get hunter:walker for 24pts auras.
    So how to back him up, of course barbarian diviner for the magical aura, burning crusade spell, both impervious
    which equip though, think beermaiden brew or granite bracers, he need survivability
    its really sad barbarians have no equip'er at all, could really see a shield or sunder axe being given out by any of all of our barbarians.

so far he is actually really fun in PvE, but i think i hurt my own units as much as the enemy, until he dies, then he hurts my own alot more since that pesky elec aura moves to next barbarian. Think if warchief storm clan instead it did give jolt, paralyze, punish or slam. or heck +1spd since he is bursting with energy :)

3. Hierokliff

Interrogator.
    She is that woman your mom always told you to stay away from, and gosh was your mom right!
    Interrogator used to be hardhitting and useful, but with the current build she is just horrible, if your enemy ever plays this one, just stop play its insulting :)
    She runs between 74-86 nora, which is atleast 10 nora too much for what she brings with her. This is a good example why you dont mix combat with utility and skip all defense on a melee rune.

Guess shatter isnt so bad, but she is one of 3 barbarians in IS that has that ability, both terraformer and carrier squire fills other roles and can easy save AP for using shatter. While an expensive melee hitter just cant.
    Punish is a bad on melee, its real nice on ranged unit with defensive strike (Judge Torien) but on a melee unit its not something you want.
    Both shatter and punish are like +6nora each(?), removing those 2 is -12nora so she would be 62-74nora and could maybe then be some kind of fast weak melee.

Rend, banditry, frightful blows, sunder, so many options could be put on her or in the upgrade options.

upload_2017-5-5_11-59-30.png

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah Melee punish implies you want to duel it out...if interrogator doesn't kill the enemy champ after it attacks it's dead.

- My dream punish champ is an anti-ranged shock trooper. Punish + assault (can't remember the wordy new version) + counter attack ranged. Then the champion could maybe justified being so defenseless...that once it gets there the ranged is in trouble...but it has to get there.

5. Hierokliff

Bored so testing strange runes and comboes, but this one was the worst by far so far when it comes to barbarians. Barbarian Bolt is alot better which I thought was kinda bad. Tempted to test a combo with barbarian bolt with rebuke3, wild chieftain with invigorate 2, and then interrogator with punish. Run up with all 3, invigorate the enemy for 4x3 dmg from rebuke, then hit with interrogator and reset AP to 0 for probably +8dmg. But not gonna even try to make it work once in PvE.
    Judge Torien is much better, Punish on ranged defensive strike is great. its best purpose is to defend the font by standing so the defensive strike hits 1 step outside the font.
    Oh you lost all AP on the way into my font? poor lil dead dwarf...

Tried it with barbarian exemplar (it can upgrade punish) + Providence, but its 101nora, not horrible but i rather use commander or call to arms on my barbarian exemplar.

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- That is interesting concept with punish on exemplar. She does have counter attack ranged as well... It is likely a bit more meta ready to split. Like an IS/SL armory+punish+exploit bg. Since both exploits share fatigued condition which would be in abundance with punish and hammer strikes etc. Might be fun.

7. Hierokliff

I use punish to halt their attacks on their turn, if they aint ready and move into Defensive Strike Zone they are probably stuck with 0AP on a bad spot. Same if they attack her and she counter attacks, they lose all AP and are a good easy target.

Did just have a tough fight against ST/SL split in PvP, where Barbarian Exemplar saved the day, with Providence she dont move for their annoying Slam/Gale force gimmicks. That and a barb guardian with shroud, keeping 1 hit from bastion now and then to get some aid defense so she had 5-6 def all the time.

still cant decide to keep her in the BG or change for a 2nd pureblood plainswalker or a veilwalker