Bastion the Avenger is my nemesis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by attio26, Dec 30, 2015.

1. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

This isn't a discussion about whether FS is better than Is or if it struggles with Bastion. Every FS player will say they do, that's just truth.. I'm not nerf crying either, just trying to source help for dealing with him.

I hate running Salaman Hunter. Completely goes against my playstyle. Maybe I'll have to. Poison trap is a great shout. Definitely gonna put it back in my bg.

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Bastion still as crazy as ever?

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, he's a pain in the butt. I usually try to be aggressive and take him out even at a resource loss, and then let the rest of my deck work to make up for it while he's on CD.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Poison Trap and Hypnotoad are likely going to be your best options. FS has several other ways to delay him but they are all reliant on cleansable CC and IS isnt lacking cleanse options. As has been previously mentioned Drown is the easiest option but I also know its out of favor with FS players right now due to the high cost. Your only real other option will be delaying tactics. Things like Goading Mask, Watershed Anchor are decent at delaying him but wont stop him by any means. The last option would be to just tank him. Devastate deals physical damage so anything with Resistance: Physical or Vaporize/Phase Shift can do ok. For example, a full Might of Ironfist, Pummel, Devastate turn (With Banner deployed) would only deal 20 damage to Swampguard Crusher.

5. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

@attio26 Do you enjoy running Aquatics? I'm still trying to acquire enough value to put one together but I'm super stoked about what they can do
    You've got massive damage, so tankiness doesn't even mater
    You've got massive ap generation, some global options too!
    And undertow as the middle finger to positioning

I don't know about FS in general but I'm 100% sure you'd be able to deal with bastion no problem with aquatics

6. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Mirefolk do have a lot of answers, but saying they can deal with him with no problem is more of a stretch. All FS water generation bgs should be running at least one, and probably 2 undertows though. It is that good.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No-one really deals with Bastion no problem. That's just not how that champ rolls. CA: Devastate is pretty nuts.

8. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

CA: Devastate is another reason why I'd like to see the +50% modifiers changed to +33% (like Colossal), or 30% preferably, since then you can make Rank 1: 10%, Rank 2: 20%, Rank 3: 30% (for resistances, for example). Just my 2 cents.

Sealer0 likes this.
  9. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

I believe most people would like to avoid the 30% and 35% modifers, as it is quite annoying to calculate in your head.

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Eh make them pay 135 Nora for the kill them take away 100 Nora champion.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Why isn't this in the fs forums?

12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I can help you so you can properly address his threat level. His real name is Bastion the World Ender (anyone remember those days?).

attio26 likes this.
  13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It doesn't need to be % dmg tho. It can just as easily be made to flat dmg. 2 attacks, 10 LoL or something.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Actually thought about that. He's kinda of asking the question to FS, however it's general enough that everyone can chime in ways to deal with the issue. Unless he wants it to be in FS. I've got no real reason atm to move it.

attio26 likes this.
  15. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

He's generally asking for strategies for it.

16. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

It would be more balanced, though. Also, I don't think it's that hard to calculate one third in your head.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Would be easier if it was changed to something like:
    When this champion maks two successful attacks against the same champion in the same turn, that champion loses 10 [15?]life.
    Bring the ability cost down to like 12 [from 18] to be closer with other comboattacks.

Osidan and Tweek516 like this.
  18. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

If you'd literally take this version, it would go through turtle, immunity physical, phase shift etc. Probably wanna make sure the attack needs to deal damage

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That would kinda be the point though. It takes some of a crap ton of damage and shifts it to add a smaller portion of utility. Bastion wouldnt be able to 1-shot things anymore but he could counter Perseverance, Turtle, Impervious, etc. Even then it would only work for that if the enemies HP was below 10.

Tweek516 and Griselbrand like this.
  20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Seriously I have no problem dealin with bastion as he is easy to 1 round! Its only when they put righteous deflection or impervious on him that I have problems.