Battle Skald/Aurora Skald (KF Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Battle Skald
    Race: Elf | Class: Bard, Rogue, Warrior | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A tough, yet handsome, male elf is adeptly striking a foe with dual daggers. He wears a feathered hat and carries a lyre on his back. The daggers he uses seem to be dipped in some type of indefinite poison or acid.
    Flavor-Text: A Skald is extensively trained in both battle and in lore. They are deemed ready only when they can strike while reciting the histories of K'thiras in a melodic fashion, without pause or stutter.
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: 70s-80s

Champion Stats
    DMG: 9 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
    Inspire Confidence- All friendly champions within 6 spaces that are Charmed, Confused, Frightened, or Distracted are Cleansed of those conditions. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Multiattack II- This champion's AP cost for making a basic attack is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 2 AP.
    Rallying Cries II- All friendly champions within 2 spaces gain 1 AP at the beginning of your turn.

Upgrade Path I
    Lethal Poison- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion gains a stack of Lethal (if a champion gets 4 stacks, it dies) for 10 turns. This ability cannot effect those with Immunity: Poison. This condition can not be cleansed.
    Rotting Blows- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion becomes Decaying for 4 turns.
    Scour II- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Scoured is for 4 turns.

Upgrade Path II

Dodge II- Next time target champion within 11 spaces makes a ranged attack against this unit, that attack automatically misses. This effect is hidden until triggered. This effect does not trigger if this unit is Paralyzed or Stunned. (You may target this unit to Dodge the next ranged attack from any champion.)
    Hit and Run- When this champion makes a basic attack, it gains Mobility for 1 turn and 1 AP whenever it moves for 1 turn. This effect may trigger up to 3 times per turn.

Scrapper- When this champion makes a successful basic attack, it gains Reflexes 3 and Evasive 3 for 2 turns.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Xirone

This champion is a battle-ready bard. He doesn't have high damage but can strike fast while aiding his allies. He can also frequently cleanse allies from a limited set of negative conditions (i.e. Charmed, Confused, Frightened, and Distracted). His price may be a little high for what he does but he certainly would be useful if kept alive.

3. Xirone

With a few adjustments to the name, lore, artwork, and ability set, this champion could be made to fit into the developing Aurora theme...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  4. Xirone

Aurora Skald
    Race: Elf | Class: Bard, Warrior | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A tough, yet handsome, male elf is adeptly striking a foe with dual daggers. He wears a feathered hat and carries a glowing lyre on his back. The daggers he uses seem to be radiating with a holy light.
    Flavor-Text: A Skald is extensively trained in both battle and in lore. They are deemed ready only when they can strike while reciting the histories of K'thiras in a melodic fashion, without pause or stutter.
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: 70s-80s

Champion Stats

DMG: 9 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities

Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
    Inspire Confidence- All friendly champions within 6 spaces that are Charmed, Confused, Frightened, or Distracted are Cleansed of those conditions. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Multiattack II- This champion's AP cost for making a basic attack is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 2 AP.
    Rallying Cries- All friendly champions within 2 spaces gain 1 AP at the beginning of your turn.

Upgrade Path I

Combo Attack: Blind- When this champion makes two successful basic attacks that deal damage against the same champion in a single turn, that champion becomes Blinded for 2 turns.
    Hinder Movement- This unit makes an attack against a champion within 4 spaces. If successful, that unit becomes Slowed 2 and takes 50% damage.
    Illuminate- When this champion successfully damages a unit with a basic attack, that unit is Illuminated for 4 turns.

Upgrade Path II

Dodge II- Next time target champion within 11 spaces makes a ranged attack against this unit, that attack automatically misses. This effect is hidden until triggered. This effect does not trigger if this unit is Paralyzed or Stunned. (You may target this unit to Dodge the next ranged attack from any champion.)
    Hit and Run- When this champion makes a basic attack, it gains Mobility for 1 turn and 1 AP whenever it moves for 1 turn. This effect may trigger up to 3 times per turn.
    Scrapper- When this champion makes a successful basic attack, it gains Reflexes 3 and Evasive 3 for 2 turns.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Xirone

@Sokolov Which one do you like better?

6. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Make inspire confidence a thing... please.

Xirone likes this.