Be Nice To New People

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olgachary, Jan 20, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Cydna is right tbh. Not saying this is the case for all. but we do fairly often get new players walking into pox seeing a low population and make complaints expecting the devs to cater to their every whim. Then when they're told that their complaints are invalid (which they often are no offence) they go on their high horse talk about giving bad reviews etc. It gets really tiring sometimes and we even recently had a new player who's come in and made complaint after complant after complaint, even getting a lot of attention and respect from the devs but still kicking a stink because they've not been catered too. That is what cydna is referring to, he is not saying he's horrible to new players cause he's not he's simply stating an expectation that they be humble (as all players should) and respectful.

2. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I understand that new players can be equally as unpleasant as anyone else, but there was no need to go on a rant about it on this post. The OP was simply saying that people in this game (as with anyone online game) really like to be unwelcoming to new players. There really is no justifying that no matter what past experiences may have you believe about newbies. As for new players who come in and act stupid, all I can say is don't feed the trolls.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Not trying be rude, but you completely missed his point and mine...

4. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

I think we should all hold hands, love each other and say nice things about the other person

Problem Solved!

5. themacca

I love my hair and have beautiful eyes

6. thered

Thats a great start! I was more hoping for you to say nice things about other people but we got to start somewhere right! I think you are beautiful themacca :p

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

2/10, would not bang

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think you are trying too hard thered:rolleyes:

Ballballer likes this.
  9. thered

I think your mom is to hard

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

if you're going to be a mod you have to use proper grammar

11. thered

I didn't realize that was a requirement

12. themacca

I did not realize that was a requirement.

Fixed it for you

Punctuation is important.

MEATMAN likes this.
  13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

got em'

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I had a pretty positive experience as a new player.

I haven't run into a new player who was having a bad time, or was butt hurt about losing even. I was active on the forums to learn how to play when I first started out, and many players gave me great advice to help understand what runes weren't viable etc.

Furthermore, I have played against several players from the forum, and had a very pleasant experience in the games I played, win or lose. I often find players who are looking to improve their gameplay, and discuss aspects of where pox could improve gameplay wise etc. But overall, the experience is overwhelmingly positive. The community is far more accepting of opposing viewpoints than other games, and in general you are allowed to speak your mind and not be bothered, so long as you are respectful of others.

I sometimes wonder if the people complaining are actually just very unlucky, or problematic in some way themselves. I have about 530 games played, 179 wins with 359 losses, so I can say I have sampled a large portion of the community. If you play pox to enjoy the gameplay, and bond with people through the game, you are going to have a great time. If you are depressed IRL, and come on pox to socialize with people who are also seeking the same thing, I can tell you that you are going to have a "bad" new player experience, and it is your own fault. If a player has some sort of depression issue, my advice would be to get out into the real world, and make your life better, then play pox.

15. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

A lot of you players you speak of are old molded players who are doomsdayers and lost hope for this game a long time ago. Of course you still have the trolls and people like burn who we all muted. BTW there is a mute for all new players wondering, YES you can mute that person!