Been a long (long) time

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Erenoth, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

So I used to play this game way back when (as in Beta) but I haven't played since 2008. I was going through some old DnD magazines I was cleaning out of a closet today and they had the add for this game on them so I decided to see if it still existed. It does! Wasn't able to access my old account and since it seems to have switched companies several times I'm not even sure it still exists. Think it had the same name I'm using now which is discouraging but still, questions;
    1. Any advice to how I would reclaim something from so far back?
    2. Would it really be worthwhile? I was in high school at the time so I didn't spend much on the game, mostly got stuff by trading and selling the Harbinger all the testers got for stuff from the first couple expansions. If there's been a lot of power creep I imagine anything from that long ago would be pretty useless. Hopefully still better then starting with nothing though.

Any other advice would be welcome but I intend to look around the forums a bit, I assume any other questions I might have are already answered somewhere and actually playing is the best way to actually see what's changed. Hopefully its as fun as I remember!

PS I was in a guild called the Obsidian Legion, I don't suppose there's any chance thats still a thing? Seems unlikely this many years later. UD all the way!

Edit: I seem to be having trouble logging onto the game itself. Its popping up a message about not changing my password since before 2013 and linking me to a sony page that doesn't work.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

3. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Hi Mate,

I hope you get your stuff back (harbies are worth a fair old wack)
    However, most stuff that is that old (can be run) but is cheap to get hold of.

if you struggle to get hold of your account, let me know and I will help you with runes that you may need (within reason :p)

Welcome back :)

Fentum likes this.
  4. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

Thanks for the offer. I don't own it, I sold it off to buy packs pretty early on (and then was kicking myself about a year after). I remember they had restricted trading to be only runes for other runes at one point, is that still true?

5. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

the only restriction is needing runes to trade- do a few campaigns or something with the free decks, buy a few runes and I can send you some stuff across if you want?

Let me know what faction you are after and I will try sort you out :)

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you are referring to the removal of credits from the trader, then yes, that is still the case. You can trade runes, CP tokens, and tickets. Tickets don't currently have a use and aren't for sale any more. They were used to enter tournaments at one time.

7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Welcome back. You will need new runes but they are worth it. Options now exist to forge runes and use Poxbox to trade quickly.

8. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

So it took a while but my account finally got reactivated. I mostly play UD, any recommendations on some easy to acquire runes I should get? I've tried what I've got and its obvious how underpowered some of the older stuff I have is. Also have about 30k gold, not sure what to do with that.

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Give me a game and we can chat it through

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Great news, hope u find the game fun. Its pretty awesome. Save the gold for an extended set box, around 35k gold i think.

11. Kuthillick

Kuthillick New Member

Minotaurs and Bleed Decks are pretty good at the moment, with Minotaurs (slightly arguably) more so.