Best 3 Runes

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

What are the best 3 Runes of this Expansion and in what order?

2. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

From SP? Nothing really was very good, tbh...

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The Arroyo Echo is amazing! Also the G'hern Pyro is good too.

4. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Well lets disregard new runes.. they're bound to be better than older ones. (older ones meaning before The Ronin).... and ofc using the current costing after all the nerf buff fiasco.

If you only count this expansion's runes, there's really not many options, why not do Ronin-Path of Delim?

I'd say:
    1. Goliath Fesh
    2. Kanen Slipped
    3. Cyclops Warwizard

If you count new champs Ronin-Delim up till now:
    1. Speckled Fesh
    2. Cyclops Symbiot
    3. Arroyo Echo

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I don't have any of the new runes, but arroyo echo seems too fragile to me w/ only 40 hp. Also, the 1st upgrade line seems off-base. Assimilate and Log: Life Siphon seem completely wasted on such a fragile champion; Annex doesn't really seem appropriate for a range damage dealer anyway since that won't be one of your initial deploys. Ethereal can be useful, but it really is better on a champion with enough hp/def to actually survive a round and on a shorter range champion that will be used to contest or that will be in a position to be a knockback wall (or a champion that doesn't need to use basic attacks to be relevant).

Overall, none of this expansion's runes seem all that worthwhile to me (maybe the slags perform some role in a slag bg, but none of them mix up the meta or add new or interesting play styles for most bgs).

The best changes were those to ritual cultist which made her much more viable again.

6. Bellagion

Imo Arroyo Echo is unrunnably bad, but mb that's partially because of my playstyle. Slags are meh, exo doesn't do enough, G'hern Pyro is bad.

7. Raikan

I used to think G'hern Pyro was bad (and indeed it is compared to Thunder Elemental--which is okay--but still too expensive imo). But Pyro does allow a moga group access to flame surge, and that ability is especially useful in moga because it allows a g'hern to quickly move to where overseer is needed. So maybe he's so-so in moga. But heart seeker on a unit that is going to be using a lot of AP on an ability that doesn't cause basic attacks???

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  8. Bellagion

You meant "doesn't cause basic attacks," right?

But yeah, I feel that. :\ Also G'hern apparently don't do Surge Moga any more.

9. Raikan

Yes :( I should proof read more.

10. RedScarlet

Pyro is actually one of the best new runes imo:

1. splitting with SL with Indignation for Energy Thief on that Pyro.
    2. designate scapegoat w cultist (targeting pyro) as semi-shield

11. Raikan

I rather use cave dragon or any other champion with a better hp/nora for designate scapegoat.

12. RedScarlet

....I said pyro bcause of warding...not hp/nora ratio...

13. Raikan

That works? Haven't tried it, but I always assumed that he couldn't be targeted by DS.