Best of 8 Faction Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBadguy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

xaznsoulx likes this.
  2. TinyDragon

TinyDragon Lord of KF

I'm in.

MrBadguy, Karamasov and xaznsoulx like this.
  3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

When?

4. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Nevermind. I've been trying to get back into it but literally every time I login into Pox, I think everything is dumb, the runes and designs suck **** and nobody even talks anyway so even the community is a letdown. I'm just going to keep playing Shadowverse, Tinder and Duel Links until something changes or this game finally rolls over and dies so I can stop wasting my time on it. The 20-40 minute wait time for a game was the turning point given how Bane Shift the game is. It's like waiting an hour just to get kicked in the nuts.

zorbot likes this.
  5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

so salty for losing to drache...^_^

Drache77 likes this.
  6. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

To quote ballballer:

This Pox frustration is annoying because everything else is going great IRL but whenever I go back to my Pox habit, it's just a showstopper. Sign up for tournament? 3 people in my bracket just straight up stop showing up. Get on discord and talk to the same 2 guys for weeks because literally nobody else is consistently on to talk about the game, not even devs. I encounter tons of bugs every match and the controls are worse than they used to be. Even going to the forums is a snooze. Hardly any good discussions going on and the best stuff nowadays is kalasle or davre articulating stuff I've thought about or already know in some kind of struggle to ignite some wet candle. Like, sit down and think really hard about this game is failing so hard. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to discern that there's more reasons to stop playing than keep giving the game more chances it doesn't deserve. It's just the emotional and time investment keeping most of us hooked to varying degrees at this point but that's a stance I've recently started to seriously rethink.

7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It's emotional after ten years. Nostalgia is a powerful drive. One can get a pretty good game once a week or so.

@MrBadguy if you enjoy board games then you could do worse than take a look at Gloomhaven. Best boardgame I've played in 35 years.

MaruXV likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. in a non competitive 35 players tournament its normal that half of the players register and then dont find time to play/dont want to try anymore/etc... I tried to make it league play, but probably a diret match tournament would have make it easier. Still, 35 players registering isnt a bad sign for the game.
    2. discord isnt a poxnora feature. there are some people that like to talk on discord, some others dont.
    3. bugs are still there, we all know that, but client improved a lot from the release. it should get better everytime so keep some patience, if you care.
    4. low population = fewer threads. Having people argue EVERYTIME for the SAME STUFF again and again and again (and again...etc.) is not like it helps new players to join discussions. Some of the older players that should be the ones that help new ones reply with arrogance most of the times.
    5.If a games with this much problems can get people in an emotional link, it means it is a good game, despite the bugs and client's poor condition.
    6. If you care about this game, like you say, do something to help it. If you cannot bear it anymore, leave, you'll find other games, there are a lot out there.
    7. Even with the perfect client, this game has a niche population. It would NEVER have millions of players. Learning curve is too high, it needs a lot of study and focus, and the matches are too long for the recent market level. Still, there is a niche part of the players that WANT this kind of experience. Poxnora needs to address this players' needs, not getting players that dont like this kind of game, buy a box and go away. Thats what DOG is doing by working with players on expansions, listening to players' ideas for balance etc...so they still need work, but they are on the right direction.

aZaX69 likes this.
  9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

So i win by forfeit?

10. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I'm part of 2 local board game groups so I spend 2 afternoons every week playing with them, usually new stuff I haven't tried. Gloom is on my to-do list since I've been playing random stuff from this page's top 100 based on availability.

Fentum likes this.
  11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

You are a lucky bloke!

Availability of Gloomhaven is low right now. 2nd kickstarter about to deliver with some limited retail. There are 10 scenarios in Tabletop Simulator on line.

Also, Mage Wars is a reasonable approximation to Pox. Closest I've found.

Gloomhaven is a better game though.

12. OriginalG1

on for a few tonight. 8:25pm-10:17pm

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  13. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

@MrBadguy

You dont sound much like a bad guy to me, more like mr wet blanket who is realising pox is not what it used to be. Pull yourself together man!

MaruXV likes this.
  14. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Dating 2-3 people a week, renting a bigass house that I have all to myself, started working out again, got a circle of friends to play nerd Bane Shift with and saving money for my retirement at 27. I'd say I'm pretty well off. It's just Pox that needs to pull itself together. It's more or less the shittiest part of my life at this point and it's kinda depressing because on paper, it's a genuinely good game. So it's like this big eared elephant that can fly but it's chained and won't take off no matter how much we sit around and hope for some mouse to pull a magic feather out of his butt and let it spread its glorious wingears so it can soar the sky. I know being a negative Nancy is not productive but hot damn we've waited quite some time.

Nora That and aZaX69 like this.
  15. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Ok. Just for some sense of closure here and because both @Nora That and @OriginalG1 suck at meeting me online, I'd just do this:

@TinyDragon

8 games, 8 factions. Whatever faction you beat me with I'll give you a LE recolored skin of. I'll set the dates and we'll play 2 games per day.

Nora That likes this.
  16. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

@TinyDragon is on right now

Nora That likes this.
  17. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, and I can't play right now. I'll post a schedule later.

18. OriginalG1

we can not even see each other in the game when we are both logged on, I really do not feel like it is our fault.

19. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

you can type (( /who player name )) and youll see if they are on

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Doesn't matter. I'm only gonna track Tiny down from today onward so I won't bother with the small fry. Though he seemed to be kinda down yesterday and it was 2 am.

[​IMG]