Best Paladin battlegroup post-Ronin

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gaedel, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

With the Ronin expansion, what would be the best Paladin battlegroup if you are able to acquire 2x of each? What are your thoughts on the new Paladin, Amethyst Wing? Are they viable in Paladins outside of other wings? How about Elemental Warstaff, Inquisitor Magnus, Northern Cross Cardinal and Northern Cross Templar?

2. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/deck/CpPC8tChZctNcp2c4tcj7c5jc6Ic1Pc1tcfgc4-s5Xs4Bsls7Hs6MsPs8Ds87sKrHrYe2Oe1ve3i

Still testing it out. Probably going to end up dropping Silverclan Tinkerer and Charger Knight. I haven't deployed Charger Knight in forever.

I'll probably add another Warstaff or 2 Amethyst Wings depending on how things go.

Inquisitor Magnus is still boring.

NC Cardinal isn't worth running 80 nora, 5 speed or whatever he is.
    NC Templar doesn't bring much to the table now that you can't have Sunder and Book Burn. Warstaff/Amethyst Wing is probably a better choice.

4. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Charger knight is a bad ass. I'm not sure if he's runnable but he's still a manly man

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's a shame he can't get to 70 hp and 20+ damage like he did prevamp.:rolleyes:

6. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

covah do you run 1 mercy with commander an another with cleasing aura? the same for angel of protection, do you run one cheaper and another with the expensive upgrades?

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 15.20.18.png

This is what Im playing around with at the moment, just trying out the Amethyst wing to see how he plays. Usually have a second Minister in there or a Isran.

9. Gaedel

Do you need the PoV in there with AoM, Aria and Consecration? Is NC Militia worth an add to Bodyguard the more expensive champs?

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This is what I am playing with at the moment.
    [​IMG]

I am considering trying to fit in an Angel of Mercy and toying with the idea of dropping a Disarm for Maca/GC or Blink though I keep using it so :Shrug:
    I swap back and forth between Guard Tower and Unobstructed View almost every game. Guard Tower lets your ranged units go toe to toe with melee units and gives you another contest option but UV is global.

@Axeraiser are you finding Paladin Commander worth the 2x include?

11. Gaedel

What do you guys think about running Blessing of Al'Mara with Angel of Mercy for the added Improve Range?

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It's a good spell but I think IS has such a huge arsenal of great spells it gets elbowed out due to limited space. I have been planning to spend a few days swapping Blessing in for Tales of Valor but havnt gotten around to it yet.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I run both my Angel of Mercys with Cleansing Aura and both my AoProtections at 89 build.

I personally don't think Blessing of Alamara is worth it unless it's on Earth Golem.

14. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

For some reason I never noticed he had Impassioned before until quite recently, with a banner out and Impassioned and Hold the line he's sitting at like 17 damage 6 defence 60hp, thats a pretty mean font contestor, throw on a Tales or Manual ( or both) for extra facesmashing. He's definitely worth the 2x since Ive started to use him more offensively and not just a supporting commander, also you can never have to many Command Dodges.

It pains me terribly to leave out Isran and Aria for that big money wow factor but right now Paladin Commander and Warstaffs are doing it for me.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Gotta say i'm liking Amethyst Wing. A lot of people don't know about Vaporize so they end up double tapping.

16. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Vaporize also got a stealth buff with the increase in cooldowns of non-basic attack effects.

17. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I will def be making a pally bg with the new birdy

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Question. Do auras still count as Attacks? If one of your units has an aura and it procs on the opponents turn does the unit with Vaporize become Ethereal? Because that would be stupid strong.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Auras can swarm - unless it was change - but they don't trigger vaporize.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Oh well. It would have been amusing for a few days...