Best support champs in KF/UD split.

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by fogandsteel, May 14, 2017.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Who would you recommend to run? I am currently running Aspect of Life and Spirit Singer, but looking for other good support champs.

2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Depends what you run and what you want your support to do. You play gimmicky overpriced all-in-buffing on vothsair right?

fogandsteel likes this.
  3. fogandsteel

My current BG. I keep tweaking it, so any recommendations would be appreciated. I play very aggressively, usually being the first to attack. I used to run Catharsis Bloom x2 but recently replaced them with Aspect of Life and Spirit Singer. However, I'm not sure if they are the best choice, especially Spirit Singer. Also I used to run Pincushion x2 but recently started experimenting with other UD champs.
    [​IMG]

4. Regulate

I see. I rarely play these kind of decks as I find you steamroll bad players and lose to anyone decent. Admittedly you can pick up free win over decent opponents who have unlucky draws.

So with that said .. I'd probably look at Spirit of endurance for making your voths harder to kill and also hit harder, as well as either Wizard of the Ways or Elven Strategist to aid with mobility.

What's the rune between pitspawn and harb? Don't recognise it

fogandsteel likes this.
  5. fogandsteel

Hekatian Voidraker. I run her with Punish and Unstoppable.

6. Regulate

Oh right, thanks

7. fogandsteel

What upgrades would you recommend on those? Spirit of Endurance and Wizard of the Ways were actually completely unknown runes for me.

8. Regulate

Wizard of the ways would be best in this deck with grant: teleport. Other than that you pretty much want to run everything as cheap as possible.

fogandsteel likes this.
  9. fogandsteel

Are there any particularly good support champs in UD for KF/UD split?

10. Regulate

Imp alchemist. Altered lemure combos with masochism, or just has great nora:hp value anyway.

Also there's Summoner for .. summons and invig, expensive though.

Forgot snake charmer for KF, but don't think she'd be right for your deck.

fogandsteel likes this.
  11. Regulate

Do you intend for this to be a gimmick deck where you make your vothsair (due to arroweater) terrifying by investing loads of spells and support into them and then rolling over people?

If so, I think ST or IS would be a better faction to pair it with. I also don't understand what the pitspawn is doing there as he is harder to protect, and if you deploy him you can never really afford to get your gimmick rolling

Or do you intend for it to be a more balanced deck?

If so ... you should change a whole lot of things.

fogandsteel likes this.
  12. fogandsteel

I tried to run this deck with only 6 champs: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/ud-kf-rpg-deck-with-only-6-champs.23870/
    But often enough you would draw no champ in the 1st round. So I have added more. If I do not draw Ireguard from the start, I have to open with some other champ.

13. fogandsteel

If I play ST/UD or IS/UD, what would I replace Cleansing Emerald, Aurora Banner, Protection, and Burning Oak Seed with?

14. Regulate

Obviously you can't replace them all exactly, but st can give majestic from multiple sources, haste from chrono, ca, cstorm/cleansingaura, etc

fogandsteel likes this.
  15. fogandsteel

What is "ca"?

16. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

You need Elven Tender. Empathy, Nexus Aura, Grant Stoneskin, and HM3. She will replace the others easily especially if you attack first. Another decent one is Circle Messenger. He allows you to move and hit fast.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    fogandsteel likes this.
  17. fogandsteel

Wow. What a cool rune. Thank you so much.

18. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

In my own limited experience, the best ultra Ireguard split is FW due to DMZ protection plus Tempest Crown.

Then ST due to multiple majestic sources.

For KF support, Spirit of the Mountain with a Horn of Order is best. I'd go strategist before watcher. If you really want to go crazy, take 2x Grimlic's Mirror and apply to Ireguards, harbs, etc. I find avenging angel surprisingly good in such BGs.

fogandsteel likes this.
  19. fogandsteel

I'd love to try all these different combinations. It would just take a bit of time. Both in studying the runes of other factions and putting together new decks and in testing them.

PS. I used to run Grimlic's Mirror x2. There is a problem that you don't have full control of where the mirrored champ will be deployed. So I dropped it. However, perhaps I just wasn't skillful enough in applying it.

PPS. Harb in my experience is a weak champ for it's Nora cost. The primary reason I sometimes include 1 in a deck is Anthomancy, as it helps to reveal more runes giving me more tactical options.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  20. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

You can control the mirror champ deployment based on the position of the mirrored champ.

Agreed that harb is not efficient, but Superchamp decks are all about crazy stuff, not meta worthy efficient builds.

I'd never include a harb in a proper BG.