Best ways to combat different factions help

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by crazytod, May 23, 2015.

1. crazytod

crazytod New Member

So thanks to some members, burnpyro, anima and ultima to name a few I've got a decent dragon deck running but as I've been gone a while i would like to know how if any counters we have or strategies against different factions I can use to turn the tide in game,

This could be helpful to new and to players who are returning to know what we are gonna come up against so any input on how to go about playing the different fCtions and their weaknesses???

Sorry had to rush this, hope this makes some kind of sense!

Tod

2. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

UD-spam melee champs
    IS-your screwed, rush is 50/50
    ST-transfusion
    kf-your screwed rush
    sp- win the brawl
    fs-brawl
    fw- dragons dont have magic damage gl

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Dragons can beat up FF FW. I did it. Imperators and Vindrax are priceless for their AoE, so you can go through Bone Elementals. I also used Locust cuz I run a small sand module.

Skithmaw Hunter and Draksar Broodqueen to detect the Dusk Creeper.

If you can, try to eventually make your way with one of the AoE dudes over to where UT is, spit one AoE and cast an AoE spell to kill it. But be carefull to spellcheck first against Ancient's Protection, using a Dragonfear. Alternatively, if you think you can get close enough, have a Magnetize ready. But usually, if you try to get that close, you just die.

Also, Dragons do have Magic damage, albeit limited: Prismatic Skywing and Valdac. I like to run 1 Prismatic and 1 non-Dragon magic dmg.

Relay is what is gonna save your ass. I learned long ago how and when to use Beacon, which is very useful for deploying Rumblers close to the combat.

You have to make your way past/through tanks and Polluted Martyrs and kill their long range dudes. There's always gonna be some. High Warlock, Dead Fairy, Mysian Lamia, whatever it is.

If you can, try to play in such a way that one of your units pulls many of their champons over to one side, while the rest of your army does stuff elsewhere. That's how I managed to get close enough to destroy the UT.

~

The advice is kind of disorganized, but I'm sure it can prove useful. It's based on my own experience.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    Anima26 and crazytod like this.
  4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see a dragon deck. Can you post a link? Please.

5. ormen

spam

Attached Files:

Fentum likes this.
  6. Sirius

Anima26 likes this.
  7. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Underdepths- I don't find them that much of a problem, if they're doing the annoying shrine burn, just rush them down, Spiders have little to no range, abuse that.
    Ironfist- Can't say anything about em, i don't win against them that much. Firk dorfs.
    ST- Just beat em up, i play skeezicks so this is based off of that.
    KF- I don't really run into them often, but i usually win with ranged poke
    SP- Who ever rushes first loses, and if you some how win the first rush, game is yours.
    FS- No match up experience, only faced tortuns and full poison decks.
    FW:No magic damage, good luck, aoe spam for anyone trying to take you to the bone zone, Rush down witches, or build up since you're going to over power them in the end.

Anima26 likes this.
  8. ormen

every champ is different so counter what they play with something while keeping in mind meta runes people from that faction use

9. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

Is our matchups against IS and FW so bad? I play little pvp and got some ST and SP.Also, is that taking which deck in account? Draks, drags and skeez?

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

if you aren't running 2x prysmatic and valdac in dragons, you're doing it wrong

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

2x acidcraw and 2x patrol in the same bg gave me cancer

Sirius likes this.
  12. ormen

current dragon bg

Attached Files:

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This is what I just made

dragons.png

Blue vindrax *****es

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I still don't like Eminent. Just feels costy for what it does.

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I don't see no 2x Prismatic in here nub.

darklord48 likes this.
  16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Well he's doing it wrong.

17. ormen

eminent can 3 shot people all day

18. Sirius

So. I'm very interested to hear what changed your mind. Was I right that the flexibility is nice? Is there something different about this bg that makes it a better choice than Magnetize or Dragonclaw? Was it simply being desperate for space (basically still a flexibility thing) ?

I do wish Reforge could replace your own positive equips too.

Also, I'm the type of guy who runs Skywing Beacon over Hive in such a deck (so basically a heretic), relying on Rumbler's Aura for anti-persev. (and also on Purge, BUT LET'S NOT GO THERE; really don't wanna open a Purge debate <.< ).

19. ormen

I use reforge as a counter equip and save magnetize for the wombo

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I didn't realise that if you disarm something you ALSO get one of the equips in the same go along with the nora refund. The wording was quite poor. Maca is still really great, so im still switching between both, but reforge is still sweet.