Better competitive theme: Dwarves or Paladins?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by jhgh2288, Apr 4, 2016.

1. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

Returning to pox after 2 years away, was wondering if anyone would care to post BGs they're currently running. Haven't played IS since "Dwarven Phalanx" was the mainstream strategy.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Paladins are better.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

upload_2016-4-4_14-8-5.png
    I don't think Prismatic Wing's are needed, I just think they're cool/fun units.

upload_2016-4-4_14-8-52.png
    I haven't used this BG as much since the expansion hit because I have a bunch of BGs I switch through. I'm testing out Secluded Shrine cause on paper it seems useful. I'll probably try to fit another IS Angel unless she gets nerfed.

4. jhgh2288

jhgh2288 Well-Known Member

@Cydna what's are the last 2 champs on the dwarf list? I recognize everything else.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Scarlet Wing and Treasure Hunter.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Hey Cydna, Veilwalker is amazing again.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I added her into my Barb BG but I haven't played the Paladin one in a few days. Next time I play it i'll probably toss her in.

8. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I'm still waiting until Inquisitors Magnus, Isran and Angel of Mercy is used again. What about Euan and Attendant Squire, are they not usable anymore? Has NC Avenger ever been usable? Then Veilwalker, would you use one or two?

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sometimes I use Isran. Fisko and Dumpraiser use Angel of Mercy. Whenever I use Magnus I feel like he has a huge target on his head. Euan is good and can be used. Attendent Squire is good, but I try not to have too many support champs. NC Avenger is usable, but I don't think she'll be good until she loses her Hunter sand bag. Veilwalker, I run 1. Two if I need magic damage.

10. tyrande99

tyrande99 New Member

upload_2016-6-4_21-38-30.png
    Hello , i saw the battlegroup above. I just started this game and i trade some free runes i got on poxpoints for others and i got some runes donated.
    So i managed to make this bg the last weeks. Can anyone explain why this would not work out or why the bg of cydna is better.
    I think runes cost roughly the same. Maybe the minister can give something extra to the whole bg when you need it ??? And i see you dont run equipments .... why ????
    PLease tell me .......
    What do i have to get out and what do i need in this bg at first.
    I have to save again for trade :cool:

11. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

The decks proposed by Cydna have a lot more internal synergy (Minister, Cardinal, Noble), while your is more oriented to be a "good stuff" BG. I don't think that your deck doesn't (or wouldn't) work, even if using a lot of equips (and no relic) is not a common pratice.

Equips can be countered/removed easily than spells: this is the main reason they are not often used if not very good (medal of valor is great, for example). Also, equips that work like spells (Fist/Earthquake comparison) are limited by the unit AP and position, so the spell is usually more easy to use properly when needed.

Having no relic could be a problem: relic are often use for contesting font and some have very good effects in IS, like earthshaker or griffin peak.