bg help

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by izmocat, Jun 7, 2014.

1. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

mostly fine, it lacks a bit of synergy to work better, for example:
    dwarven magister -> second griffin rider because this means more ap for your flyers
    Dwarven excavator -> mountain sentry because sentry also detects and marks and stealths and is as quick and harrassy, and this will spare you from running the garg for detection.
    Another option for detection is using mounted hawkmasters -> really op champions
    Bastion is a hard choice, because yo want him only if you are going to support him a lot, and you are not doing that, either you give him some more support or replace it.
    Euan is nice to have considering that he's decent and prestige comes very handy, try not to deploy it against FS though.
    overall: I'd try to include some more mid-cost champions like hawkmasters because your melee options look really costly between fist, master axeman and bastion, I'd also try to include less champions and more spells, macadamize and instill panic come to mind.

3. izmocat

I assume you mean bastion the avenger and not fist of bastion, also here is my updated bg

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cupcq_cp...c1tcgacd1s5Xs4Bsls7ms4Gs7Hs6Ms4-s2ds87rirYele_

plz tell me what you think and if there should be any more changes.

I don't really like tailwind as an an ability especially because i have few flying units. and magister and excavator I think are both pretty good so I kept them.

also would it be worth running a royal geomancer? if I did what should I remove to fit it and also what runes would work well with it? because I read somewhere that geomancer only works if you support it.

also if you could tell me a few auto includes that'd be great.

also why should I try not to run euan against fs?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  4. GabrielQ

Why do yo think that magister is better than scarlet wing?
    Do you think you have enough physical damage to make good use of strip armor?

Royal geomancer uses roughly the same support bastion the avenger does: haste and invigorate mostly, and you can add gravity flux to that, a good option to run along geomancer/bastion is a combination of leoss magnate and druid.
    You have your autoincludes covered, I consider them to be minister, griffin rider, ironfist agent, fist of bastion, hawkmaster, scarlet wing, some ap gen support (sergeant, druid), DF champion(s) and veilwalker (I would include her anywhere but it's not mandatory), and add to that vial/soul reaver for cleanse, blink for spot removal, refute, might of ironfist, hammer strike and bane blast, and of course banner + other relic.
    These things give you a really nice set of things in the form of abilities like tariff, corrupted nora, detection, pilfer/shatter, bastion of mobility, sunder, cast: despoil, battle drum, several ways of CC, nice finishers and options for burst damage.
    You don't have a direct way to counter summon spam (present on aspect of divinity) and you have to add prestige (euan or holy blade of valdac) but that's pretty much it, and it can be fixed.
    No euan against FS because impenetrable and his defense won't save him from drown or KB+ fumes, and you won't be needing his prestige, but, for example against SP a impenetrable euan equipped with a brew will prove to be a hard to remove champion, and is good against UD and KF also, neutral against SL, ST and IS and is tricky against FW, because you want him deployed but he's vulnerable to gibs (no much more that fist, mind you).
    If you want to be always sure, support him with either refute or veilwalker's despoil.

5. izmocat

thankour for your help. I haven't used strip armour once yet but magister has been helpful so I ll probs keep running him and if strip armour never works out I migt remove it. if I was to run 1 royal geomancer in my bg what runes would you have me remove and add to support it. also would you be willing to trade a geomancer for bastion and gargoyle? I presume you mean leoss magnate and leoss monk. also is it a hard bg to run? this geomancer bastion support bg? what are gibs? also what do you think is better this bg im running now a geomancer bastion bg or a barbarian bg?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  6. GabrielQ

To run 1 royal geomancer, I would add 2x leoss magnates, 2x leoss monk and remove dwarven mortar crew (if you are going to play more dependent runes you want the rest to be more self sufficient) priest of valdac, dwarven sergeant, dwarven excavator and 1 support (earthgod sigil), then I would also replace euan with bastion the avenger, scarlet with second griffin rider and macadamize with gravity flux.
    Wheter is harder or not, it depends on do you adapt to it.
    Gib is killing a champion suddenly.
    If you are playing meta, there is nothing better than it, by definition.
    Barbs have some really powerful champions in fist, the displaced, hawkmaster, huntress and wild chieftains and nobody stops you to run them alongside griffin riders, scarlets, agents and such so you can mix them as you please.

7. izmocat

would you consider my bg meta? if not what would you consider meta?

8. GabrielQ

your approach is meta, I'm not sure that you are using the absolutely best combination of runes though, that requires playing experience and it varies constantly depending on what you are facing

9. izmocat

nw. thanks for all your help.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I would not recommend the Royal Geomancer unless he's the center point. He requires dedicated support, a fairly strict deploy order and a specialized spell set.

If you are using him then strip and g flux are vital. If you are under utilizing the shock wave potential then he's over costed and easily replaced.