BG - Hub. Amareth edition

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

BG Hub ~ Vision of Amareth ~ Expansion 27

[​IMG]

ArcherVore:
    Description: This is Archer Subthemed, Elf Centric BG. It focuses on deploying as many power ranged units as possible and buffing them into stat monsters. It's not completely focused on archers as that dosent work in any meta, so the bg has a diverse set of melee units to tie it together and give it the competitive edge required for ranked play.
    Combo's&Synergy: This bg is pretty standard in it's nature; deploy archers+equip with covenant/murder+fire for effect. Fan Faire/Honor Coin are your main stat boosters - Honor coin's best targets are Archer Commander/Elven Strategist/Experimental Warspirit.
    Final thoughts: Fairly easy bg to play; be weary of IS/UD anti range bgs; but you can as stated adjust your bg to the scenario you're faced with depending on their deploys.

De'lim the Dauntless:
    Description: A BG that uses trees to ramp up HP/DMG on Devotee units; with the capability of turning any unit into a devotee.
    Combo's&Synergy: Most notable combos would be Sporegill/Dragonbark + Overgrowth, for a real champ + 3 summoned units -- Lashdown power turns giving AP or locking down important units - Lashdown + Reclaim for two turn pacify. Wood Elemental + Sapling death results in +12hp heal/+6maxHP -- Crown of petals for locking down single units/removing pesky upgrades //
    Final thoughts: There has been slight nerfs to the overall speed at which can you Sacrifice Saplings, but the HP gain allows to sustain your way to the mid game where this bg shines, after that it's up to you! :);

Elf Highlander-ish:
    Description: Generic Elf BG focused on super buffing stats and heavy range tactics.
    Combo's&Synergy: As basic as a deck can get there are very limited combos in this bg; its sole purpose is spamming elves and buffing them via - Fan Faire/Honor Coin/Covenant/Battlemaster - Any unit in this bg can become a monster. Another thing to note is Both Condor Fury & Experimental Warpsirit can hit ranges 1-4 - There's a bit of of lockdown in this bg too utilize your tanks properly while snipping down from range.
    Final Thoughts: Easy to play; and very fun to use.

EnduringAura:
    Description: Elf Centric BG based on stacking defensive abilities to form a Phalanx-esque playstle through the use of Nexus Aura/Stone Skin Potion/Enduring Aura/Momento/Evasive/Devolve/Protection - Late game orientated bg; but still has the early game stall potential once you get the sequences down.
    Combo's&Synergy: The basic idea of this bg is to get Elven Tender with Nexus aura out ASAP, combined with Enduring Aura from Aurora Lancers or Spirit of Endurance OR even Epochal Oasis, after that your objective is to stack as many defensive abilities as humanly possible in your AoE 2-3 Phalanx set up; Stone Skin Potion on Tender is usually used on the front liner if you've set up your phalanx. -- Bliss + Tender x2 = Regen3 on all units (currently bugged) -- Epochal Sage + Time Bend free de-stealth --
    Final Thoughts: One of the cooler bgs I've made in the last little while; enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Meta:

Garu:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    noamkeren, Hiyashi, Karamasov and 6 others like this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Way to mock people who do not have a Pox Harbinger.

3. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

According to some, Pox Harbingers are easy to trade for and therefore there is no need to make an Legendary version. I won't name anyone but I tried my best to get some kind of traction going for a legendary version and this is what I kept hearing from many "wise" vets of this game. Thankfully I actually managed to get one but I no longer have any testicles.

On topic - You didn't tell me you were using 2x strat, that was the missing champ lol. I love this deck btw.

4. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, I got one too, but it was not of my main faction and it was more than I was ever planning on paying for a rune. But hey I have one and it is pretty damn useful in the faction I have it for.

5. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I use mine in pretty much every KF deck I make. I was also told over and over that they are useless as giving trees :rolleyes: They are AMAZING!

6. doubtofbuddha

range 6 + init 2 is pretty damn useful, yeah.
    I most wanted to get them for FS because of the lack of init in-faction, but the new Firk Mindcaller kind of makes up for it. Kind of.

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'm not mocking anyone...

8. doubtofbuddha

I know! I was joking. Should have included a smilie. :D

Karmavore likes this.
  9. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

I hate Harbingers and even if they do make a legendary version I would not want one.

drathys likes this.
  10. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hey, I was wondering if you would be willing to playtest my current BG for a bit and/or give me advice on it.

http://poxbase.com/deck/cd-ClIChxc54C5Fct_c5AC52C5KciCoVs7s4Ks7Ws2tsLr3nr3frUe3keWe1Ie2weM

From the past I know we make fairly different BGs, but I would still really like to know what you would change or how you would do with this BG.

EDIT: How do you run your Arrowsingers? Also I swapped out Vindicators for Shizzlechests earlier, Shizzlechest just survives longer for me and has about the same dmg output with poison 2 (evasive 3 + entangling attack).

Sincerely,

Josh753

11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

EDIT: How do you run your Arrowsingers? Also I swapped out Vindicators for Shizzlechests earlier, Shizzlechest just survives longer for me and has about the same dmg output with poison 2 (evasive 3 + entangling attack).

Sincerely,

Josh753[/quote]

I find vindicators so much better, more dmg output with protective, greater ranged and def counters with throw axe. Blind also combos well with lancers.

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Your BG looks solid. KF has the blessing of having many use-able champs. In no way is your BG bad. You have answers to all the regular issues and some tanky champs for the early game which is important. in todays Pox Nora.

I run Arrowsingers @ 76N with Burn/Retreat1 In an Archer BG, I run Heartstrike.

Both units are solid melee champs. It comes down to your preference.

13. Poxbrothers

Alright, awesome.

Thanks for the reply!

14. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Out: T-fairy/Rascal Fairy/x1 Snare Fairy/Stellar Horizon/Wisp
    In: Aurora Lancer/Bloomwalker x2/Carnivorous Vines/Crown Of Petals.

Reasoning.
    T-fairy is outdated and isnt worth the Hex ability in my experience. -- It'll be good to have another unit that can soak up DMG.
    The same can be said for Rascal Fairy, beyond initiative I don't see an active reason to include her. -- Bloomwalkers are solid, especially since they heal with their relics
    Snare Fairy is fairly good for some alt DMG, but I wouldnt go as far as including x2. --
    You have a bit to much nuking going on. -- situational control is a good include and you'll start to notice it's uses the more you use it.
    Wisp is pretty good unit, but you'll need that extra slot. -- Crown of Petals is an amazing neg equip especially for those pesky units with tough/immune X/ etc.

Try what I've suggested and edit as you see fit.

16. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I have only got 1x lancer atm :( would like to run another. Wasn't deploying trickster much so swapped out for a bloom, also 1x snare for bloom as you suggest.. What upgrades you run? I found i didnt deploy bloom much when i had them in.

I love rascal fairy, i find knockout really good.

Swapp n/w for carnivourous cause so much illuminate, and stellar heals my fae ;o

and took out wisp for crown of petals.

Thanks for the tips, will see how it goes :)

Karmavore likes this.
  17. Poxbrothers

Just wondering what your meta BG is after the changes?

18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll post a couple that I'm using atm.

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

My poxbase isnt letting me add the runes to the work bench for some bizarre reason

20. PoLLeN2

PoLLeN2 Well-Known Member

Watched you play a few games with the Vashal BG.....looked pretty efficient and smooth. There are a lot of champs in that deck that are super underrated....heck, I kinda always over looked the Vashal until I saw this deck and really took a look at them. Never realized they were "beast"....then never realized all the champs that are beasts in kf, wow!