BG rune limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EmperorSauron, Jun 5, 2015.

?

Should the limit be increased?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  1. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

With the ever increasing pool of runes available as each expansion hits, do you guys think its time to increase the BG limit a bit more? Nothing drastic like 40 runes per bg, but perhaps a small change like 2 or 3 additional spaces. Personally I think its about time, as it'll also allow a greater variety of runes in a bg as well as bring more runes out of the shoebox to see play

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

2 or 3 sounds like an incredibly awkward jump. If you want something that small, take Warbanners out (of your BG if you want interesting runes, out of the game if you want those interesting runes to be a competitive option). I don't see the need for a change right now.

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I personally think 30 runes cover well the strategic approach we need right now - as in the balance between "offensive"(runes with the purpose of improving your game against the enemy) and counter runes. A good example is Tiny's Mogas, he managed to make his bg have a fast deployment rate, but he still includes Cyclops Shaman to counter nora gen, even if it's mostly meant to sit on the back doing nothing but providing backlash.

My point is, this balance still exists, maybe not to the extent some of us would like, but I still feel 30 runes provide a good range of possibilities in a game. More than that would make it too easy in my opinion.

4. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

I'm the one (as now) whom voted yes: I think is time for 35/40 runes per bg: more space for more champs, different playstyle, more combo and especially more card game style (because we are far far away from a pure strategy game like warhammer) where the randomness of the card allows you different playstyles.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's time for different formats that allow 20 and 40 BGs. It's time for up to rare tournaments, circus commons tournaments, and the like.

6. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Dividing the community with different formats would be a bad idea at the moment considering there barely is a community.

7. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

what abiut 40 runes and no CD on the runes used? This mean a total rework for Fw bonus but also open space to a lot of other stuff (such as graveyard mechanics super common in a lot of card games) it will make also the game faster in a certain sense .

8. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

That would make the game very interesting, although it would probably constitute the removal of shrines as a mechanic. The problem though is it would require quite the amount of drastic changes i feel the game isnt ready to handle yet.

9. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I don't recall being able to play a game with my first deck I was creating until I actually had 30 runes in it. So if you increase the number of runes without being able to play with an incomplete deck, you make it longer for a new player to be able actually play with their own deck. It's long enough as it is.

You could increase it by one simply by automatically adding the faction war-banner to every deck for play.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'd love to have a 5 card side board but fear it would just be used on Hunter runes.

Pixyrus likes this.
  11. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

That sounds awesome, I approve!

5 runes you can add on the side and can exchange them into your main deck during your turn.