BGs to do skirmishes should not be full circus.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Nov 20, 2016.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

For those of us that use 2x tinkerer, 2x ethereal pool, 2x barricade, 2x obelisk as our skirmish and daily BGs, I have come to the conclusion that the more 'FF' your deck is the better your rewards (c/uc/r/exo/leg) will be. Not sure if this is common knowledge since generally people say to use the combo + "whatever". The "whatever" should be 22 runes of the faction you would like the most core set runes from.

Either that or I'm under a serious correlation does not imply causation mind trick.

2. GoldTiger

Phone won't let me edit but by more core set runes I mean proportionately more exos/legs at 22 IS runes than if you were running say 8 FF IS runes.

3. Garuda51

Garuda51 Well-Known Member

Although isn't it best to use a solitary garu BG with as many KF runes as possible?

I think KF had one more leg rune than other factions in core set (thorn collection) but I'm pretty newb, would like your advice on that

thanks

4. GoldTiger

Solitary Garu BGs are probably faster, but the pool BGs require less thinking. Up to you. I don't think it matters what faction really because if it rolls a legendary you're getting one anyways. That being said FS also has an extra and it's my faction of choice.

5. Garuda51

Oh ok thanks, maybe I'll try the pools when I have the runes then, seems fun

6. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

What's a pool bg?

7. GoldTiger

2x ethereal pool 2x dwarven tinkerer 2x barricade 2x obelisk of foresight.

8. Garuda51

But doesn't it take forever to kill the shrine? Like, even with both ethereal pools out from the start, which would give you a 6 damage ping per champion summoned, you would need the AI to summon 13 champs to kill a 75 hp shrine, 11 champs if you can summon two units with Raze. How much time does it usually take, and don't you lose some skirmishes because of small map? or am I missing something?

thanks

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There is no deck based criteria for rewards that I know of, other than those explicitly stated like the heroics, of course.

10. GoldTiger

Its all in my head then? Was waiting for this green reply. It just felt like it gave me better rewards when I used to not use a trick BG. When I went to one it felt like I wasn't getting as many, and then reverting back to a 22 FS rune one had me feeling like I got more again.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I mean, it's theoritically possible? But I've never heard of it (and that's the kind of thing that'd be extra work to implement for what amounts to very little gain, especially since it's not communicated to players).

SireofSuns likes this.
  12. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Ive never played ethereal pool but according to the description your shrine also loses 3 hp at the end of your turns for each scornful champ, so if that's true it happens a lot faster

13. Garuda51

Right, I didn't pay attention when reading the card t_t indeed it's much faster than I thought. thanks

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016