Big Vengeful -- Another Deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Oct 16, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

big man serkan.png

Does pretty much what it says on the tin. This is a paired-down version of a FW Devourer-Benefit deck, this time intent on using Serkan as a superchamp in the back lines and abusing the efficiency of Skeletal Berserker. I may write more about it later. If anyone has specific questions or suggestions, just post them. This is also a really good budget option; the most expensive pieces are a couple non-core exos, and a new-ish rare or two.

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Lol 44 average nora cost! I love how cheap this deck is, with the double Bones and Berserkers. You'd definitely be able to pull out a deploy every turn, and a double deploy every other turn I'd say. Even with Tome around, there's a lot of shrine damage in the deck; it might be more than even Tome can handle, since all your champs will be dying so much that there won't be as many to feed Tome's healing effect. I'd consider dropping an Ancient's Protection for Absorb Magic. Other than that I see this deck working as-is. It's very traditional FW, and I like that about it.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, the average cost is really freaking low. Running 5 units at 30-33 nora will do that. It hasn't actually had that many troubles with shrine damage, although it might be a problem in some matchups.

4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

What about adding two repurpose and two voidhowlers.You can trigger the voidhowlers with repurpose or essence devourer.Repurpose can help serkan,also headless zombie after death can be repurposed.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Doubt there would be adequate space to jam the full 2/2, but one Voidhowler with Repurpose sounds like some good kind of bull-crap. Particularly, you can blow up multiple GY skellies with the Voidhowl, or Broken Bones splits. Perhaps Throw Bones would be better to that end?

Edit: Er, right, forgot Voidhowl only triggered on opponents. Not sure about that, then. Seems too inconsistent? I haven't really played with the rune before.

6. Netherzen

Its like swarm,people run away from it and waste spells on it.If you can get two enemy champions in range to trigger its great,so it screws with your opponents positioning.
    As soon as i get a Serkan i am gonna run this bg with voidhowlers module.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I would drop an Ancient's Protection for setback. especially if your are trying to out last your opponent.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why would you recommend Setback for outlasting your opponent? (Really, for anything, but especially for that)

9. OriginalG1

your opponent has 5-10 runes on cool down, then you hit them with setback :X

it is a good spell but i am not good.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It can conceal runes that are on CD, thus resetting their CD.

11. OriginalG1

some on told me it dose not do that any more. the spell dose state deployed runes, not 15 random runes.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Undeployed, meaning, ones currently not on the field. I may do some testing to see if it specifically avoids CD spells. Might useful if so.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Nice deck, haven't tested in pvp yet but seems fun.

What do you think about adding an anthropomancer or a Lich magistrate in case you need an extra lich for Vendetta if Serkan gets wiped out? (I don't have genesis L but I would consider that as well)

Also, since there will be a bunch of nora globes laying around, what about Despoil or Soul Collector?

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've thought about Anthropomancer, but haven't tried it in this version (although I did use Anthro/ED/Yard a long while back, search "Iron Triangle"). Here though I'm a bit more concerned about including that -- the central engine of Devourer (value) and Vengeful (muscle) already does plenty, and throwing in extra pieces might just burden the deck with too much overhead.

15. Netherzen

Have you thought about splitting with UD for soul siphon module?

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nope, haven't thought about it yet. Losing out on champ CDs doesn't sound appealing, and FW supplies enough good runes as-is. Messing with UD would be an experiment for much further down the line.

17. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I really love this deck. :)

I have a few questions though, if you don't mind:

1) How do you run Serkan? Is Frost Cone worth it (given that he'll have high damage), or is it better to keep him cheap?

2) Why the Culler?

3) Would it be worth running Ravenwraith for another Vengeful unit?

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Frost Cone might be really strong. I have no idea. Haven't used it, but will try it out.

She, when equipped with Vendetta, meets the three requirements for a big unit: self healing, uncapped damage increases, and improved durability. I'm not running her in the most recent version of the deck, but she's still totally viable.

Yes. I'm trying her out right now as a 1x, in place of the Culler. It's even viable to run all three, although I think more than that could be wasteful.

19. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Interesting. Thanks for replying.

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

1) I run my serkan with frost cone in a similar BG. It seems by far worth taking the 6 nora increase for such a high damage AOE attack.

2) Pretty much what kal said he/she is a ridiculously good unit.

3) I run 2 ravenwraiths serkan and 2 cullers who normally get my vendettas. the ravens are my second unit of choice (behind serkan) to focus on for a super champ.