Big Vengeful -- Another Deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Oct 16, 2015.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

have you reached a conclusion on this test?

2. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Since AOD's also work with champs dying, is there any place to fit him in a vengeful deck? If not, can you guys give me an example on an bg build around AOD?

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just got a Serkan to 72 damage 200 hp :')

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This deck is like all the BS grind of FW, but you get to distract everyone with a shiny super-champ at the end. Perfect.

5. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

I think someone asked before and there was even someone using it, but once again, can Aspect of Death be included is this kind of BG? I think of using it as a "spell Rune", taking a slot for spells. Would really appreciate some discussion =D

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes, Aspect of Death can go into a Vengeful BG. It provides some benefits, and comes at some costs. I will list what I think the costs and benefits are:

Benefits
    • Provides Dread, which can severely slow down some types of opponents.
    • Provides Soulstrike, which can solve some opposing defensive problems.
    • Chiefly provides Death Knell, which can put a clock on opposing units and also kill big problems guys.
    Costs
    • Does not directly fit into the Vengeful/Death cycle, only takes advantage of it.
    • Low durability, 80+ nora.
    • Its benefits can mostly come from other sources, such as Soulreave, passive threat, or more meat.

I do not include it in any of my versions. It is worth a try, if you already have it. I think Anthropomancer does much of what Aspect does, only cheaper.

7. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Has anything changed in your Vengeful build with the changes/new runes from the latest patch?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes, a couple minor things. I will update it within the week, I think, as soon as a couple other projects are done.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Tinkering around with another version of the deck that runs 2x Ravenwraith and 2x Mobi. It seems aight. Will post updates later. Anyone else had specific successes or standout runes?

10. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Ya I'm loving skelly excavator X2. Secret op

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Agreed. Still unsure on exact build, or might even stick with 1/1 right now, but running one with Blockade/Charge for the cheapest, most mobile option to mainly blow up relics, and then running the other with Aura/Block to cause the most havoc. Are you going 2x into the Aura/Block setup?

12. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

I have to agree that Excavators are probably worth 2 slots. put Cloak of Skulls on one with a Bonewing with Defender and Dread nearby and it can take a helleva beating all while producing Bonemaulers. Follow that with a Sacrificial Altar combo next turn.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Here is the current version:

upload_2015-12-2_10-42-21.png

It still needs some work, but there are a couple pieces in here that have been working well.

2x Mobi -- Back-to-back Mobilizations can just snap some opposing lineups. With the value of AP on all of the core units -- Devourer, Wraith, Serkan -- this spell never feels like a bad play. It drives up the average rune cost (along with the Wraiths) but it's definitely worth it.

2x Ravenwraith -- I'm starting to think about Wraith more as a shock-troop than a full Vengeful unit, and that has been working well. High SPD, easy access to damage, self-healing, and built-in durability make her consistent and solid. Unfortunately, the current environment features a lot of indirect damage, which allows decks to bypass the defense provided by Vaporize.

2x Excavator -- Seism is great. Aside from that, he's a fast dude with some occassional utility. Punishing Aura can be a wonderful ability, but it's also expensive as hell. Really though, these guys are here to use Seism, and then run through the enemy lines doing jazz hands until they die.

14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Liked for "Really though, these guys are here to use Seism, and then run through the enemy lines doing jazz hands until they die."

15. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

I dont realy like it but after i saw it on action, it seems realy good :).

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

upload_2016-1-31_11-2-16.png

@Agirgis1 wanted to see a new version; this is a rough update. I'm still unsure on the specifics, but this would be my starting point if I was going to get into tinkering with the deck again.

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Meanwhile. what is the incentive for them to attack it? offensively its close to a non factor

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Excavator is sticking at one in anything I build at this point. If he was cheaper (i.e. if he wasn't bagged with 7 SPD) -- yeah, 2x would be great. As it is, no.