Binding Chains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Apr 11, 2015.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Was curious if anyone thought that Binding Chains mechanic or the ability itself was out of line.

I've thought the ability cooling down by 1 per attack received was a pretty interesting mechanic.

I was playing with Nefari Griefsinger today and albeit it probably wouldn't do much good for her the thought just came to my head " It would be cool if Wail of Grief cooled down when she got attacked like Binding Chains"

I brainstormed of other abilities that may be cool to have that same interaction. However nothing really came to mind in my brief consideration.

Are there any other abilities any of you think would be interesting or improved by receiving the "Binding Chains" treatment?

Should Binding Chains of never got that mechanic to begin with?

Is it find when just one ability works this way but other abilities similar would be too much?

Thoughts on the mechanic and opening it up to other existing or future abilities?

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I like it on tanks. I like the interaction of hits/cd lower. I think it's in a good spot. Mostly this reads like "hey this rune is OP but if it's not can you make my rune like this rune? ".

No, I do not think being hit/reduce cd should go out to other abilities en masse, but if it's a tank type ability then I'd not be against it from a design standpoint. From an efficiency perspective I do not like adjusting old abilities outside of simplistic values such as cost(nora and ap), dmg and CD.

Runegod likes this.
  3. NiGhtMaRiK

If it reads like that, im sorry thats what you got from it.
    To clarify, thats not my intent.

I use Binding Chains, its one of my favorite abilities.
    When i use FS, which is rare, i always put Enforcer in because i love that ability.
    If i played Minos more, id use Gladiator in every deck.
    Someone else has it too if im not mistaken.

Its just that Binding Chains isn't on alot of people. Id love to see it more.
    I DO NOT THINK ITS OP!

The reason i ask what others think is because my core interest is the mechanic being on other runes.
    I think that would be cool and enjoyable.
    I anticipated people having negative things to say about Binding Chains in argument as for why the mechanic shouldn't be propogated.
    I think that some people may not like it at all. So ofcourse they wouldn't want to see it on other abilities. So im asking why they dont like it or their thoughts on its power.

I haven't used Griefsinger in forever lol.
    I liked her when she came out, i thought the Wail of Grief was neat and she had a decent concept.
    However, she's pretty much sucked her entire existence.
    The new deck i was messin with i thought she was worth giving a shot since she wont make or break it.
    While playing her i thought that Wail of Grief could work like Binding Chains. Just because i think it would help the ability and it would be neat.
    I think that Wail of Grief should be on more units aswell. As you mentioned, preferably Tank units.

So ultimately, curious if other abilities could benefit aswell and what considerations people had.
    I honestly don't have one in mind. Rugolths Fist is a thought but its on a equip and not a champ.
    These are also AoE's im thinking of because my thoughts are tangential from Binding Chains.
    Im sure there are other abilities that could be interesting or benefit from the mechanic that aren't similar in execution.

4. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Baskit are you in any way trying to suggest that Nefari Griefsinger is op? Unless I read that wrong.

5. NiGhtMaRiK

@mortal ix no, i believe he was saying that he thought my post was saying " hey,Binding Chains is OP but if its not can Wail of Grief be like this ability?"

Which wasn't my intent.

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Anyone else ever see binding chains hitting champs 4 squares away? I saw it once in a skirmish, but didn't report because I was lazy and/or tired.

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Glorious Leap has the same -cd on hit mechanism iirc. Also, Ancient Corruption, Mino Battlemage's signature ability and the now extinct blinding roll. They were all released in the same expac I think and I agree that it's a pretty cool mechanic.

8. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Actually Battlemage and Corruption are the opposite.

9. NiGhtMaRiK

I forgot about Glorious Leap. I also never paid attention to Empower or Ancient Corruption. Lol.

@Sirius Would you like to see more abilities like these, or do you think that these are enough already?

10. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Empower and ANcient Corruption lose duration not cooldown.

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Maybe a Charge/Swoop like ability with -cd on hit, but otherwise I'm fine with the ones we already have. I just wish the chanpions themselves were better. I am specifically thinking about Northern Cross Fanatic here.