bitcoins vs altcoins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jul 5, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'm thinking of investing in altcoins. What's the chance of BTC becoming more miner friendly / decentralized through a hard fork, or several soft forks over time.

Sorry if I sound stupid. I am.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's ok.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

4. DiCEM0nEY

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I was meerly suggesting a odd investment opportunity that seems less risky than some digital currencys. Limited Edition lego sets have been increasing in value at a rate of roughly 12 percent per year. You have very little risk in value dropping off becuse lego doesnt re-release sets. Your risk is going to be possible damage to boxes or fire but if you can avoid burning your house down you can make a fair bit of money in the long run.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    SPiEkY and Geressen like this.
  6. DiCEM0nEY

Lol that's pretty funny

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Where will you be at the end of 5, 10 , 20 years? Those are the questions I'd recommend asking yourself. Solid long term investments have proven themselves over get-rich-quick investing since investing has started. Dollar Cost Average investing is the way to go.... just doesn't get simpler.

Geressen likes this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

crypto is the future. after the next economic collapse, no1 is going to value USD, or any fiat issued currency.

the questions I dont really understand are the coding behind each crypto, as well as btc's future with the upcoming soft forks / hard fork

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't know man,
    sounds like DICEy money to me.
    *rimshot*

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Geressen likes this.
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This is complete nonsense. It used to break my heart watching otherwise decent human beings be completely fooled into dumping money into the Iraqi Dinar no matter how much I told them it was a scam. I came to understand that some people simply do not have enough of a grasp on reality and will get ate up by whatever scamgator happens by.

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  12. DiCEM0nEY

The two aren't comparable. One is issued by a central bank, the other is decentralized. Which is actually an issue I am trying to understand, since I feel bit coin is becoming pseudo centralized due to the proof of work algorithm. I want to know if the crypto will be able to sort this problem out through future updates, or would it probably take an alt coin to achieve?

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'll give you a blip coin for 150 euro +postage
    that's a good deal.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Hypothetically what happens to cryptocurrencies after quantum computing? Eventually security would catch up but for a short while cryptocurrency would strike me as very insecure.

15. DiCEM0nEY

Quantum computing will never happen. It is so hypothetical sounding, it is like trying to prove/disprove the existence of God by using numbers.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

riiiiight.
    so how far are we with you buying my blip coin?

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

upload_2017-7-7_19-46-26.png

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

Out of curiosity, do you see value in crypto?

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Not every thread in off topic needs to be related to politics.

Geressen likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

hear hear.