Blitz abuse

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by R334P3R, Jan 19, 2016.

1. R334P3R

R334P3R I need me some PIE!

They murdered my Centaur Skirmisher deck by removing blitz. I don't see why they would do this, I rarely beat the same opponent with it twice. But I sure had alot of fun with it, no one really seemed to have a problem with it, but yet again they murdered another of my decks just because it was a combo deck. I play pox for the combos, and they keep killing them. You should let people play the types of decks they want to play, be it combo, attrition, shrine rush, super champ, or just a normal tempo champion skirmish game.
    --------------
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CqbChlCpCf=C9k$jJCxUCvNSwSns2gS6gR47E3LE2y Kf/Fw
    My latest version. I have been neglecting it lately in favor of the shrine kill version, and am still smoothing out the details. As always input is welcome.

This one of course has the usual slip/blitz combo but now it has enervating coller/dark rising which can be even meaner then slip and doesent come with skirmisher. Lichling provides scry and inititive goes well with enervating as well. Invigorate/rituals on cleric+Mobilization also work really well with blitz units. You can also combine timeslip with enervating to one shot multiple champs.

Did some testing, it is stupid strong, but really hard to play, the short turns make managing moving all the summoned units rather difficult.

----
    One turn shrine kill version
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CqbCpCpVCf=$jJCinCvNs9SwS3gSnS4bS2gr2Yr47E3L

After seeing Leiaishers sl/kf deck that used rally/quicken with centaur I decided to try out my version of it with fw, since my normal one already had the potential to do it, I figured I would try one that focused on the shrine kill. I have done a little testing, its really insane but I am usually down to the very last second when I pull it off, any lag, or mistakes ruins it.

But here is how it goes. Get some scrying units out to get the combo in hand, start storing nora and deploy centaur at some point just leaving her at your base. Then Dark Rising+Enervating+2x Rally the Heard a cost of 170 nora plus having Centaur starting at 12 speed at start of turn. If you have even one of your scrying units alive at this point thats all you need for game. Run centaur up stealing the ap from your living unit, then cast dark rising once centaur is close feed all the ap to it, cast rally, atk once, cast second rally atk again bam thats game. If you have no units left on the field, or if they have not scryed at least once then a second dark rising, slip stream, or moblize gets you there. Since centaur is left in base she has mobility when she runs out so she cant be stopped, and if you cast a swiftwind it will prevent any counters your opponent has. You can use a second dark rising, and or mobilize/slipstream to do it without the rally but the turn timer just may not allow you to have the time to move the summons a second time, so untill i get crazy good at it, I just always go for the double rally.
    ----
    Kf/UD
    Stealth Version
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CqbCpVcv@Cf=Cz-C9kCfXC33CvFCtGsys4@S5WS1dsOsDs62S6g

Old Version
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CqbChlcv@Cf=C9kC33CvFCuPCtGS7as2qsys4@S5WS1dsOsDS6g
    The decks idea is to heavily abuse time slip with either flame surge or blitz. Its also pretty good to toss on a Ireguard. I deploy and slip the blitz guys, with surge since it starts with cd, i use them to contest fonts, I get them nice and close the turn before surge then usually cast both protection and slip to make sure they dont get one rounded before they actually Nsurge. Its a very easy deck to screw up with if your not careful, I have wasted a sliped flame surge more then once with bad positioning or being to reckless, but on the otherside of that coin one guy clumped up a bunch of units and I one rounded 5 champions with it.

Fae oracle gets me the combo as well as gets pretty strong from lots of casting, Sprite is for favor because again lots of casting. Librarian and the singles cover all the important utility roles.

I have been thinking about trying to fit greater pitspawn instead of ireguard or cushion, but I am awfully fond of arrow eater. Thoughts and Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Kendoshi likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

May want to get a Fae Dreamer in there for shielded on your new champs. I know personally when an opponent casts Time Slip I just cast Sapping Beam, Suppress, Speed Trap or some other form of CC. Dreamer solves that issue for all but Speed Trap.

3. R334P3R

Supress can be fixed with emerald, the kf side is a bit tight, but I could probably drop a pincusion or goblin for dark pact. I do suppose dreamer kind of gives favor as well so she may be better then sprite.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Unless something has been changed you cant cleanse Pacify.

5. R334P3R

But you can cleanse distract so surge works I think. My blitz guys are usualy outside range of spell pressence when I slip.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yeah surge would likely still work. Not sure if it counts as a combat ability or not but I suspect it doesnt.

7. R334P3R

While I have not tested, considering surge pacifys them, I am pretty sure it doesent.

I have also thought about trying out either is/sl for dragon engine and other trample units combined with kf mobility on shrine, is has a sonic surge to. Surge does alot more damage, but the 3 turn cooldown is a little awkward, and I prefer ud. But it's on the list to check out. There are a couple minotaurs that have it as well, but I think surge is better in ud.

8. R334P3R

Maybe I have just been unlucky and playing bad, but I am quickly geting very discouraged, just seems impossible to set up flame surge slip against all but the newest of players, they almost always get one rounded if I am aggressive with them, and if I am not agressive, smart players just pull there units back and let me have font for a turn, not to mention cc issues. Still very strong with blitz but might as well just be ff kf or split with is at that point, well I kind of wanted to try it with dragon engine anyways.

Probably going to stop playing this version which makes me sad, looking for encouragement that it was just a bad night if there is any to be offered.

I have basically 0 experience with ironfist, and could really use some help on that side of it. I added its blitz units, and just some good stuff. I also don't own any ironfist stuff so I would love some input before investing.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CqbCgpciKcv@Cf=C9kC1BCxUC1ZSlS5WS1dSPS6gRiE2y

Tempted to try and run mechanized band with sonic surge since righteous shield could actually make it work, but I was throughly frusterated with flame surge.

also ff kf: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/time-slip-abuse.21280/

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Time slip gives your opponent a warning, you may want to add some surprise to the bg to make it work, I'm thinking of transfusion, maybe a SL/UD fire focused bg.

10. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

any good uses of time slip with stealthed guys? i mean surprise hit is kinda cool

11. R334P3R

Well slip is alot better with blits, but yea transfusion would be really great with flame surge, I am sad I did not come up with it :(. I have made a few changes to the deck, but it needs baneshift which IS STILL banned, so trying the ff version at the moment. Not sure if I just need practice with it, or if its just not as good as I thought.

As for stealth eh kind of works with forest lerper, but if you slip a blitz unit its going to run off and murder something no matter where it is :p, stealth is neat but nothing special for the deck.

12. gamengamenut

i mean it helps in countering the one shotting and potential stuns and what not watching the timeslip

13. R334P3R

The surge guys are the only ones that get oneshotted, and there are not really stealth options on them, but I could add some cloak units as a way to protect them, that is not a bad idea at all. Rather then trying to throw all those protective buffs on, stealth would probably do the job better. Thanks.

14. gamengamenut

haha no problem :), i got the idea from using brand of brutality on my pantier headhunters so that the double melee damage to them is hard to pull off while i use assassinate(2) for 6X damage

still love stealth

15. R334P3R

Besides cloak units which I am not very fond of, any other stealth sources I could use that you know of?

This is what I have so far nightfall on spider is even better then cloak, and it also has cloak. Dusk druid gives me a scry source so hes a pretty good deal.
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CqbCpVcv@Cf=Cz-C9kCfXC33CvFCtGs2qsys4@S5WS1dsOsDS6g

Looks like there is hope for the deck yet!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  16. gamengamenut

hmm, if you're willing to burn a slot, smoke cloud is a good rune i use for good shadowspawn so even guys like ireguard can be stealth slipped into mashing unsuspecting faces with 4 hits outta nowhere.

nightfall and dusk druid are excellent choices :)

17. R334P3R

Smokecloud is perfect, I will find room for it.

18. gamengamenut

hahaha! Let me know how it goes!

19. R334P3R

Bump for the new decks.

20. jeuce

jeuce New Member

works pretty well, surprisingly reliable ;)