Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PoxBot, Mar 13, 2018.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i'm mostly on 1v1 abstract game, like Quarto, Barragoon, Santorini, and similar stuff. I do not appreciate much the german big management games, too much single player, not enought interaction.
    I also make games , and one of them will be probably published in june ;) i might then go kicstarter with another abstract game i've invested a lot into.

soulmilk likes this.
  2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

been getting my war gaming fix from war hammer 40k lately.

past the dark souls the board game was pretty good as was darkest dungeon.

tough to find opponents for strategy games for me =/

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Try Hexplore It

PoxBot and MaruXV like this.
  4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

anyone else looking forward to Axis & Allies & Zombies?

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yesterday i bought Onitama, TheDuke, and Sekigahara... going to try sekigahara in a couple weeks, should be heavy but nice.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

great game, short chess always fresh thanks to cards. I reccomend it for sure. If you like that kind of stuff, try also Santorini, great 1v1 asbtract, with an elegant dress.

actually i'm working on a couple of 1v1 abstracts myself

20180331_223333.jpg

20180401_234426.jpg

Fentum likes this.
  7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Played some Board Games with my siblings and their boyfriend/girlfriend yesterday.
    We played Munchkins. It was a lot of fun, though my little sister and the girlfriend of my little brother didn't like it. (It was also my first time playing it)
    Then we played Black Stories 2. Very interesting, but the fun depended a lot on the cards. Some very great and others too confusing. (Also my first time playing)
    Then we played a game I brought, Splendor. Everyone loved it. My little brother won. My little sister couldn't play since she had to put her 3 year old to sleep.
    My little sister then brought Skip-Bo. It had a so-so reaction. Everyone wanted to go back to playing Splendor again. (My first time playing this too.)
    Then we played a long game of Splendor with 5 players going to 20 victory points. My little sister won.

I am trying to find games that my little sister and the girlfriend of my little brother will like.
    If a game became too confusing or too boring, they would just sit on their phones. (Happened during Munchkins and Skip-Bo.)
    When playing Splendor, everyone was concentrating hard on what to do, so it was quite silent. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet.

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

sure it was a good thing ^_^ splendor is a nice game. Munchkin is funny the first 1.2 times, but you can fully enjoy it only with a d&d adolescence background, otherwise it isnt a great game, gameplaywise.

make them play Dixit, Azul, Potions Explosions. I think they will love those.

soulmilk likes this.
  9. soulmilk

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check those out.
    My little brother and his girlfriend have already played Dixit, they liked it. The problem is that I seem to need to buy expansions now, as we have seen the same cards over and over again a few too many times.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i do not appreciate 7wonders that much... to much single player action, less interaction

11. soulmilk

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check those games out.

12. soulmilk

Pic from the Board game night yesterday.
    29995952_10216430359500881_65615019_o.jpg
    From left to right:
    My little sister, her boyfriend, my little brother's girlfriend and then my little brother.

13. Fentum

Looks as though you would enjoy a game of CODENAMES

soulmilk likes this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

15. Fentum

Cosmic Encounter is tremendous. Needs 4+ players and ideally a few sessions.

16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

btw guys, i'm opening my game publisher company next month and i'll bring a couple of games to Essen SPIEL in oktober. if somebody passes by come to my stand to chat about pox ;)

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Awesome, man!

MaruXV likes this.
  18. Fentum

More in that you need several players to get the cool interactions of the various alien abilities. Also it can take a game or two to parse what they abilities actually do in practice and how to get the best out of them, hence a few sessions.

19. Fentum

@PoxBot Have you tried Gloomhaven or Mage Wars yet?

Gloomhaven = streamlined and elegant tactical dungeon fight
    Mage Wars = Pox Nora as a board game (90% true and most similar out there right now)

20. soulmilk

I am highly interested in getting to know more about this.

MaruXV likes this.