Bodyguard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elves Rule, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

This skill is firking annoying. 2 of the champs it's on are insane (death guard and nefari guardian) and it's pretty insane on some other stuff too.

I suggest something simple: reduce the range to 4, make it harder to deploy --> insta bodyguard and make it so the you can hit them both with an aoe 2 ability or spell guaranteed.

Pattn199 likes this.
  2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I was thinking that the guarded unit would have to be in a 180°arc in front of the defending character to where the damage is comming . would make more sence then being able to guard a unit from BEHIND the unit.

3. Elves Rule

Apart from that being really inconceivable in a turn based strategy game with a board as a base, is it even possible to dictate where your units face? I've noticed if the give a buff like motivate they turn to face newly spawned champs.

4. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I do not think BG itself needs to be nerfed. Rather, the DG needs to be nerfed (and the NG has already, so lets see how that plays out). I say this as I do not think BG is an issue on other runes (like Fae Guard Nullbeast, etc.).

IMAGIRL, Sirius, Ralphen and 2 others like this.
  5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Not sure. Proboly not.but guarding from so far behind makes no sence.

6. Elves Rule

I guess, but it would just be much nicer to play against if it was range 4.

7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I think this is all heading toward Bodyguard just reducing the damage taken by bodyguarded champ not preventing all of it. Bodyguard is so good that if the champ that has it is even remotely playable it becomes OP. And Nef Guardian was above playable... let's just say before patch my newly buffed Obsidian Venger met a Nef. Guardian at a side font... yolo ensues 1v1 me at baron...Nef. Guardian won.

8. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I do not think that is true at all. As said, Fae Guard Nullbeast is not considered OP. Neither is Dwarven Defender. Neither is the Suaropod in SP. Neither is the crystal guardian in ST. In fact, out of the 9 champions who have BG, only 2 are (as far as I know) currently considered OP.

These are Nefari Guardian, because he can make use of his resistance, and Death Guard, because for whatever stupid reason he is 29 nora.

TheBulwark, Sirius and BurnPyro like this.
  9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- You have to look at the champions that have bodyguard. Then remove bodyguard and ask yourself if you would ever consider running them if they didn't have bodyguard, now that's not perfect but the reason NG and DG are op is because of diff reasons but both due to complete "streamline" catering to bodyguard imo

15Deadmen likes this.
  10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

How about Bodyguard starts at CD 1. Deploy/guard is a really silly thing.

11. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Bodyguard is good on any champion that have it. The fact that nefari and death guard are seen often is partially due to the lack of other reliable form of spot healing/protection in ud and fw.

Temple+vinny is just as insane as nefari+grimlic... but vinny is just a tank on its own.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

AP cost to 1. Go from there.

super71 and Sirius like this.
  13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

bodygaurd can be fixed by removing resistance physical and giving tough 1 and +1 def to nef guardian

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If a champion had to be adjacent to the target to activate bodyguard, but then could continue bodyguarding as long as it was in 6 spaces, would that be too much of a nerf?

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

yes it would but it be better than reducing range

16. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

This kills the Death Guard.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

How so? The thing costs 29 nora and still can guard for a few rounds. Did I mention it only costs 29 nora. Pretty sure it would still see play especially in death benefit. You could also change the knockback upgrade like for initiative or whatever to let Death Guard still work.

18. claydude5

You dont see how requiring 1 ap for a short lived 1 unit with 5 speed is a death knell?

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

its a 29 nora unit designed to die. Spending 29 (14 if you have a death harvester floating around) in a death benefit deck for 2 rounds (3 rounds if you use any of a plethora of AP gen methods in FW) of damage prevention rhat can be respawned 2 rounds later seems pretty viable to me.

20. claydude5

See but that is the thing. ALl these thing you mentioned cost nora. It isn't really 29 nora if you are talking having Death Harvester or using AP gen (which execution order and elsari Bazzar suck **** now)