Bok Racial

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Alakhami, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I do use them in my hipster bgs. That's why purefire is so Bane Shift though. UD doesn't have proper spot dispel OR spot cleanse. It's all just shittier stuff than other factions have. I'd be happy to not run either champs in my bgs cause the first is sandbagged with psychic eater and is too slow and defensive, while Shadowhunter's hunter:meek in most cases is utterly useless. You're offering me options that prove just how UD is held back by it's sandbagged and uneffectively costed units.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Demon Lich and Flowing Ember have Cleansing Flame.

Lesser Shadowrake/Shadowrake and Stitched Shaman have Dispelling Blows. I don't see how Purefire isn't "proper" spot Dispel.

3. Alakhami

Do you know not how to read? Read my previous posts instead of jumping to the last, nub. I explained those champions already to another person and you didn't see it? o_O

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I fail to see how Minotaur Stoker is exclusive to Minotaurs. I've seen him used in quite a few meta BGs.

5. Alakhami

Do you fail to see how he is not spot cleanse? Do you fail to see how he is not playable in UD themes? Do you fail to see in general?

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I wasn't talking about Spot Cleanse and yes that technically is spot cleanse within X spaces of a deployment zone. You said you didn't think Purefire was worth the Dispel so I listed numerous Dispel options.

Minotaur Stoker is most definitely playable in UD themes lol.

7. Alakhami

I'm not playing a unit that has no synergy and questionable cleanse in spiders, imps, demons etc.. Just like you don't pay for grintmaw bouncer in barbarians, even though he could increase the range of a few barbs.

Your listed dispel options that will only be solid when the runes aren't sandbagged with useless abillities. Even then, I consider Purefire a shitty reprecussion of the inadequate nerfs of UD because of the hate around it in 2014 if you remember.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If Bouncer had what I needed I'd use him in different BGs. For example in my IS/KF Archer BG I used Bouncer as a tank cuz Archers are ranged. In Grints I would use outside ranged units.

It seems like UD has an adequate amount of Dispel.

9. Alakhami

Numbers don't matter if they're not used efficiently.

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I don't seem to have a problem with Dispel options. I run x1 Purefire and a griefbearer with sever summons and Nexus Aura. Griefbearer is swissknife. He should be included in most UD bgs at least x1. He can deal with pesky summons, Dispel, tank with Nexus Aura, or even cleanse your champs. I am considering x2 actually. Psychic Eater is kinda sandbag but with all the psychic stuff lately it seems to help in some situations.

11. Alakhami

Doesn't help if u run boomerang.

12. Cinder405

Then don't run boomerang bro. Run other means of spells damage. Animosity is a great one. Loss of life to counter perseverance. Mindstorm is good too. Or don't run griefbearer.

13. Alakhami

but I want to run it, it's one of the best spells in UD. At least make griefbearer get a different sandbag instead of firking psychic eater.

14. Cinder405

Sometimes things have to come at price man. Griefbearer already is a Swiss army knife in itself. Imagine what the community would say if he got a passive ability that he highly benefited from more than what he benefits now.

And honestly idk if the griefbearer stops the damage chain. The spell STILL does damage EXCEPT the champion heals from it instead. Has this been tested? Maybe the spell is not WAI

15. Alakhami

He doesn't need to get an additional abillity. Nexus Aura should be properly costed, it's only 4 nora. You don't see the bigger picture. He won't be extremely gamebreaking without garbage psychic eater. I really don't understand why UD players are afraid to make their Bane Shift strong.

16. Cinder405

I'm not afraid of it. But its just fine how it is bro. Griefbearer having psychic Eater should be the least of our worries. I would rather look at different demons such as Elf Fire Dancer, the temptress etc.

17. Alakhami

I agree, it's not top priority. Nevertheless, it is an issue in my book.