Bone mine, kind of garbage ?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Jun 18, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

It's an interesting concept the idea of all the little bone spurs summoning. +2 hp to go out of my way to go grab one of the bone spurs is a waste of movement when pox is all about conserving ap.

My suggestion make the damage bonus last an extra turn or so to make it somewhat useful.

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

It can be adjusted in a lot of ways.
    1) More starting bone spurs?
    2) Bone spur production to each turn instead of the current 1 per round'

In either case the bone spur thing could be really interesting in the future and the effect is currently small enough to keep design space open for lots of production which may help with the conserving ap thing.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I really like it in my xulos/skele deck.

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I think it would be great for contesting fonts early but i just can't find a spot for it. Skeletons have so many good relics, I'm always trying to get Altar of Bones working.

IMAGIRL and OriginalG1 like this.
  5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

with bone slaves, i find the numerous skeles usually find their way across several spurs. Also, buffing up (+max hp) the already tanky frontliners (bone elemental and the bulwark sekele/bone trap guy) is also nice.

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

In long games, which a xulos game needs to be (plus FW racial), the relic becomes quite efficient.

Shorter games, not so much. Doesn't have a big immediate impact, other than a cheap contester

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

never tried it but i assume its a big pile of garbage

8. super71

Or maybe it gets changed to + 3 or 4 hp and no damage bonus ? It's such a unique relic for me and I really like it and would wanna see it be more viable. That's obviously just my opinion.

+3 or 4 hp

My other thought was for every 2 bone spurs picked up you gain a rank of damage shield physical ? Kinda like the skellys are picking the bones up and putting them on their armor or shields ? No damage bonus obviously and maybe +1 hp per bone spur ?

9. yobanchi

I wouldn't make it too complicated. I do like the idea of just having it be 3 dmg to non skeletons / 3 max hp for skeletons without any temp + dmg.

super71 likes this.
  10. potatonuts

I always thought it would better if it gave 1ap instead of damage. I like the idea of increased HP though.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. super71

I foresee a skelly champ with summon bone spurs/eat bone spurs.

12. super71

I really like the hp buff just because the majority of skellys have such little health.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

+3 it is (instead of damage buff)

super71 likes this.
  14. potatonuts

Hooray

Netherzen and super71 like this.
  15. themacca

Yay now i can not run a slighty better version of it

16. super71

Idk man picking up 3 bone spurs for 9 hp+banner and boost is a lot more meat for some cheap skellys.

17. themacca

would rather just run altar of bones and graveyard, not waste AP on it generate 1 nora every 2 turns (yes this is a thing that people neglect to mention) and gain a global 4 HP +1 damage

18. super71

In my first post I talk about wasting ap picking them up.

19. StTwisted

StTwisted Member

WAIT +3hp perm!? I have played against this thing several times but never tried it myself. So wait wait wait. When I deploy this, it drops 8 spurs for +3 each in an area of 5 for 25 nora? Hell I gotta get me some skellies

super71 likes this.
  20. yobanchi

8*3 = 24 hp for 25 nora. First glance this is about 1 nora over-cost since 24 hp would normally cost 23 nora (roughly). From a damage perspective though 24 dmg for 25 nora is pretty awesome. Of course there are some mitigating factors such as requiring ap to collect that hp which is not insignificant and it can effectively be avoided by enemies.

It will generate an extra 3hp/3dmg potentially every round but I'm unsure on how this works currently.
    I strongly suspect that this may not be generating properly... will have to test.
    I know that it will spawn in inaccessible terrain and I think it may be skipping generation by overlapping on existing spurs. My hope is that it looks for non-bone spur spaces, again will test soon.

super71 likes this.