Bone Mine Rework (Nerf)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Current
    Bone Mine
    Forsaken Wastes
    Cost: 30

[​IMG]
    This relic has Bone Mine (When this unit is deployed, 8 Bone Spurs are deployed within 5 spaces of this unit. At the end of its turns, an additional BoneSpur is created. Each space may only have one Bone Spur. When a champion with Race: Skeleton captures a Bone Spur, it gains +3 MAX HP permanently. All other champions take 3 Physical damage when capturing a Bone Spur) and Death Nova: Skeletons (When this unit is destroyed, 3 Grave Warriors are randomly summoned within 3 spaces).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW
    Bone Mine
    Forsaken Wastes
    Cost: 35

[​IMG]
    This relic has Bone Mine (When this unit is deployed, 8 Bone Spurs are deployed within 5 spaces of this unit. At the end of its turns, an additional Bone Spur is created. Each space may only have one Bone Spur. When a champion with Race: Skeleton captures a Bone Spur, it gains +3 MAX HP permanently. All other champions take 3 Physical damage when capturing a Bone Spur). (Death Nova Removed)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. Redderrick

Death Summoned Skeleton needs to be removed from the game.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why is that?

4. Redderrick

The stats generated will never be worth playing at the cost it should currently cost is the short answer.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

How do you think it relates to other rider abilities, like brainless or skeletal rider?

6. Redderrick

They have their drawbacks and aren't nearly is broken.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do you think the draw back of skeletal rider is its high cost, or do you have something else in mind?

8. Redderrick

His cost is directly related to his kit and has a specific role. So no, its not that black and white.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Would appreciate some elaboration -- not following your thinking yet, just want to know where you're coming from.

10. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

You want remove an ability and make it more expensive? That makes no sense.

bobobugreports likes this.
  11. Redderrick

The amount of hp it gives is way too under-costed in a skeleton bg

12. bobobugreports

bobobugreports New Member

You have got to be kidding me - how about the boneslave then? would you have him removed as well for having dn- skelly?

i see no problem with it aside from it being too weak imho - the skelly's it summons are weak - the bone spurs- once consumed just become noise in later rounds untill it sits on the field and gets completely ignored/avoided by other champs - at this point its almost a waste of nora to even summon the dam thing - unless you just want to keep 1 skelly ranger near it and keep grabbing hp ever few turns...

you are making it sound like its some broken op rune that has no drawbacks- which is simply not the case

13. Redderrick

Do you even play the game? Bone Mine is so unbelievably undercosted and dn skele shouldnt even have been introduced into the game, there is no skill behind it what so ever its literally just an endless font contester

14. bobobugreports

bobobugreports New Member

summons CANT contest fonts- you would know if you actually played the game...

15. Redderrick

Theres no reason not to contest the font again with the death spawns is the problem

16. Redderrick

By deploying more relics

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Delayed effects cost less than immediate effects. Delayed effects that trigger off losing board presence is worth even less.

Yes, Death Nova: Skeletons does generate positive nora value if you only value the nora cost at the time of trigger, but that's a mistake because early nora is worth much more than late nora. Most top level decks also have some way of dealing with these kinds of effects.

Also, chain deploying relics with skellies like this while lacking in board presence is a sure way to lose a game in the long run. It might annoy your opponent, but it is rarely efficient in the long run. It's typical of lower skill level play to spam relics in opposing fonts, but you have to consider the opportunity costs there. @kalasle has even written some stuff specifically on when to give up the middle font. Contesting is the first order strategy, but it is not always the best one.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Also, impactful runes that force your opponent to deal with them is what makes good design. If everything was bland/easy and "fair" in all situations it wouldn't be nearly as interesting of a game.