Boost Beast/Griffon/Flyers FF

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gaedel, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Boost Beast/Griffon/Flyers full faction seems better than pre-revamp:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cgpchic10C4Cgoc4ZCgdCgfCjgCgactfs5Xs4Bs1Ysls7Hs6Ms4-sPs7JrirYe1ye1v

Sarnghavian Herder looks good with Boost Beast 3 and Invigorate 2 for only 62 nora.
    Houndmaster also provides Boost Beast 3 with Drive and Summon Beast for 72 nora.

On to the beasts:
    Ivory Wings looks better post-revamp with Heal Champion 3 and Cleanse (or Soften) for 65 nora.
    Obsidian Wing would be the main tank with Grappling Hook, Tough 3 and Stun (or Hostile or Enrage).
    I also like Platinum Wings and Scarlet Wing for the main ranged units.

What do you guys think?

2. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Is having that many boosts necessary? I can hardly imagine needing 4 of them out.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I think that many boosts is fine. One spams out meat and AP, the other spams out AP and AP. They are both fine 2x in a beast deck.

As far as the line-up... Griffon rider 2x for Tailwind, if not then I'd just go with O wings, C wings, P wings and Scarlets as your main combat units. I still like EP and PoV better than the flying cleric.

Doombringer, if you have one, is really good with warcry 2 which would also be great with EP (haste).

Savage Wolf is really good as well.

I'd probably stay away from Pox Renovator, he's probablly only going to give you +20% on average and thats not worth his cost.

4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Pushing for the mounted barbarians to get race beast as its only fair compared to the Dwarf/Beast wings. So once that happens you will also have access to those runes.

5. Gaedel

Griffin Rider with Barrage 3 and Tailwind brings the nora cost up to 91. With Barrage 3 and Bastion of Mobility it brings it down to 83. Do you recommend going with two, one with B3 and BoM and the other with B3 and Tailwind, or both with Tailwind at 91 nora?

What do you think about Emerald Wing post-revamp?

The Displaced is now Mounted Kinsman with race: beast. Do you recommend him in this bg?

Ivory Wing: has Ivory Sigil. Is this not too important? Would be lost if we went to EP or PoV. I love EP's haste!

Savage Wolf has "Barbarian Bound", Houndmaster and Sarnghavian Herder are the only barbarians. The Griffins are all dwarves. Will this be an issue?

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

TBH, it's not the greatest tailwind champ because barrage makes me want to go attack things and tailwind makes me want to run around using my AP to grant AP.

So that would make me think about how I want to use the Griffon Rider, and if I choose Tailwind (a huge cost and makes you lose mobility) then I'd probably go with barrage2 just to keep it under 90.

I really hate spending more than 85 nora on a champ but 88 is acceptable given that it brings tailwind.

I think that Sigils are very resitricting to try and and get strategic use of them on champs other than themselves. I might gather around to give everyone fire attack because some damage-type hate has hit the board but mostly its just fluff.

I don't think Ivory Sigil is that great and I don't think that champ attacks very much. I think Divine Favor is the really only meta heal that IS has. I'm using EP at DF3 and Haste 83 nora. Thats a bit pricey but she really brings alot.

Savage Wolf with barbound is an issue, if you are running 2x hound/herder which will pretty much be deployed on reveal, I think this would be ok. But thats just me. There is risk there.

7. Gaedel

Griffon Rider: The difference between Barrage 1 and 2 is 6 nora where the difference between 2 and 3 is 3 nora. I think if I'm going for a Tailwind champ I would choose Barrage 1 for 82 nora where Barrage 2 and Tailwind is 88 nora. Or is there a reason you like Barrage 2 and Tailwind at 88 nora as opposed to the former? Run the second Griffon Rider with Barrage 3 and Bastion of Mobility for 83 nora. This way I'll have a tailwind option and an offensive option with mobility.

So here's my new bg:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Cgpc5PC10C4cw_c4ZCgdCgfCjgCgas5Xs4Bs1Ysls7Hs6Ms4-sPs7JrirYe1ye1v

I added Blacklabel Brew equip because most of the battle will be the dwarves. Should I remove something else and add a second Blacklabel Brew or is one enough?

Mounted Kinsman at 94 nora is too expensive for this bg, I think. I don't think it brings much to the party.

I replaced Emerald Wing (88 nora) with Ironfist Doombringer (95 nora) as 7 more nora for a Warcry champ should be worth it. I'm sure he'll have a big target on him too, so I'll need to keep him safe.

I'll stick with the Mountain Sentry as my detection/invisibility champ with Mark will help out in the field, as opposed to the Savage Wolf.