Boxes and exos and legendaries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jun 5, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Recently purchased 3 boxes i received 4 exotics out of 30 packs which is 300 runes. Out of my 4 exotics i got 2 phase spiders, magma elemental, and rupture alpha. Here lies the problem for 50.00 and 3 boxes i don't feel like i'm getting anything really valuable.

Not comparing the 2 other than card packs but in hearthstone i would have walked out with a few epics a few legendaries and lots of golden commons and uncommons for dust fodder. Pox doesn't give you enough bang for your buck, simple as that. On top of that in hearthstone i can pick which expansion i want to buy from which i think is what set's their system so far above pox's system.

Possible solutions could be every 5 packs you get an automatic exo and with every box an automatic legendary.
    Right now an elemental, 2 of the exact same exo somehow, and alpha aren't worth me spending the cash in pox. For like 15 dollars i could have bought all those exos from pox box.

What are everyone's thoughts on boxes and packs ? Are they worth their price or do you think something else needs to be added ? Should we also get a small amount of shards from each box or pack ? Would more guaranteed exos make them worth it? Thoughts and ideas on this would be nice.

Personally i think it's time we start narrowing down the expansions that way players have a higher chance of getting runes they actually want and need.

2. super71

Also a mass shard button, why this hasn't happened yet i have no idea should be a priority considering a thousand people have asked for one.

Sean5056 and Anima26 like this.
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

5 or 6 expansions per pack/box, and/or, select The faction you want the runes. Buy extended box, and win x4 of some runes (common or unconmon) is a pain, and evento worse when you got no LEG and only 1 EXO (yes, happened to me). Also, give x1 of each Rune from core set for conpleting The tutorial, makes them untradable, and unforgeable, this way, new players havê a way to start The game properly, I havê 4 friends that dont play The game, cause its difficult to start With a own BG.

Anima26 and super71 like this.
  4. super71

I agree with bits and pieces of this also. My topic isn't so much starting the game out but buying boxes and packs. Starting the game out is an entirely separate issue that also needs to be addressed. I also think core set should be given out for free as soon as you start probably x2 of each and untradable/ unforgeable. Good post thanks for the input.

Anima26 and Ifem21 like this.
  5. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I don't know if this is how it works but can you get exos and legendaries from hearthstone?
    I spent $200 and I have all legs, exo, rares, uncommon, common champs from UD. Missing some spells, relics and equips. The LE are too far expensive lol.

6. super71

In hearthstone you get epics and legendaries so pretty much exactly the same has exotics and legendaries in pox. Yeah i agree the les are a bit expensive but they should be, as they are essentially collectors items. Any thoughts on how the box system could be improved ?

7. Ifem21

Im not a starter, I play The game since it's release basically, always changing acc. I havê spent some money in The game (about 70, 80) and havê all FS and UD (except some LE) of them. For me, who allready have a lot of runes, is easy to get more (even some being a pain to get). The problemas I ser is for The new players, The ones that this game needs to keep itself, and The way it is now, is really much more acessible then before, but is still hard to start. The game itself is hard, With a lot of complexity, The last thing we need, is more "frustations" to The new ones.
    PS: sorry about bad english, not American.

8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Aren't Hearthstone cards untradeable?

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Revengercm

But can you forge them like here?

10. super71

Yes you can forge cards in hearthstone, hearthstone also gives golden commons and uncommons which forge for some very nice rates.

11. super71

Yes they are the point is hearthstone is cheaper and with each pack you get a lot more value. Were getting a bit off topic here though, would like to get back to how we can improve the boxes and packs of poxnora.

12. Revengercm

The thing is. It was way worst back then that if you make things way too cheap old fans will get mad for how much they have spent. I wouldn't have thought of spending any money before rune forge was created.

13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Hearthstone does not have a trading system. Which is dislike. Its nigh on impossible to obtain specific legendary cards unless youre lucky af or dump money in game and pray youre lucky af.

I understand that giving away the Core Set runes has its issues, but i do think it would be a huge help towards attracting new players and keeping them, one of the biggest problems with Poxnora is that it takes a significant amount of time invested before u actually assemble a good deck, unless youre helped out by a generous player or immediately spend money, most people wont spend money until theyre hooked. There are problems with it ofcourse, but it could be a good move. One of them being that Skirmish rewards would be kinda obselete, any runes u get will simply be trade fodder, although thats kind of what it already is, unless youre new. Its certainly something to consider i feel. Making them non tradeable/forgeable obviously.

Edit: Core Set is essentially free now anyway, so is there really anything to lose. Do people really buy core set packs for owl points?

super71, Dolcebrodude and Ifem21 like this.
  14. super71

I agree with everything said here, also nobody ever buys core set rune packs or the core set boxes haha. What do you think they could change with the packs and boxes to make them worth their price tag ? I think maybe an automatic like 300 shards per box and an automatic legendary might make it a little more worth it thoughts ?

15. Ifem21

A free Exo and a free LEG for boxes. I understand why they don't want to have Boxes with less expansions, it's bacause you win 100 runes. So what do you guys think:
    -Make Packs from 5 or 6 expansions each;
    -Boxes become with all the others (the way they are right now);
    -Boxes come with 100 shards (you will allready "destroy" some runes for forging);
    -Boxes como with one free EXO and one free LEG;
    -You win each of core runes x1 (the second they can win by playing) for completing the tutorial;
    -Increase or fix (if something is wrong) the chance of winning EXO, LEG from packs/boxes;

What your opinios @Moles @Sokolov @Gedden @Senshu ??

super71 likes this.
  16. Anima26

The new forge rates go along way to helping players obtain core set runes, especially low raritys. A good step.

super71 likes this.
  17. Ifem21

Yes, a good step, but it's still hard to get better runes for a newbie.

18. Anima26

New players just need to grind skirmish for awhile before going to pvp, im not sure if thats always a good thing though.

19. Ifem21

Exactly, most of the new ones don't want to spen that much of time vs AI, they are playing a online game, and want to play against people. Thats the real problem of packs/boxes, give sort runes between all faction and all expansions (exluding core) we have 1000+ runes, so it's a "bit" hard to get what you want, even if it's a common rune.

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

just some bad luck there!