Braaains

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Netherzen, May 18, 2016.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Anyone playing zombies?
    Share your bg.

zombies.JPG

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Get yourself some Rotwrappers son!

[​IMG]

As much as i love C.Guardians they are so clumsy and require too much micro so i finally dropped them to make room for the Rotwrappers. I am also not running 2x Elsarin Night anymore as the addition of two new ranged zombies and the falloff of range i even find one isn't necessary. Would love to get some C.Golems in there but i just can't find room.

I think you might be crazy if you aren't running Moga btw, in terms of value they might be the best unit in the game. I'd definitely move around some of your spells also, Maybe drop the second Elsarin Night for a second Desecration and remove Throw Bones and Snuff for some hard removal like Doom, I've had great results from Touch of Death too. I just don't see Throw Bones being useful with 2x Fleshweavers and i think Snuff sucks, when you consider that zombies biggest threat is stuff that won't die to attrition i think you are definitely short on removal there.

Netherzen and OriginalG1 like this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I would agree with this if not for zombie herder. Makes the fleshlights and afflicted super high value

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I don't know. If you're going full zombie herder then fleshblight, Afflicted, and Festering it up in my opinion.

Right now I'm actually not running the witch and opted against the lumbering zombs.

5. Netherzen

I wish i could.

I hate facing KF and range and speed which is why i run 2,it helps me deal with those things.

Those two are actualy good and underrated.
    Snuff provides a lot for 15 nora.Pariah helps against superchamps and buffing.
    Throw bones is decent,you can target summons or champs about to die,its like a mini version of sac/retri.
    But i can see your point,second desecration could be very useful.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  6. potatonuts

Right but having something which doesn't need herder to offset pressure early is pretty important to the theme. I think Mogas are particularly good at this as they can usually give much more expensive champions a run for their money in a 1v1 which is great for holding side fonts for a few turns.

That was the exact reason i used to run 2x but since the map changes and nerfs to OP ranged champs here and there i just don't find myself using it that often.

7. Netherzen

Anyone had any success with using: dark knight,moragen the lost,maidreth of rot?

They are all zombies but they get played very rarely.

8. yobanchi

Dark knight really doesn't have any zombie synergy other then being a zombie and maybe choosing the rabid upgrade. It doesn't have access to Zombie Apoc and gets diseased.

Moragen haven't really tried in awhile. There's very few zombies at 5spd (actually quite surprising) that could benefit from her one upgrade and she again doesn't have apoc or disease resistances.

Mairdreth is ok but I'm sad she lost her Black death/Aura combo.

9. potatonuts

Non-expendable units just don't fit into the playstyle for me. Dark Knight is ok but I hate that a lot of the time you are just giving away that first nora globe.

Mairdreth is my favorite champ but her abilities are a mess and Corpse Golem does the same job for 30 less nora.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  10. yobanchi

I actually wish more zombies had 5 spd so they could get into that sweet spot for cooldown.

Can you imagine the following champs at 5 spd?
    Abomination at 55
    BoneCrusher at 49
    Fleshblight at 49
    Infected zombie at 62
    Lost queen at 53 - 67

super71 and Netherzen like this.
  11. potatonuts

I'd be reluctant to put it on any Lumbering choices, Fleshblight is a pain as it is.

Bladed Corpse could be another candidate.

12. yobanchi

ah good catch...

Fleshblight would be a nightmare of meat tbh. plus with manic it kinda counter acts the lumbering.

Almost wish moragen had zombie hearder instead.

13. Netherzen

Bladed corpse is fine.He provides anti equipment and anti def.
    Shred def really saves me against IS and their def stacking.

14. potatonuts

Right!? She is just living in Fleshweaver's shadow.

15. potatonuts

Reducing his speed to 5 wouldn't prevent him from using Shatter or Shred def and he would be a little more affordable when deployed for a non-utility purpose.

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

People use spells and equips with zombies, ha. Spam those Bane Shift heads until your enemy surrenders or dcs.