Budget Moga?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by ptjimbo, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

Hey there fellow forum goers, I am in need of assistance. I want to try and make a budget moga bg that I can use to do ranked.

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    ptjimbo likes this.
  3. ptjimbo

Any help would be appreciated. xD
    Hmm, although I feel I should've said how much I have to work with on PoxBox.
    Currently have 112264 points on poxbox.

I already have a dirge, just nothing else. xD

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

ptjimbo likes this.
  5. ptjimbo

6. ptjimbo

7. GabrielQ

Both moga cannons.
    Moga hunters are also good to get, they would replace creepers

8. ptjimbo

Alrighty. I assume if I wanna boost this deck I would get stuff like moga razor and feshcaller mika?

9. GabrielQ

moga razors yes, mika is more goodstuff

10. ptjimbo

Awesome. Thanks for all the help.
    Time to farm gold and hope for razors and mika in packs lol.

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

My advice would be don't use Cavernkeeper in a Moga bg. He's pretty overcosted and not worth it without the Voil synergy. I personally don't really like Chefs either. I would definitely try Trappers if you haven't already. They've been among my favorite Moga for a long time. G'hern Thrower, even though he's been nerfed to hell, can still be a decent ranged stand-in for a budget deck. Plus you can do some fun stuff with throws + Razorbacks.

12. ptjimbo

I will try out whatever I can and see what works for me. Thanks for the input fellows.

13. ptjimbo

What about Moga Lord Gaurd? Would that be a good rune to run?

Actually, what would a good Moga deck look like without Mika or the Razor?

14. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I do have a deck that uses Moga Lord's Guard(s), but I don't think of it as a general Moga bg--it's more built around Dirge. It's fun, but not necessarily the most competitive deck. If you can't get them, I'd say don't worry about it.

Imo, Mika fits into a meta bg more than a Moga bg. I sometimes run her for fun because I like her, but she isn't really necessary. The Infest damage is nice to deal with some superchamps, though.

Razor is kinda like Moga Hunters in that he is nice to have and is extremely hp-efficient with his on-death spawn, but he too is somewhat more of a luxury.

For me, if I were starting all over again with no runes, I'd probably prioritize Dirge, G'hern General/Soothsayer, and Warbanner above anything else. I think that you could do pretty decently with just rares and lower, though, if you wanted to. People don't really think about him, but Overlord is still good, if a bit inefficient. He combos well with Trappers to give you some great burst/removal. Overlord + Isangoma + Thrower + 2 Razorbacks would make for a solid G'hern core, I think.

ptjimbo likes this.
  15. ptjimbo

Awesome. I've got the Soothsayer, general, isangoma, thrower, and the razorbacks. I managed to get the more expensive g'herns thanks to some friends, and I've also got dirge, so I suppose I've gotten pretty much everything that's been mentioned here.

Thank you guys. :)

16. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Don't forget that Thrower was heavily nerfed recently, by giving a cooldown to his relocation ability. I don't know if I would consider running him over other G'hern anymore.

Here is a bg I've put together, I didn't have time to play with it yet but I'm certainly going to give it a try soon:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cj6cy=cgqc4Fcp=cp7C2UC6kCpYC94C2OC3zS1ks1is6YS82R2ZrOe1fE1j

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  17. ptjimbo

Currently I am running this.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c4Icgqc4FCp=cp7c3xc2nCtXc4Pc6TCpzC3vC94C2Os5Qs1ks6_s6Ys59s82r2Yr1irOe1Q

I definitely could cut back on all the G'hern I've got in there.

-I like running the hooligans, traded out razors for them and I am enjoying the hooligan more so far.
    I like having the cannon in there, extra range and a way to kinda deal with things that have paralytic feedback.

-I like having one stealth unit in my bgs for stuff like font contesting or even knockout to lock down key champs, or contest longer if I can.

-Even with the nerfs to thrower I think I will still run him. I played some games where a lot of my big plays came from using his relocate ability.

-Moga aviators because they're fun, increasing the range of all my guys seems like a good ability to include in this bg. Maybe cut back one of them for something else, not sure what yet.

-I got the tyrant in there because I enjoy how beefy he is, and how much damage he actualy can cause. I would run him with his knockback to throw things off cliffs but that kinda calculations are above my current skill level. Plus he is a pretty tough champ, in my opinion. I am sure this would be one of the g'hern I remove, for another moga probably, if I need to.

-I have an overlord, but I do not run him. I do not run him at the moment because I feel I need the beef of tyrant and I can relocate allies with thrower, sort of. But having time to think on it I might throw him in there for one of the razorbacks.

Not sure if what I am running, and why, are any way legit for a semi-competitive moga bg. I'm just going off hints and suggestions, along with things I've done in recent games. But if I do change thins I was thinking about changing it the way I mentioned in here.

BG if changes go through:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c4Icgqc4...Pc6TCpzC3vC94C2Os5Qs1ks6_s6Ys59s82r2Yr1irOe1Q

18. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'd probably cut 1 g'hern (thrower or tyrant) and cannon and replace with moga razors. Razor is ridiculous efficient when you measure hp/nora cost ratios. Plus, he spawns 2 moga for your totem of the muses since he dies twice, which helps with your surge. Nothing wrong with cannon...but your ghern depend on surge mechanics and so greater numbers of cheaper moga are better than fewer, more expensive moga.

19. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Dany90 is the guy to watch for moga, in fact he is playing right now!

20. ptjimbo

Damn. It's a shame I go to school for 9 hours of the day. But I will try and watch his games to pick up some things.