Buff Ud's Ranged Units

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 19, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The best ranged UD unit by far and very few people have access to it. This is very bad, considering the subpar state of many of UD's ranged units and there being few real alternatives.

goblin archer
    range from 3-6 to 4-6, 5-6, 3-5, or 4-5.( i think 4-6 or 5-6 would be best)
    remove retreat
    give him 2+ damage
    10-15 hp
    I would like to see him end up at around 78ish nora or less. maybe a little more because of the new formula but not much over.

bloodbow infantry
    add 10 hp to bloodbow infantry or remove ammunition and add 5 hp.
    add 2 more upgrade lines to the first(maybe execute, flank, or deep wounds)
    remove thrash add something else(bloodtracker?)
    2+ damage

pox renovator
    reduce the cost of renovate by 5 nora
    add 5 hp

nefari shockbow
    2+ damage
    shock 1 in 2nd upgrade line

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

KF harby is better. Just saying.

Pattn199 likes this.
  3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

step 1: make new angel art
    Step 2: make rainbow rune border
    Step 3: make new champ that is all faction split rune with same stays as harb but legendary.

Bam new rune that won't boffo collectors old Harbs

XFurionsX, Nora That and SPiEkY like this.
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

No it's not, the majority of UD ranged units are terrible. KF actually has some good ranged options. UD harb may be the most powerful and important champion rune in UD.

5. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

KF has 8 speed and archer synergy so it's pretty far up there.

Only reason it stands out in UD is because UD is not even supposed to have many proper ranged units anyway (AT LEAST BASED ON HOW IT WAS WHEN I STARTED PLAYING BUT WHATEVER).

Does pose a mild advantage but I doubt it's the end of the world.

I mean, it's silly to complain about something the faction's not even supposed to have (in my opinion) and you could do without.

Pattn199 and saromon50 like this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Relocation and demon relocation were nerfed, so the UD not having powerful ranged units rule no longer applies.

Not only that but UD has no cleanse, an overnerfed bodyguard, little to no healing, and not much cc.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  7. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

QQ UD doesn't have access to everything in pox

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

decent ranged units, cleanse, and healing are kind of basic...

9. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Then let us further Firk any notion of faction identity we had and start giving them 7 range deep elves with heal mass and so on.

It's whatever at this point.

If anything, it's not like you're stuck with Grimlic alone nowadays. You have plenty of options and it's not like UD's anti range measures have gone to hell. UD's cleansing and healing is basically sac and ret, and as far as I know they don't really need more than that.

Please don't give everything to every faction.

Pattn199, saromon50 and claydude5 like this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

UD Harb is very good, yes. Even one of the best UD champions atm, yes. But, yeah, the KF and IS Harbs are marginally better due to inter-faction support.

That said, Harbs could stand to get toned down, or we could go with the idea that yobles proposed.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

UD harb is far more important to a UD bg than any other harb in the game is to their bg. The only other harb that is even close is SL harb because SL ranged units also generally suck, just not as much as UD ones. Also the UD bonus is stronger on ranged units than the SL bonus is, imo.

UD harb is stupid, it is way too powerful to be such a rare rune with few to no real alternatives.

12. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

All that synergy?

From when 3 expansion ago?

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The best harbs are the ones that benefit from faction bonus because they all have the same stats and the ones in the factions with the weakest ranged units.

14. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just nerf harbs or better yet Ban Limited Edition runes from ranked play altogether, unless they are Reskins

Boozha and claydude5 like this.
  15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I will just drop by to say that all of them benefit from faction bonus - when you don't Ice Storm the Harb because she would receive 3DMG instead of 10DMG, shes benefiting from it.
    You guys should stop with the fallacy that only stat bonus are relevant. Jeez.
    Since I have no intention to argue with mw, Im out.

Xuvali likes this.
  16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

When it comes to generic runes like renovator and harb they benefit the most in factions with strong stat bonuses.

Most runes are given stats and abilities with their faction bonus in mind. Runes like harbs and renovator are completely the same in each faction before the bonuses.(obviously)

17. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

You wanna play UD? deal with having anti range but not a lot of range and no cleanse and so on....you wanna Play ranged champs? play KF...you can't have everything just because you want it. It's not a must have unit to fill a BG and compete with UD.

Joker, Ohmin, darklord48 and 4 others like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It's not that simple.

19. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I just want to say that if you get sucked into MW's "pox logic" it's going to be very frustrating for you. I LITERALY facepalm everygoddamntime I talk to the guy... It's exhausting

Beasts for life likes this.
  20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Somebody trade me UD pox renovators pls... ugh.

poxbox is selling them for a dollar in the cash shop yet doesn't allow them to be on the trader. ffs.