Buffs for Next Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Soliciting some ideas for next patch's buffs. Try and keep away from Heroes and Titans as I want to do them as a group (I am sure there are plenty of non-Heroes and Titans people want to see updated).

Note: This list is not intended to be comprehensive or exactly what happens. They also include my own ideas in additional to the community feedback. Mostly they are indicative of direction, and the exact change will likely include additional adjustments (particularly final costing). As always, everything is subject to change!

[03/16] BUFFS
    • FW
      • Corrupted Guardian - Improvement of upgrade options, particularly defensive/theme-centric options
      • Collection of Souls - Hex replaces Curse
      • Risen Moga - U1 - Ally: SP, Zombie Apocalypse, Amplify Disease, U2 Howling Attack, Entangling Attack
      • Phantasmal Creeper - Attack - Psychic to base, Hex replaces Curse
      • Crypt Guardian - Race: Zombie, Protective to base, U1 - Relocate: Relic, Haunt, Reclaim, U2 Roting Blows, Rabid 2, Relic Guardian
      • Cleric of Unrest - Hex replaces Curse
      • Executioner - Throw Axe replaces Curse
      • Crawling Corpse - Latch On replaces Entangling Attack base, U2 Punishing Aura, Mudsling
      • Plague - Add Plagued, increase nora
      • Festering Wounds - Affects enemies only
      • Anthropomancer - Harvest Organs + Eradicate
    • UD
      • Mass Web - Nora to 30
      • Soul Siphon - Cost reduced to 20 from 25, helps numerous champs, mostly in UD (do not give discount to Aspect of Chaos)
      • Gahlrooning - Reduce cost somewhat (around 85-90?)
      • Scorpic - Lethal Poison upgrade?
    • SL
      • Skywing Acidcraw - SPD to 7, Rework to be closer to original design of a cheap/speedy harasser
      • Sunder Hellion - Oblivion Shield/Other tank abilities?
      • Prismatic Skywing - Rework. Most likely some kind of lock-down tank. Imposing Aura + Gravity Well? Void Shield?
      • Acid Elemental - Scour 1 replaces Scour 3 base
      • Master Trapsmith - Lay Trap: Acid replaces Skeezick Alliance base
      • Skywing Imperator - ???!
      • Destroyer - More DMG?
    • SP
      • G'hern Soothsayer - Soothing Serenade replaces Prognostication
      • Cyclops Warwizard - Add Grant: Teleport somewhere
      • Cyclops Stormcaller - Revere: Zeven to upgrades, RNG 1, more DMG for Storm
      • Cyclops Stonecaller - Stone Barrage CD to 3 from 4, Rock Front removed from base, RNG to 1-3
      • Shallaxy - Return Deploy: Rock Trap
    • IS
      • Wings of Glory - 35 nora
      • Inquisition - When this champion is deployed and at the end of your turns, the closest opposing champion within 6 spaces becomes Faithless and Branded for 4 turns.
      • Inquisitor Magnus - SPD 7, Bounty Hunter removed from base, Inquisition to base, U1: Adaptive: Ironfist, Hunter: Quick, Spellswallower U2: Ignorance, Imposing Aura, Punish
      • Angel of Mercy - Rework to be a ranged Mark of Al'mara support champion (likely will remove Intensify, as it doesn't fit her role)
      • Cerulean Wing - Adjust U1 upgrades to be defensive upgrades instead of overlapping with, look into adding more HP
      • Obsidian Wing - Reduce RNG to 1-1, increase offensive output
      • Ivory Wing - Defenseless, 0 DEF, RNG 3-5, +DMG
      • Amber Wing - 0 DMG, no attack (65 nora) + Shatter? or ???
      • P Wing - Precision removed from base, +DMG, U2: Precision, Strike, Pin Down
      • Dwarven Windfury - Class: Brute instead of Warrior
    • ST
      • Crystal Howler - Ranged champion
      • Crystal Yeti - Re-work to a more offensive role
      • Crystal Guardian - Bodyguard replaces Ice Eater in U2
      • Yeti Curate - Soothing Serenade replaces Prognostication
      • Endless Devotion - RNG 6
      • Frostfall Hydra - Rework away from Rapid Attacks and pure high stats to be more interesting
      • Snowstorm - Check terrain interactions: make Snow on all terrain
    • KF
      • Verdant Promise - Target owned champion gains Guiding Spirit and the effects of Take Root.
      • Germination Engine - When this relic is deployed, a Sapling is summoned on the nearest unoccupied space within 5 spaces. At the end of every 6 turns, a Sapling is summoned on the nearest unoccupied space within 5 spaces. This relic loses 5 HP each time a Sapling is summoned. This relic has Forest Front. (Nora 40, HP 20; code is from Corpse Pile)
      • Vashal Ranger - Pet: Wolf gets Detection 3
      • Sporegill - Poison Cloud replaces Co-operation base
      • Avenging Angel - Anti-Nora build
    • FS
      • Flycatcher - Ambush replaces Constriction
      • Snaptooth Murkwater - Phase Shift removed from base, U1: Rend, Phase Shift, Tail Sweep, U2: Detection, Pounce, Hidden: Water
      • Darkmarsh Outlaw - Move Phantom Dash to upgrades
      • Boghopper Paladin - Reduce theme spread and focus design

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Iskandak, Bondman007, xezno and 7 others like this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Oh boy. This is going to be a fun thread.
    I'm expecting to see some good ole power creep back in Pox.
    If we start moving away from the cheap champ spam thingy I will be glad.

Etherielin and Baskitkase like this.
  3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Couple of suggestions for buffs I would like to see.

Shallaxy and Magnus: They lack creativity and originality making them unusable for the most part (Would be nice if they were at a similar power level to the other 150k's)
    Goblin Brute (Make him a brute like hiss name suggests please :p)
    Gahlroonling: He went from 2x auto to 104 nora of trash
    Puppet Master: Puppet is such a cool ability, it would be nice if he were slightly cheaper or if the ability itself was changed to a slightly better version
    Ctharia: Also 100 nora of pure trash and her ability set is abit wonky (Ranged unit with constriction?)
    Firk Diplomat: Needs to be cheaper (Come to think of it, pretty much all the diplomats minus ST and IS could use a buff)
    Risen Grenadier: He's a one trick pony and he costs too much to be worth deploying just for that trick.
    Amber Wing: He's having an identity crisis and due to that he's ridiculously expensive
    Gronk Rider: Simply because lol that name.
    Silverclan purger (He's probably a few nora too expensive)
    Smite Enemy (Markoth's thread suggestion on changing it was a good one)
    Epochal Sage (Yet again, she's overcosted for what she brings to the table)
    Chaos Brave (Compared to the bad ''Duel Champs'' he makes them look good and I have no idea what is making his cost so expensive)
    Peaks Dew and Peaks Dao
    Skywing Patrol (Another overly expensive champ for what it brings to the table)

4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Phantasmal creeper damage to 0.Because he got no attack or attack abilites or any way to use his damage.

XFurionsX likes this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

crystal howler need to get it's range back if not more. I'm thinking 2-4 or 3-5.

crystal mastadon - change his lumi to trigger end of turn would be a nice start. put the anti-nora gen in your control and I believe he would be a valid choice in any deck and force your opponent to kill him rather then ignore him like most do now.

crystal yeti - change stunning for heavy charger. the theme has enough tanks i'd rather them have a strong attacker. change upgrade path 2 -calcify, abominable, enrage

crystal guardian - switch bodyguard for ice eater in upgrade path 2.

crystal crawler - upgrade 2 - entangling attack, retreat, still life. trail- crystal removed for multi-attack 2. I liked the idea of fitting him in as support but he's not beating crystal elemental for that role and if you need detect just bring a jakei with detect.

endless devotion - when this unit is within 6 spaces of a jakei it gains nora gem. when this unit is summoned it's relocated adjacent to the nearest jakei within 6 spaces. ( this is my favorite personally, it's like a pseudo beckon )

just reposting these here, just some initial thoughts on crystal changes.

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Split with tundra whisperer and you found a game breaking combo right there.

TheBulwark likes this.
  7. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Titans other than Moog. 1 faction gets to enjoy using a big dude. No fair.

TeaScholar likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do something about the manual cost modifier on Revenant. He would be 61 nora without Short Lived. Using the old stats formula, he has a manual cost modifier of about +30.

Remove Soultap from Utterdark Soulrender.

Remove Life Siphon from Soul Collector.

Netherzen likes this.
  9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So you think he should cost what?

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If nothing changed but his cost, -10 would be a start; maybe -15. He's real weak. Unfortunately, non-summon versions are produced by Lich Magistrate, so that makes things more difficult if you want to tweak his stats to compensate.

Edit: Er, I mean he should get that change to his cost, so he would be ~20-25. I didn't mean he should generate nora on deployment.

11. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sporegill.
    Issue 1; Co-operation on base. This is wasted and is nothing but a sandbag.
    Issue 2; Forced to choose between ally:FS and poison cloud.

Proposed changes;
    Ally FS to base; this replaces co-operation as a sandbag (for ff) but still has use in a niche.
    Co-op removed.

My main beef was that I can't run him with ally FS at all since all of his damage and utility comes from poison cloud.

Spark crone
    Make her a more theme enabling rune. Right now she can sort of be in-between two themes.

Proposed changes;
    Upgrade line 1 changed to jolt 1, jolt 3, surge; kanen.
    Upgrade line 2 changed to Storm accolyte; pack mentality; Paralytic feedback

Now line 1 is dedicated to offense and line 2 to defense yet both have theme-enabling options as well as options that will allow this unit to work well on its own. paralytic feedback might be a bit much but I couldnt think of anything else

Foul rite (this one is a pipe dream)
    Destroy all non-witch undead units instead of just all undead.

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

-Basilisk Templar. I don't know what he needs tbh, but he seems to be an under average choice for any bg. I love the Crushing Charge + Petrifying Gaze combination so I'd love to use him, but he's underwhelming. I also felt like I wanted him to be less weak to range, but idk if that's a good fix.

-Akakios
    -Skywing Patrol
    -Lightning Elemental seems a bit weak; or idk, I wouldn't pick him vs other options in a lightning bg and I find that strange.
    -Acid Elemental

More to come.

13. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Elven Prodigy/Tundra Whisperer FTW.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'd like to see Annex taken off the diplomats, it's a sandbag ability when banners are already in most bgs.

Goyo, Lauremoon, SaintKiwi and 6 others like this.
  15. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Acid elemental is also begging for attention.
    Main gripe with him is his survivability. He could use his old range back or just become more tanky.

Goyo likes this.
  16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I have several from UD.

Rune Discussion.

Rune Discussion: Goblin Spellkaiser (Week 1) Closed.
    Rune Discussion: Balefire Knight (Week 2) Closed.
    Rune Discussion: Altar of Votaev (Week 3) Closed.
    Rune Discussion: Nefari Messenger (Week 4) Closed.
    Rune Discussion: Banish (Week 5) Ongoing
    Surprise Guest: Aspect of Oblivion!

A few runes I have selected to go on the poll in UD.

Banish
    Deep Elf Temptess (Badgerale has a wonderful suggestion.)
    Erupt
    Gahlroonling
    Grimlic (More of a redesign than a buff.)
    Mass Web ( Make it AoE 1, and mark those spots as Web Terrain for the same duration. OR Change the rune to apply an AoE 2 Web Terrain duration X without any additional effect.)
    Nefari Soul Torch
    Nefari Griefsinger (Siren's Song. That is all I want.)
    Nightblade
    Phase Spider
    Sheoul Firebow
    Smoldering Ashes
    Soul Feed

and others.

Though I would prefer if I was able to to each one individually getting their thoughts on the matter.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ironfist Stronkholt:

• Dwarven Medic: Prognostication and Reinforcement1 to base, Immunize -2 nora.
    • Battle Rager: Berzerker2 to rank 1, Unleash to base, Manic to base. Upgrade line 1: Tough 1, Rend 2, Berzerker Attack 3

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  18. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

UD is there twice

Also BUFFS = BUF FS ok thanks

Ohmin, Goyo and IMAGIRL like this.
  19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

They need it.

Ohmin and Poxlife like this.
  20. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Chaos Brave back with Quest Kill enemy (is the only leg knight without it of an entire set)
    Cyclop Stone Caller make it viable/cheaper remove create chasm and substitue with something else (tectonic pulse or idk)
    Cyclop Warwizard spd 6 or grant teleport back
    Cyclop Storm Caller make it runnable (an AOE with 7dmg is simply useless)
    Moga Razor a cost decrease
    the Light Ele will need some love