Bug between Nora Pearls, Resonance, and Backlash

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Cinder405, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

So I decided to try using the Nora Pearls effect to try and trigger Backlash and Resonance on both of my Tortun Corsairs on the field.

I cast Havoc's Touch on both of my Corsairs which resulted in my opponent gaining 40 Nora. My expectation was that because the opponent gained Nora because of a spell that their shrine would take Magical Damage equal to the amount gained.

In addition, I thought one of my Corsairs would have gained DMG equal to the amount of Nora generated.

I tested this with a second person, different map, same runes and it still did not trigger. I then decided to test it with and AOE spell and the result was the same.

Immediately I think this is not WAI from what I read from the abilities at a glance however; then I thought maybe it only works if the opponent generates Nora from spells of their own and not my own.

Nora Pearls: When a player successfully casts a spell, the enemy gains Nora equal to 50% of that spells Nora cost. This does not stack.

Backlash: Whenever a unit generates Nora through and ability, it takes Magic Damage equal to the amount gained. If the Nora was generated via a spell, the owner's shrine takes Magical Damage equal to half the amount gained.

Resonance: At the beginning of each of its turns, this champion gains DMG for 1 turn equal to the amount of Nora your opponent generated through spells, relics, and abilities in the last 2 turns. This DMG is only applied if Nora generated while this champion is in play.

So is this WAI or is this a definite bug that needs attention?

P.S I apologize if this is not in an expected format for reporting.

Capitulator likes this.
  2. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Resonance won't fire because it only applies on the beginning of the Corsairs' turns. Also, at that point the "last 2 turns" means your turn that is just starting plus their turn just finished, but not anything earlier.

For the backlash.. the way I read it is the Nora Pearls generated nora for your opponent and so the relic (unit) should take damage but I haven't tested this (I've been meaning to too!)

3. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Even when it's Corsairs turn he doesn't get any extra DMG.

I wonder if @Senshu ir @Sokolov would know

4. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

They only get it at the beginning of the turn.

Nora Pearls + Backlash seems to be a bug or is coded differently on purpose. Nothing gets any damage from the nora generated (I think by the description it ought to be the relic or champ with the ability that takes damage).

It does just seem to be Backlash that's special. For example, Nora Leech interacts with Nora Pearls properly.

5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Nora pearls may be coded as a nora refund, which doesn't trigger backlash or similar abilities.

6. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

For the nora pearls backlash it works as described. it says about the owner of the spell, which is you in this case. I'm not sure the source of nora generation is the spell though, but if it's unit (relic), then it shouldn't trigger as well. For resonance, yes it's a matter of 'at the beginning of each of its turns' clause.