Burnin Battlegroup Building

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by BurnPyro, Mar 26, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What's up

Lately I've seen a lot of people asking for advice on how to build battlegroups in here. I've seen a lot of people giving examples of battlegroups that I don't agree with or would alter in some way to make it, in my opinion, a lot stronger.

So this is an open invitation to everyone who needs help with his battlegroups to post them here and I'll take a look at it. Also this would collect a lot of battlegroup advice (ill link the altered bgs in the opening post so it collects data for anyone to use) which would be great.

Shoot

P.S. Yes this totally is a me > u thread, deal with it.

PPS Give me some info as to what the idea/goal/theme is that you're trying to accomplish, otherwise it's hard for me to know what you want/need ^^

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. Mallious

Mallious The King of Potatoes

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

4. Mallious

The theme is basically just a goodstuff group. Nothing really special about it, just though you could offer some suggestions on the runes. Any of the new runes I should get/add or is the group still meta? Neodrak looks super cool, I was considering him a excellent addition to the group. I can't trade for 3 days so I can't acquire the runes just yet so I thought I might look around the forums for some BG information.

5. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Dear Burn,

How many drak explorers should I run in my bg?

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cWcpZCkvcptcu0CfHCdQCi4caQcqicoLc3-s6Ls8os6wsas7is84s5ts73S7usYrPr2qe1O

Try this one. I took away the sandsnipe and a broodqueen for double patrol (honestly, skywing patrol with range sunder and deploy capacity is so good, man). Draksar high marshalls are better then the ardents. Your spellset/equips were pretty random. The spells/equips/relics that you have now are pretty much what you'll use in every normal bg.

Wildcards that you don't have and should consider:

Minefield, Enslave (honestly it's so underrated, but it takes practice to use it efficiently) , transfusion.

champ wise: I would never advice you to run all 3 dragon heroes. They cost so much and they're not great. Keep it to 2 or less. Especially since you're already running a really costy bg (nora wise).

If you want to, I can alter it to streamline it a bit more (idk how much you like each rune or if you're prepared to sell your soul to win), since you're running too much 80+ nora champs, which will cost me.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

0 hue hue

8. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

But wait! You don't know my theme! It's: The Wilderness Must be Explored!

9. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

run clud

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CWc5iCdbCdQCi4Cdmcqic7VCjGs6Ls8osaS7is84s73S7usYs5jrPe4e3we1O

Always run a flame dragoleech. Put a varu dragon in since you can't get a prysmatic skywing. Adjusted spellset to be better.

Always run DB & quickening btw, it's too good not to.

Makorov likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

People seem to be running too many 'just okay' equips and not enough quickening/DB. Don't do that.

13. Mallious

The champion roster looks good for me, its the spells that look awkward. Maybe its just me because there are so many. May I ask why would someone run 2 Quicken and 1 Quickening? Seems kind of redundant if you ask me o_O. 1 Equipment seems prefect weird too. Are there no other good equipment SL has these days? Legion Standard always seem to be a good support equip to have. Thanks your the deck help Burn!

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Quicken decides so much early game because it's so strong. You run two for draws and cause it's cheap. It's like a single target spell, only a bit different in it's execution. Used to win font battles and early engages etc. Especially in battlegroups where you have blitz and insane damage pumping out. Quickening is just a ridiculous powerspell in the midgame.

Sl's spellset is strong. The item and equip set is extremely poor and only in extreme cases should you run more then banner/hive and maybe a rageband/peridot sphere.

Legion standard is 35 nora for a situationally good equip. Unless there's a ton of horrific aura on the field it's trash. Pawn is almost never worth it.

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

JazzMan1221 likes this.
  17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Just take a moment to say thank you burn for all this advice :D

BurnPyro likes this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CmCWC2aCgLCoDChHCi4cgBs6Ls8oS4isas7is2bs84s5ts73S7usYrPr2q

Took out 1 doctor, I find that you only really need 1 unless you're already so far ahead that you can afford to drop two. Generally you want to get as much cheap range out with some melee, channeled violence and just smash things. I took the dragon heroes out, basically you don't ever want to deploy them cause they don't work with the racial or the channeled violence (which is your main spell, run 2 btw). Then took out legionnaire because.. well he's bad and overcosted. And bad. Put in two gunners, they're hella cheap and dish out damage to the face. If you don't like to include 5 speeds in your bg, use rockets. Otherwise the bg looked really solid!

I put in another channeled violence, switched tornado for burning sands (just hands down better, larger AoE more potential damage); no need for the equip that gives pawn (mentioned it before, it's a sandbag rune honestly). Put in enslave (if you master the spell, you'll do some cool things) and a wildcard dragonfear. Honestly I think with 2x broodqueen you could go for a forbidden fruit if you wanted (cause Firk mosharn) instead, either one is good to hold off powerchamps.