Buying PoxNora...The (NOT SO) Final Post->Read!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jul 22, 2018.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I feel sad... I want to play Pox. Old pox with smooth launcher and lots of players and chat in game. How we can fix this? :(

2. polltroy

does anyone have approximations on how much $ pox was pulling in the past years?

3. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

I was just playing around. :) I know you worked hard. You just got so emotional over @polltroy that I figured you needed another jab.

4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Whoops, I didn't even realize it wasn't him...lol my bad...

I'm over it, I'm good.

5. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Hey peeps, I haven't read everything that's been posted, so if someone has already said this, I wish you the best of luck in building a bridge and getting over it:

Is there something particular about pox that you feel the need to preserve? If you in fact manage to get a bunch of people to volunteer to code, and have some money your willing to put into purchasing servers/virtual machines, marketing, a business license, etc. Why not just make a new game with all the aspects you like from pox, but without infringing on any copyrights/trademarks? Bypass DoG and and whoever else, and deliver something more refreshing and modern without the constraints if the pox universe/gameplay.

6. Bondman007

From my understanding, the following people are working on potential clones of Pox: (I use clones because without DOG's permission there cannot be a Pox 2)
    @Capitulator
    @aseryen
    @LoganMkv
    @Gainer900

There may be others but these are the ones that have actively announced some sort of effort towards a new game...

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

îve observed caps actual game and its the most developed in my opinion and even has some of the same maps... give it half a year and it will be great. kinda sad we wont have the same races/units but it will be the most pox2 esq thing out there

Bondman007 likes this.
  8. polltroy

nice with new games.... but i want pox back. with its feeling and competitiveness. lets turn back time 10 years somehow :):):)

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Are you channelling Cher?

10. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Hey What do you mean by now? I just checked and the client is still the new one.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  11. Bondman007

Yeah, I meant they had a "functional" version of the game, and left it on autopilot...

12. polltroy

Functional... but not playable. Rune inbalance no problem. But slow game with zero feeling... plus no chat. Its not in a state for leaving... now it died. What they should have done is rollbaxk to a smooth bugg-free lquncher with xhat function and then leave on autopilot. And leave whatever rune issues there. To be debated forever. Anyway there was never an autowin. There were inbalances but whatever. Game was fun partly because of that. We did not need new nerfa and new runes and new patches all the time. But we needed a smooth launcher with the core functions working. And sure discord. But thats not for newbies. Thats not for me. Thats like asking peuple to leave game.

13. polltroy

@Bondman007 how did you try to contact DOG? To go past the filter of piles of emails etc. Linkedin?

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you read the threads, he shared everything he did.

Bondman007 likes this.
  15. polltroy

Ive checked a bit and it seems all the staff except the co-founders of DOG were fired/quit early 2018. Which is prob in line with 3 failed launches: pox ps4, plox and that space war. But maybe the founders did not give up yet, as it seems they did not start any new job or new project.

16. polltroy

And another problem why they may jave gone silent... You asked for year reports and for them to make a counter.offer and what is included... did it ever come to your mind that the last thing tjey want is this kinds of info shared on a players forum? Thats really confidential info and if they share it open they will not have a chance with any other negothaition with other buyer.

Plus the person you were talking to in september already started a new job in February... @Bondman007

17. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Bro, @Bondman007 has done everything you can think of. We tracked down everyone involved: CEO, COO, CTO, CFO, etc. I know because I gave him contact information for two or three people and did thorough searches of my own. All of them have been contacted multiple times. So before you say, "But have you tried . . .," the answer is, "Yes!" But they are not responding.

So please try if you'd like, but we, meaning @Bondman007, have already tried. If you get a hold of them, let @Bondman007 know or strike up your own deal.

Bondman007 likes this.
  18. Bondman007

Here's my last response to you because CLEARLY you have not read through this thread:
    I have used several forums to try and contact DOG people
    I have e-mailed DOG people
    I have called DOG people
    I have communicated thru ex-DOG employees to contact DOG people
    I have communicated thru ex-DOG partners/associates to contact DOG people.
    E-mail thru artist websites, Linkedin, Facebook, etc...

Result:
    One half baked e-mail response from a woman that apparently doesn't care to create any type of chatter about anything related to the company or Pox.
    One response from the lead artist from DOG that she was not interested nor could help.
    One ex-contracted employee (@Sokolov ) who has attempted to contact Gedden thru his channels.
    One former employer of DOG (Vesuvien at Space Wars) that DOG had disbanded.

Suggestions?
    I am not spending money of a private investigator. If you want to go down that road be my guest.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

One thing to realize is that some of what you guys are talking about is basically going into harassment/stalking territory.

People aren't obligated to reply to you - even if you think they are being dumb for not replying, their privacy IS a right.

SPiEkY, Thbigchief and Bondman007 like this.
  20. polltroy

Yes you are right I did not read thread carefull enough. I did not realize you tried all this. Thanks for clearing it up. However I was reading first page in detail and I realized straight away what went wrong.

1. you contacted pox about buying it out and got a reply from the right person even ahe quit she took time to reply you - there is genuine interest to sell game

2. instead of explaining what you could offer you asked questions they could only reply under NDA and on top would require hours of work from their side to put together info - why would they invest this time on you?

3. they then noted you put all on forums for public show - so they cant even reply any longer.

4. they will of course avoid you after they realized the above!!! and it dont help if you call 100 times!!! they will not reply anything because they dont want to ruin the last asset of this game - its core player base that hang on forum

5. also noting they abandonned all games amd fired all employees, only founders left, you can understand clearly they have momey problems due to failed launches/wrong investments. and prob peuple chase them about money too. prob they dont really want to talk to some player who dreams about saving the game when they themselves spend all their time trying to save their company, maybe their future possibly dodging stressfull thoughts or claims etc.

Only way to go forward is to contact them with a real proposal. A detailed offer that they can say yes or no to. That they dont need to invest time in except to read and think and then yes or no or negothiate for a bit more. And im sure same way you contacted them successfully in September is fine, as long as you have something real amd attractive to offer.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018