Buying PoxNora...The (NOT SO) Final Post->Read!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Pox has a great background story. The game may be dead but maybe something can be done with the lore of the game. If whoever is in charge of the game content would allow fantasy authors to write books based on said content then Poxnora awareness would rise. If enough people become fans of the background stories then a Poxnora revival could quite possibly happen. There could be novels, comic books and possibly an RPG book like DnD that are based on Pox. Come to think about it, I am actually a 3D Animator and I am a pretty good artist also.

How many of the fans of Pox that are still around actually have skills that could go into a campaign to raise Poxnora from it's current grave?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd play a non-digital pox in a heartbeat

3. Gprotein

Gprotein The King of Potatoes

I have no skills computer but I have money. I would love to see Pox 2.0 but I am not interested in raising this exact game from the dead. I come on the forums about 1-2 month to see what is going on. I started playing right before doom balls came out. I was Fesh and Solidfluid and something before that. Never kept one name for too long of time. Names changed with life changes. Same with this game. It never adapted enough to keep up and just became an old relic. Still I miss how excited it use to make me. Kind of like a hot girlfriend who turned into a old fat wife.

Seriously though, if there is a way to see a new version of Pox, I would happy donate.

xaznsoulx likes this.
  4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

@SPiEkY you should definitely look at Mage Wars the board game.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

I'm down for this :D

6. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Ok, so I have an update for you and a potential direction. @poxrooster gave me a couple of phone numbers for the former CMO of DOG. However, apparently her business has tanked as well. None of her numbers worked and it looks like we are on our own officially.
    SOOOOOO.... what is the status? It's not all bad... here's a breakdown of where we are:
    A) Apparently buying the Pox branding, IP, and domain are out. There isn't enough of DOG left to purchase it from. Even if an owner wanted to sell it, they may not have enough power legally to be able to do so!
    B) If A is true, then the only solid option is to create a clone of Pox like some have mentioned. @Capitulator & @LoganMkv are two that have already began work on clients.
    C) Several players have offered their talents in helping to develop, code, and market a Pox 2 clone. @Goyo @aseryen @MentalMoles @oyo97 and others.

We need a hub where these folks can communicate and delegate jobs. How can we accomplish this? We need to get all these minds working together before the forums and game just shuts down.
    Thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

so bond who will effectively be your lead game designer? i.e the person to answer disputes.

do you have a clear(and documented) vision for the clone?

also do you have a forums in which to actively discuss the cloning of the IP other then on the forums owned by said IP.....legally likely not the best course of action, to actively discuss the development on here other then maybe updates.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  8. Bondman007

Great questions Cal. The short answer is No and the long answer is no.
    So, what I need is help. I can lead projects and businesses, however, I know VERY little about the virtual world.
    That being said, we need:
    A) Setup an alternate forums
    B) Elect/Discuss a designer/developer

I think these two tasks are vital to begin the new project. Again, @Capitulator and @LoganMkv are at work on new clients. I am not sure how open they will be to someone else's opinion on how to design their game. Guess we will find out!

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well if you get a forum up let me know, I'd like to be a part

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Can someone get me up to speed? DOG is folding I take it? Seems like someone should be able to purchase the assets of the company and someone must still be keeping the lights on to be able to talk to about it.

11. Bondman007

You are late to the party. Here's what we know:
    @calisk and I had a large discussion about this here
    1) DOG is disbanded according to Vesuvius at Space Wars
    2) Gedden himself is no longer part of DOG and abandoned DOG, Pox, and Space Wars project.
    3) If 1 & 2 are true, then the Pox server and forums are ticking down and if something doesn't change will end in a simple "server not found, 404 error"
    4) After everything shuts down (if we don't relocate the community) it will be virtually impossible to keep the community together.

If you have any suggestions we are all ears. Peace.

12. Bondman007

13. Bondman007

Also, we are currently trying to contact anyone at DOG about the possibility of at least buying the IP for Pox to keep the name, art, and domain. Yet to be determined...

14. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

If you technically gifted chaps do create a new Pox experience, please communicate / advertise it on Board Game Geek (BGG).

Scrijordan likes this.
  15. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

Mhmm i am liking where this is going man

16. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Yes, I am. I generally only check in every few months to see if anything new has happened. I'm not reading through 7 pages of reminiscing to get the details.

Things need to be shut down, assets dispersed, etc, you don't just wake up and decide you don't feel like being a company anymore. If Gedden owned any equity in the company, either he's still a part of it or he sold it to someone else. Has anyone tried to contact Darcie? She's listed as a former co-founder so may at least provide some info. https://www.artstation.com/pearlzu/profile

Any tried calling or driving by the listed offices? 1020 N Country Club Rd, Tucson, AZ 85716 (520) 499-3886

The law firm listed for them is Matthew Thrasher at http://www.thrasherpllc.com/, if you're feeling real daring you can give him a call and see if he'll give you any info.

Bondman007 likes this.
  17. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

Well.. Isn't that a weird way see things pan out...

Pixyrus likes this.
  18. Bondman007

Nice info. I will follow up on these leads. Thanks.

19. Bondman007

Ok, a message to Darcie Banfield has been sent. We'll see if that goes anywhere...

20. Bondman007

Hey Daisy. Did you ever work for Octopi or DOG or strictly SOE?