Buying PoxNora...The (NOT SO) Final Post->Read!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

ok, kindergarten English for EVERYONE....

Pox Nora (our game) loses (will be without) its (poxnora's) domain (poxnora.com) on (en) October 13th, 2019 (10th month, 13th day, 2019 year)

I simply can't get it any lower than that... sorry.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

@PoxBot thought it was expiring in 2018.

3. Bondman007

I guess the game can now R.I.P. completely, now even @TinyDragon hasn't played in a month. :(

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

hear hear.

Etherielin and Bondman007 like this.
  5. Hobbes300

Hobbes300 The King of Potatoes

I'm just a university student but I grew up with pox and I would be willing to support a clone or remake of the game-- what I lack in programming skills I can make up for with marketing and generating ideas

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Bondman007

I know man, and I appreciate it, but I have never seen such incompetence from a business standpoint. I mean, honestly, if ALL software companies operate the same way as DOG and SOE, I really don't think I would ever want to be a part of them.
    It's so frustrating to basically beg people to contact you and you get nothing. It's absurd...

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

If you had the money, they'd contact you. We can't produce enough money individually, so it's not even worth their time. I'm sure a lot of us together could get the money together, however it's just not smart from a business perspective as the likelihood of bringing ti back and making money is very little. I invest in things all the time, but a risk versus reward needs to be looked at when making investments, pox is a bad investment. Simple as that really, dog ****ed up things with sony, sony brought in the big lawyers and that's that.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So I wouldn't necessarily attribute it to "incompetence" but perhaps bias.

If you were, say, representing Tencent and offering a buyout or publishing deal in earnest, you'd get a call back immediately, I would be willing to bet.

9. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

The problem is, we have no idea how much they're looking for, and as far as the conversation goes, it sounds like bondman didn't get any reply after the very first one (or 2).

10. Bondman007

Perhaps incompetence wasn't the proper word choice, however, you and I both know there are a million dead games out there. The odds of a company buying it out is small and no one will be able to convince me ever that ANY company would come in and throw down a million dollars or so for this game just because it has quiet a bit of art assets or a successful history. All it is now is a non-developed game heading for shutdown.
    I just don't understand why they wouldn't even attempt to bargain with the people that made them successful.

hfok likes this.
  11. Bondman007

Nothing man, crickets...

12. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

So, still no good news.. :( I love this game. This is the first online game I played when I was in high school :(

13. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

Hey all... old and new.

Old player here. Randomly stopped in today to see how good ol' Pox is doing and I see the doomsday clock is ticking.

Can anyone give me the TL,DR version of what is going on here?

14. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

Also, that last post just earned me the "why am I still here?" trophy. Quite the timing.

15. Bondman007

Sure:
    A large discussion about this here...
    1) DOG is disbanded according to Vesuvius at Space Wars
    2) Gedden himself is no longer part of DOG and abandoned DOG, Pox, and Space Wars project.
    3) If 1 & 2 are true, then the Pox server and forums are ticking down and if something doesn't change will end in a simple "server not found, 404 error"
    4) After everything shuts down (if we don't relocate the community) it will be virtually impossible to keep the community together
    5) I have been trying to locate/communicate with DOG co-founders in order to purchase/license Pox Nora in its current state or sequel
    6) We recently discovered that on 10/13/19 Pox Nora will lose its domain unless it is renewed
    7) Several guys @Capitulator and @LoganMkv (perhaps others) are personally already working on a Pox clone. Here's Cap's-> Video
    That's basically it...you're caught up...
    Welcome back!

Chemical22 likes this.
  16. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Can we not, at least, organize a forum like this one to fall back on if this one goes 404?
    How much would it cost? @Sokolov

17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i mean we do have discord

18. Extinctshun

Extinctshun I need me some PIE!

Can you link?

19. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

20. Beefinator

Beefinator The King of Potatoes

This is quite a sad saga to read. I had a blast with this game in college and spent gobs of cash on it. It's still a good game, but the new UI they made was a step backwards. If only some people had stuck around, this game would still be kicking. It's so upsetting because it's STILL such a great and fun game, just not enough people to play it.

fogandsteel likes this.