Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Let's just agree that weighty on ranged is way less of drawback than on melees.

claydude5, SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Not entirely sure if this is WAI but slowing armor doesnt refresh after attacks. When duration is only 1 turn attacking again doesnt set it back to 3

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Weighty and abilities like it are the way to go imo. We can debate the fine costing but the reality is this is how I think you can make the higher exotics and legendaries function as well. Couple unique drawbacks with unique ability kits. And yes, the drawbacks can be over-efficient .

- This is the reality of limited design space people... New Things need to be better in some ways then Old things. We just have to drop the surprise act when this keeps happening

4. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

From a game balancing point of view, I can completely understand why Onyx Wing has Weighty.
    Fluff wise however, the idea of a skinny and muscular Griffin being too fat to move more than 3 spaces in a row puzzles me.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah the name pigeon holes the visual into something fat...but I could understand a griffin missing a wing could after walking a bit start to limp or something from the injury or disability.

6. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Weighty is a drawback, if you draw him first turn you cant capture your font. With the way positioning is played whereby you store ap and build up for powerturns as is IS's style the Wing gets left behind , 2x2 also makes him clunky to position around. Still great in Griffins obviously but better options in a mixed meta BG.

7. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

You can too capture your font, what are you on about? It doesn't gain immobile.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

3 AP for the first 3 spaces, 2 AP for the 4th space, it sits just outside most fonts with 1 AP left, unable to capture.

9. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

And how is that any worse than drawing any unit with stasis or Lumbering?

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't know about you, but I build my BGs so I don't rely on a stasis or lumbering unit for a font capture.

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  11. Axeraiser

It will have 6 ap, after 3 spaces it gains lumbering , meaning you can move only 5 spaces. A lot of fonts are 6 spaces away.

12. Axeraiser

No one said it was , people were trying to make out Weighty has no draw back. I was referring to just 1 example to where it was clearly a drawback.

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Thats a valid point, but it doesnt mean much when most fonts on most maps available on ranked are closer than 6 spaces, as someone pointed out in another thread.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Most of the ranked maps are 5 spaces, but a speed 6 weighty champ can only move 4.

Axeraiser likes this.
  15. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yay.

More yayz.

Continued yayness.

Aaaah.... I guess we become much more rush focused now?

Apart from this, I'm just going to continue saying PLEASE MAKE EPOCHAL SAGE RUNNABLE everywhere.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In almost all cases, base resistances are considered sandbags and make runes worse than if it was the same rune without them (and then people ask for it to be removed). So that tends to be avoided unless it is required for the rune to function. Upgrades are more lenient since you aren't forced into it.

On the other hand, base Vulnerabilities tend to just make stuff more efficient without a real drawback most of the time other than Vuln - Physical or Vuln - Magical.

However...:

Amber Wing has an Eater.
    Accursed Scrofula has a Vuln.
    Coven Claw has a Vuln.
    Chosen of Osarius has an Eater.
    Firecase as Immunity and Eater.
    Artificer has Eater.
    Swamp Wisp has Eater.

There may be more, but that's what I can remember recently. So it's more than none. Not sure if it's more or less than previous releases.

17. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Any chance jakei wingmaster could have its range looked at? I'd like to propose that the min range should be moved up to 4, with mobility base it can move 3 spaces and still attack so it could manage to attack melee units using all its ap for the turn. Also does ST need so many 50+ hp champs before the bonus? Wingmaster could loose a few hp without being hurt to much. I'd like to see a few points of damage added on because 8 feels really useless.

Ok thats kind of jumbled in the end wingmaster range to 4-5 hp dropped ~5 damage upped ~3 and hopefully manages to sneak in under 80 with battlemaster and detect rank 3.

18. Sokolov

I could quote myself, but you can also just read what I posted previously about it already.

As alluded to the in the flavor text, he is basically deformed. He has one wing and other physical problems that renders him incapable of performing the normal duties of a Wing. However, he does gain enhanced Psychic abilities in return.

19. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I know, I know. It's justified by the flavor text. It's just that Onyx Wing is maybe the most awesome looking of all Griffins, and just coming from the artwork and the sprite, I cannot confirm any deformities. Quite the opposite, I think it's the most able looking of all Wings.

I'd find it more convincing if Weighty was justified by something else.
    Yes, it could pounce and rip your face off. But it wouldn't. It's too proud. It stares at you, and you die.
    In fact, it is the very avatar of condescending and it will lay down after three steps. But don't be mistaken. It can and will kill you later.

Qucas likes this.
  20. Sokolov

So that we can nerf it this patch.

Netherzen, JellyBerry, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.