Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Yeah, 5 spaces from font or shrine zone and get +1 speed

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Stop trying to balance this game to your needs. You are not so good at it as you think you are.

Karmavore likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I want to see most runes and themes properly built, balanced, and costed. You obviously don't know anything about me making ignorant statements like this.(trying to use kind words...) Is it that I am good or that most others(like yourself) aren't that hard to surpass? I think the "you are not so good at it as you think you are" comment is better used to describe yourself.(and others...) The best players who play this game think I'm good, idc much about your opinion. Like you said, you don't even play this game.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I know this is troll bait as Dagda said, and we all know you are on your mid 15s, but I'm game this one last time. Then I'm done. Here:

1) "I want to see most runes and themes properly built, balanced, and costed". Well, that is appreciated, certainly. However, you come across as if all the things you say are correct and you have the answers to all the problems regarding balance this game has, when you really don't. Be more humble and you will achieve better results;

2) "You obviously don't know anything about me making ignorant statements like this". Well, this will take me to point #3, but I just wanted to say that I'm giving my opinion given how you come across, that's all. If you weren't such a pain in the **** to deal with all the time, people would take it easier on you.

3) "Is it that I am good or that most others(like yourself) aren't that hard to surpass?". So, yeah, to this I will just reply: You obviously don't know anything about me making ignorant statements like this. Putting that aside, here is a more straightforward answer: you are not that good, I've seen you play and while I would certainly put you on top 25/50 material on the old days, you are not top 10 material at all. If anything, I see you as Tiny sparring - sure, you might win vs him once in a while, but mostly he's just farming you so that his exp gain is meaningful. Also, how can you say "Im not hard to surpass" if you really havent seen me play, at all. Not that I care, though, I just find it amusing.

4) "I think the "you are not so good at it as you think you are" comment is better used to describe yourself.(and others...)". So, again, you havent seen me play so this doesnt really make sense. I will stress this for the rest of the time you are part of this community, though: I did beat you 2 times in a row using the premade FS bg, which doesnt even allow you to change upgrades. And they were both lengthy games, so you cant blame on draws, luck, etc. And you played horribly both matches, otherwise you would have won cause your bg was so much better than mine.

5) "The best players who play this game think I'm good, idc much about your opinion". So here's the thing, what you don't realize is that most people also don't care about your opinion, you just come off as a toxic, arrogant and childish player, who will probably quit the game without notice once he realizes it is not going anywhere. So yeah, if you don't think about others opinion, don't post as much, because people certainly dont care about yours.

To sum it up: you are getting on peoples nerves, mw. Honestly man. I mean, we realize that you are a teenager and all, but just give us a break already. For people like me, who only join and read a couple of discussions, you are a pain in the ass, cause I gotta be reading these toxics things you write. Actually, not anymore. Welcome to my ignore list, I think the forums will provide a healthier experience. Take it easy.

Lastly, #1 Battlemaster Halfgodx. getrekt.com

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

3) If you aren't as good as tiny or devils( you aren't) then you aren't really that difficult to surpass if someone really wants to, I don't need to know anything else about you.

4) It says alot about your skill level if you think 1 or 2 games that happened months ago likely against a crap test bg means something when judging skill.

5) Tinydragon thinks I am good at this game, not as good as him but judging by how much he asks me for games and how much time he is willing to spend teaching me how to improve he thinks I am pretty good. I think devilsrath feels similarly although he may not like me as much and isn't as willing to teach players how to get good like him. alot of the older players just talk trash or get mad when you pass them skill wise or beat them in game. Not only that but the players who talk the most trash and criticize the most harshly are players who don't even play competitively or that don't even play this game anymore like yourself. That is why I don't really care what most people say when it comes to this game, people used to tell me I sucked and I didn't know anything up until I was beating the players they thought most highly of and they still talk trash.

I am 22 years old and you are the wrong person to be calling someone else immature or to be complaining about their forum behavior, take a look at your own posts/threads, facepalm*.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Take this to PMs from here, yall.

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Could something be done about Radiant Blow? I think @Sokolov said something before about recosting it but it is definitely not worth 8 points, particularly when you compare it to something like Explosive Attack. More damage, better effect, less cost.

Karmavore likes this.
  8. doubtofbuddha

Bounce is kind of buggy. I can't even begin to account for what causes it work or not, but it keeps on failing to trigger in all sorts of awesome, game losing ways.

9. doubtofbuddha

Another costing note.

Healing Breath
    7 Nora Rank 1
    AP: 3 CD: 2

Area Effect 2, Range 3: Other champions are Cleansed and healed 18 HP divided by the number of targets (rounded down to a max of 8 HP per target).

Cleanse
    7 Nora
    AP: 3 CD: 3

Target champion within 5 spaces is Cleansed and then is healed for 5 HP. May target self.

How does this even remotely make sense?

10. doubtofbuddha

I kind of feel like I am spamming things, but should Scythe Whirl be where it is at?

I mean lets compare it to say Fire Bomb 3:

Fire Bomb
    10 Nora Rank 3
    AP: 1 CD: 3

Area Effect 2, Range 5: Affected units take Fire damage equal to 80% of this unit's DMG. This damage ignores DEF. Champions successfully damaged become Charred for 2 turns.

Scythe Whirl
    12 Nora
    AP: 3 CD: 1

This unit gains Evasive 3 for 2 turns and all opposing units within this unit's RNG takes Physical damage equal to this unit's DMG. Units successfully damaged becomes Eviscerated for 3 turns

Fire Bomb
    + 2 Points Cheaper
    + Range 5

Scythe Whirl
    + CD 1 vs. 3
    + Grants Evasive 3
    +/- Hits out to the units AOE

Now the Range 5 is a big bonus but Scythe Whirl being CD 1 is really, really strong.

Though maybe I just dont like the interaction with this ability and Garin's kit.

Qucas likes this.
  11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Can Dictate not be 12 nora? There's no way this is worth anywhere near full immunity to ranged attacks :/

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Dwarf Driven costs just as much as Lumbering. -20 nora.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Lol

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Both the units with Dwarf Driven likely have manual modifiers so yea, I could probably fix that without actually changing the final costs very much.

15. doubtofbuddha

Another example of wut? in costs:

Dispel
    8 Nora AP: 3 CD: 4
    Target champion within 5 spaces, including this one, is Dispelled. May target itself.

Cleansing Flame
    6 Nora AP: 3 CD: 3
    Target champion within 4 spaces takes 10 Fire damage and loses all positive and negative conditions.

Cleansing Flame does more, has a lower cooldown and costs 2 nora less. Though in this case I think it is less about Cleansing Flame being too cheap as Dispel being too expensive. Further evidence:

Dispelling Blows
    8 Nora
    Any champion successfully attacked by this champion's base attack is Dispelled.

Dispel should cost 4 nora.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dispell/dispelling blow's costs make no sense. Alot of stuff is still like this though that needs to be looked at and fixed. Blockade, oblivion shield and rider ability are more examples of this. This problem is still spread throughout the game on many different abilities, they have worked on alot but there is still alot more.