Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure about other BGs but for the ones I played it was never 'lol reroll'. It was always do I trade in these trash draws and have the potential to get new trash draws or do I keep the trash I have. Now its basically lolnevermulligannicetrashdrawsgitgudatthegame.

So this makes my deck a fair bit worse. The good decks are obviously very good. Sure for them its 'lol reroll', but honestly that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for all the bad BG draws out there. Like why must this heavily punish worse decks and heavily favour the already good meta decks? Who is this mulligan 10 nora cost balancing against?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Sounds like you need to make better decks

3. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

It's not so much my good decks which are the problem (as I have been clearly saying). i.e. my collective deck (its the best deck in FS as I have shown), but rather my worse decks (think jellies). Who is this nora cost punishing more? Why is it punishing bad decks for the devs making them bad (you literally run every jelly in jellbriums nice deck construction choices to be made there) and HEAVILY favouring good meta decks for being meta. If you removed the change all meta decks would get better by a little bit, but all 'bad decks' (for the draw reasons) would get better by a lot. Is that not the better outcome?

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

From STs side lets see Crystallize, snow blind, shield, spell seals

5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

oh and impenetrable

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Impen not a valid counter IMO - he can just target other champs. Well it is, but there aren't enough champs with it. The trouble with the BG is that most of the champs are I independently strong - meaning if you sacrifice a lot of quality to include bad champs with impen he can beat you normally. He can also just kill these champs normallu.

Same with most other of the options you've listed. Crystallise requires 2 champs, can just kill other champ. There are a few very very select counters, but these runes suck outside of this mu and there's not really any counterplay you can do.

Snowblind isn't valid either IMO. Any target hit by be is probably fine for the player casting it.

7. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

actually there is very little risk if any at all. Its a solid bg and the spells are auto include anyways the combo is OP but u cant really counter the bg but u can counter the combo

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Pilfered Armory - Banned until bug fix

can this be hot fixed please! Patches take so long and I crutch on this spell!

I was using the spell January 1st and it worked fine!

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ironfist Paladin to +1 speed plz

10. Tweek516

Lol it equips every champ in the game.

And could we swap divert with soften on woodland jester?

Also, could we look at reducing the ciet of divert. Compare it to soften at the same cost - divert is grossly over coated.

11. Tweek516

Is illuminated meant to be lasting 6 turns? Thought it was going to 1 turn?

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Illuminated lasts 4 turns when it comes from "Illuminate" ability and 6 turns if it's a result of "Discovery" from Aurora Inspector. I haven't seen any mentions anywhere regarding the 1 turn duration, perhaps you're thinking of Old Illuminate, which - technically - lasted 1 or 2 turns because there'd always be a follow-up in form of an attack which would consume the debuff.

13. Tweek516

Ah thanks for the info. Thought I had read was going to 1 turn and removing the on hit effect.

Been playing so much ST my knowledge of the forest is slipping:eek:

14. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I'm glad you realized Blood Magic was nerfed too much, and I appreciate the gesture but Blood Magic needs a lot more than this. I can go into detail if you're interested, but I feel I've already touched on this topic.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Agreed with this. The 3 AP cost could be fine if the ability is taken off the attack chain imo.

16. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Here's 2 different versions I'd like you to consider.

1: 1 ap, 5 range, on attack chain. Only deals loss of life if already bloodied. (pre-nerf Blood Magic but on the attack chain)

2: 2 ap, 4 range, off attack chain. Only deals loss of life if already bloodied. (pre-nerf Blood Magic with +1 ap and -1 range)

Thanks for your consideration, @Sokolov.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Should The Farm still grant the old version of Pounce?

Kampel likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is fixed for next patch.

Qucas and darklord48 like this.
  19. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

I honestly think heros/split are fine the way they are. Regular Heros are devoted to their faction and splits are devoted to their respective factions. It wouldn't make sense to me to allow them to be in the same group.

20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I honestly think "Target Dummy" should cost less than 40 nora. Its a 30 hp relic with bodyguard which loses 2hp each turn, spells like bubble can protect from more damage and are not restricted by the range of bodyguard, CD and the relic itself is often target of attacks and AoEs so Dummy is really less effective than bubble.

For the sake of comparison:

Target Dummy (Relic) 40 Nora
    30hp, -2hp each turn
    Bodyguard

Bubble of Protection (Spell) 40 Nora
    35 HP buffer to single target.

Grintmaw Hymn (Spell) 35 Nora
    Prevents 25dmg to any friendly champ, might increase by 3 for each troll u have.

I understand that comparing spells with relic its not a good enough point to ask for a buff, and that a protection rune in IS or FS should have greater effect than one from SL with the same cost because Protectorade Flavour but i honestly think that Target Dummy is so below that line that could get -10nora and wont be broken or even reach meta status.
    Is the buff too crazy? Is there anything too obvious i might be missing?