Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

People were complaining about stat stacking and the snowball effect that it created when themes had access to multiple types of stat boosts. Instead of removing them completely, Sok started by reducing it so each theme would have one or two of the various stat increases.

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Can we delete Spark Crone from the game this patch please?

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Way too strong.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

It is complete bollocks that pilfer is banned from ranked for a bug I could not reproduce, but people can still use hibernate champs when it is a known bug. Battle leader is not on notices or short term stuff, it is fine? Can we talk about vendetta granting globe vengeful? I thought the ticket was sent for the pilfer patch around January 12th? !?

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I think silent contemplation needs +5 nora cost

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

why does FW shrine have such a long cooldown on corrupt blast?
    vendetta the item?

7. OriginalG1

vendetta the equipment.

about corrupted blast: I know right! The Kf avatar cleanses heals, and add defense like every other turn but the FW avatar's disease breath has a cool down of 7, wt actual f, why would I ever transfigure?

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Most Avatar abilities have long CDs:

IS Avatar
    Divine Blessing (CD N/A)
    Divine Shield (CD 8)
    Enduring Aura (CD N/A)
    Divine Healing (CD 6)

FW Avatar
    D. Zone (CD N/A)
    Divine Binding (CD N/A)
    Corrupt Blast (CD 6)
    Frightful Aura (CD N/A)

KF Avatar
    Growth (CD N/A)
    Balance (CD N/A)
    Nature's Blessing (CD 6)
    Harden (CD N/A)

9. OriginalG1

yes. i never understood why. If they are going to be treated as champion when transfigured why the super cool downs? (IS I understand)

10. DiCEM0nEY

I didn't even realize I posted that, although isn't FS leap like 2 xD. That said, on an avatar, shouldn't offensive spells be on a lower CD than defensive spells, since they are risky to use? I mean, a CD 3-4 corrupt blast versus a CD 6 defensive spell is only going to give a slight advantage to the player all inning. If the avatar has 20 health, versus an enemy avatar with 20 health, his avatar can heal, and you will most likely not be using CB for the rest of the game.

And then, if you argued "well you can gain a font advantage which benefits FW more" well that may be true, but then why is shrine nora reduction the same for both defensive and offensive avatars?

11. Sokolov

Avatars are already strong enough, IMO, in general, so don't expect buffs, but I am planning on doing a review on them at some point.

Tweek516 and OriginalG1 like this.
  12. Sokolov

I am not sure I follow this line of reasoning.

Tweek516 and Cydna like this.
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ya let's not decrease any of the CDs for avatar's abilities.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. OriginalG1

Avatars can be good even gam winning, the UD avatar used to run shiz. Strong avatars are fun and a big risk. (the nora hit and minus deployment zone)

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I half disagree, the SL IS and ST avatars are really strong and even with the reduced nora gain they can benefit you a lot and they don't need buffs, then the UD KF and SP ones are alright, they certainly arent going to contribute as ridiculously as the first 3.

Then there's the FW and the FS ones.... admittedly part of the reason you don't want to transfigure those 2 is because of their respective factions long game playstyles that obviously the reduced nora gen would really hurt. but i find them both to just do significantly less than the other 6 and i think they actually deserve a look.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  16. OriginalG1

support, even though I kinda love the fs one. (He can hit the road.)

17. DiCEM0nEY

Because, what do I have to gain from going offensive with my avatar as opposed to defensive? Having an avatar which can defend against aggression is much better than one which can be aggressive. It's not that corrupt blast and others can not be used defensively, it's that they are outclassed by other avatar spells which don't need to be in range of enemy champions (exposing themselves) to be effective.

18. OriginalG1

I was mistaken on the KF avatar, thank you for the correction Sokoluv

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If a fight is closish to your shrine area an extra "super champ" can heavily swing momentum in your favor. You run the risk of losing in the long run if the opponent can re-establish himself but if you can swing momentum and then maintain it, using the avatar offensively can win you games you would otherwise lose.

20. DiCEM0nEY

You can do the same thing with a defensive oriented Avatar, only you have the option of reestablishing yourself by using heals.

With an offensive avatar, you can't sit back and heal, if both avatars are transfigured for example (so we are assuming nora costs are a non issue). You will get a huge value over time with a defensive avatar, and with an offensive avatar, you won't, since you aren't going to be putting him in harms way just to deal damage. With that logic, why is CB the same CD as other the other CD 6 spells? I don't find it to out class the other spells to warrant the same CD as a spell which can be used defensively as well. Or does it?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017