Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In theory I wouldn't have a problem if Manic was Imp-only.

2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

At that point, just lower the cost of Widowmaker (-5 nora) and totally rework Avarice into something different and Imp thematic. Imp have usually low HP/DMG/DEF to benefit from manic like a Vothsair or a Sheoul Demon.

3. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

When you have White star with mirror ability and you play Ice stars a range champ or melee champ using a basic attack magic or fire only takes the ice star dmg and not the mirror dmg. The same is true with ice elemental. Have not tried with mirrored shield yet. I also posted in bug reporting as well

Lushiris and OriginalG1 like this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Chattering maw may need to get short lived rank 2 instead. to bump its cost up to 40. As it is now its so damn cheap and efficient its ridiculous.

In saying that i love it please dont change it

Qucas likes this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It had Seism in development.

6. themacca

i know i was told. it's still pree bad

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

This is why we can't have nice things.

Netherzen likes this.
  8. themacca

hey i like it. i just think its a bit much.

(still regretting asking for removal of grant death nova fire from genesis lich)

9. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

If I had to guess, I'd say he ended up like this because, looking at his poxbase abilities, he was originally inted to be able to have absolute equal ability in acid and electricity, which ended him up with two cones. In the nerfing process they might have not wanted to take this away entirely so did it slowly, and we ended up with this.
    That's just my guess though.

10. DrakeArron

Yeah, IDK what I'd do about him. I feel like if they want to fix him (and possibly any other runes like him, that suck or are auto as you say) permanently they would have to completely tear apart and redesign him. As that would mean he'd likely end up with zero of what he originally was, I can see why they don't want to.

11. DrakeArron

Hmmm, okay. Curious, what makes double cones so powerful? If it were simply double the damage of an AOE I'd think the easiest option would simply be to halve the champs damage, so there has to be more. Just don't know what it is.

12. DrakeArron

Thanks for the thorough reply!

13. Braxzee

Hey why the stealthy ferren, I thought you guys were going away from them being stealthy

14. DrakeArron

You said "ferren", as in, singular. A single ferren being stealthy doesn't mean the entire race is going to be. Thats normal- every theme has a stealth champ, usually two or three.

15. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Would it be possible to have two separate conditions (one positive, one negative) both called Intoxicated? If so, units can be given the appropriate version behind the scenes, while on the player side the description/functionality remains the same (apart from being able to Dispel or Cleanse where applicable). Of course, abilities that check for the "Intoxicated" condition would have to be coded to check for both. The only issue I see is if something somehow changes to/from a Dwarf or Brute after becoming Intoxicated...

16. Braxzee

Well he stealth other ferren. Ferren Ninja and Ferren pouncer can stealth. Now I am not against it other than asking for more ferren to have arctic stealth and the response to that was we do not want ferren to be a stealthy BG. Right after that we get a Ferren all about stealth. I much rather he have detect or pilfer which is badly needed in a Ferren BG.

Spell resistance being gone on Ferren Monk is badly missed.

DrakeArron likes this.
  17. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Yeah that one new Ferren is more than enough to justify getting some detect down.

18. DrakeArron

Ooooh okay. I didn't realize he stealthed other ferren. Yeah, I'd say that warrants thinking they might be going back down the "ferren are stealthy" rout.

19. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I can't help but feel Vothsair Monstrosity is a UD rune with the FW split and zombie racial slapped on it, he feels kinda bland. Would there be any possibility of jazzing him up a little with some FW/zombie/disease type stuff on upgrades?

His current stats and upgrades are actually pretty good so I'm not sure where to start with an actual suggestion, I and I'm sure many others would hate to see him lose Vivify as that actually does work well with zombies. I personally wouldn't really mind to see Imposing Aura/Stun go. I think some stuff like Damage Shield: Disease or even Catalyst Disease(if the existence of that is a possibility) would be cool, he could maybe do with be a little meaner in melee.

also what about Faithless? Isn't that the Voth thing?

tldr: He is a great champ but flavor and synergy wise could do with some fw stuff.

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

ritual binding​
    It can still stop a transfigure, but there is no more fortify on shrines. I guess it can still lock some relics. I never remember it locking Avatars though is that new? Can Ritual binding now stop an avatar from attacking and maybe moving? I guess it is a powerful as ever.

Kampel likes this.