Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

also, you don't even know what you are talking about. Sometimes you need to lose a game in order to learn something. I've said plenty of times I don't actually care about winning or losing. I was playing a troll deck, and Tweek thought I was talking about the game I vsed him in. Which wasn't the case at all. I don't judge balance based on a game where one player is clearly trolling.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Not really my initial thought when I heard that idea was "man trump is an idiot if he thinks that idiotic law fixes or protects anyone and their is no way it will last"

Surprisingly similar to the thoughts i had reading that set of suggestions.

I won't deny st has op runes, but I also don't pretend that any one faction doesn't have op runes.

Perfect imbalance is the term used where a game reaches a fluctuating semblance of balance through the fact that all members involved have the capability to deal with all other members, this is despite the fact that some or all members involved may be superior in numerous ways when compared to any other individual member.

Currently pox has no faction that is not capable of beating any other factions in pox and depending on which bgs are used either faction in these match ups could be at the disadvantage.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Borderguard Elite and K'ento are OP, because of defensive strike + gale and silent contemplation, respectively.

Borderline OP champs are strig warlock for being a ranged swarm unit, and crystal mastodon for being super tanky.
    Crystal phoenix is also good.
    Gale is fine, nokhando is fine.

4. calisk

The reasons why bge is superior to kento is numerous.

But the biggest reason I dislike kento is how easy it is to counter her two main abilities.

SC is shut down by any relocation/knock back/ movemwnt effect of which their are dozens in almost every faction.

Nkd is a bit harder to counter in some factions but it's pretty easy for at least half the factions in pox to have an on deploy that shuts down Nkd.

Bge has none of those issues while costing less and dealing drastically more damage then her

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

ice stars
    swap
    hidden arctic
    crystalline wolverine

Its hard NOT to find a unit which isn't at least strong, never-mind the broken ones.

6. calisk

Ice stars and crystal wolverine? Really?

They are like tier 4 runes outside of their themes

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Just out of curiosity: do you believe it would be fine for SC to go on cooldown once K'ento starts moving (instead of right after usage) in cases, where forcing her to move isn't a viable solution? It'd always stricken me as odd that SC had a CD independent of the buff unlike block, dodge, deflect and divert, which are much less oppressive on their own compared to SC.

This would also create a window of opportunity for an enemy to shut K'ento down when he doesn't have his hard counters drawn out.

8. calisk

Well it's the same for all abilities of its type like hold the line, sermon, etc.

For consistency I would prefer to keep that the same if at some point kento was deemed to require a nerf.

That said if I tried I would likely have about 30 runes in st I'd nerf before kento but if I was doing that the list would be equally long for every faction.

It's why my attitude is usually buffing runes and trying to shape the meta to create answers for problem bgs in the meta

I look at each of the factions as houses of cards with their strongest runes as the foundation of their tactics. Adding more cards can make the whole thing collapse but not even close to as easily as it would if you start fooling around with their foundations, and if things work out you just have a bigger house of cards not a smaller one

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Personally, I'd change HtL to have a downtime like that as well because of how problematic it becomes on some runes. Sermon seems to be primarily on support champions and thus isn't as tough to deal with imo.

10. calisk

I'm fine with them changing all of them if need be just don't want 5 or so similar abilities to function differently just adds to the confusion

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Guys you are totally wrong, muscular wing fetishists and overglorified standard bearers are just the tip of the quite literal ST iceberg
    The real threat is this little monster

[​IMG]

#STOP

OriginalG1, Tweek516, davre and 2 others like this.
  12. Dolcebrodude

No but really can Snow Shroud get a 2 turn CD? Compared to all the grant:x's, deflects, diverts and etc. this not-quite-healing protective ability is super spammable.

limone1981, OriginalG1 and Tweek516 like this.
  13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Shroud probably should go to CD2. But, let's please not overnerf ST here.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Snow Shroud was recently nerfed, not planning on nerfing it again for awhile.

Hold the Line I might tweak a bit (mostly because it does so many things at once), but it's not something I feel strongly about.

15. Dolcebrodude

Just curious since I wasn't around, what was the previous Snow Shroud incarnation?

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I don't think hold the line needs a change. It's benefits are very strong but the condition of not moving gives it enough to play around. Its strength is amplified by the fact that ST is fantastic at positioning enemy units

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's not really about ST. Hold the Line is quite a bloated ability.

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Well if you were gonna trim it down my recommendation would be defender first.

19. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Planar Dissonance could really use some more clarity. As it is now, it has the screen wide green visual effect, which is good. What isn't good is that it's a global effect so you can't see the duration.

Unlike righteous deflection or protection, there's no condition or ability giving a description of what's happening or how long it's going to last.

It could use one of those sidebar trackers- like for amp and call to arms.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sok, I think Hold the Line could stand to lose Defender and the damage buff in exchange for whatever counters Fascinate.

Regarding ST nerfs, i'll make a post of some of the things I think could use a little nerf when I have time. But Kento could get a little tap, but let's not nerf her too much.

@DiCEM0nEY stop using Dark Rising if you're not going to combo it with Sac Altar.

Tweek516 likes this.