Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Kento is really good. I wish Magnus was as useable as her.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

bastion the one man army not enough for you?

what's it like having a super champ pre built and delivered to you?

anyway if you want magnus to be as good as kento I'm all for him losing all his abilities for nkd and sc, hell if you want bastion to be as "good" as kento im all for him losing alll his abilities for nkd and sc as well

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I wish IS was at ST's level of OPness right now. Sadly to say none of my IS BGs compare to my Frost or Tailwind BG.

But ya I think Magnus would be used more if he lost all his abilities and gained Kento's ability set.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

No it really wont.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@calisk no offense bro but when the only one who agrees with you is Pedeguerra. It's time to stop

6. calisk

meh they said the same thing while nerfing kento to lose sc whenever she took damage.

as i said been through this song and dance before and I don't think even pede agreed with me then either

my opinion on her has never stopped her from being nerfed so Im not expecting it to be any different this time and honestly if this is the rune players look at and go "that's too much" I just need to know what game they are playing....cause damn it must be nice where she is the most broken Bane Shift you ever have to face,they must drop bricks when a bastion is deployed

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Kento seems auto include from where I'm standing. I think it's my least favourite ST champ to see deployed, perhaps joint with extinguisher.

Feels like one of those champs you are guaranteed to get more than it's value out of, as long as you play even half competently.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

You aren't worth the effort, but there are things such as thirst for battle and tough which already counter the impossible to beat skeletons. Battle leader and swarm are snowballing games which is why I talk about them much more.

9. DiCEM0nEY

My guess is that it is easier to balance champions individually instead of giving a Nora cost to the ability.

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I would estimate a good 70-90% of the forum users agree with me over you, so if you think we're not worth the effort you should stop posting.

SPiEkY, 19madfox95, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  11. DiCEM0nEY

Good one

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

@DiCEM0nEY you're digging yourself a hole dude. Either switch BGs or learn how to deal with the Bane Shift that counters Skellie BGs. At this point it's like a Fire BG *****ing about running into a Fire eater BG.

13. DiCEM0nEY

If I switched BGs I'd just win more. But I already spent enough money building one BG, I don't plan on switching. Also, I never asked for my BG to be OP. I have always argued about design for the most part, aside from ST which is OP and boring facing every other game. I'm not asking for skeletons to be uncounterable, I'm saying that it is better to have a game where there aren't hard counters. And yes, fire eater is cancer versus a fire bg, BUT I DONT PLAY UD. Ill let someone else complain about that.

14. calisk

to get off the topic of things dicemoney hates.

was thinking focused nexus should get a cost decrease from 35 to 25, thinking it might be a useful tool for holding off melee rush decks but not at that price tag.

15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It lasts for 20 turns, Calisk. You can't be serious.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. calisk

it's an aoe 2 spell that's usefulness is...complicated.

it's a stall spell the majority of the time, you cast it to protect from melee attacks(kind of), it's duration is actually a problem if it lasted 2-4 turns i'd be far happier but at 20 turns it means they more often then not take as much advantage of it as you do since you can't easily kill their champs either while you have a champ inside or if one of their guys has tough, except you paid for this effect.

regardless if the only issue keeping it's cost high is the duration i'd love to see it reduced to 2-4 turns for 25 nora, keep in mind this should be costed relative to containment unit and other protection spells which do a better job of protecting units but is cost prohibitive when trying to fend off early game rushes when your nora is really low.

ideally this could be a cheaper alternative with a little bit of utility use.

also fair warning at 2 turns the spell become pretty great at dealing with melee units you attack with your units then drop the nexus making counter attacks hard then it;s gone for your turn to attack again.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  17. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The spell does have two niche uses right now, but neither are really viable vs. raw goodstuff:

It can create a feedback loop with fire volatility and flame charge, guaranteeing some kill potential for a ST/UD fire deck
    It can protect your champs from milllenial icequake

I would personally love a cost buff and it would be interesting to see what it would take to make the spell more commonly run.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

@Gutsa used the spell in his variation of IS/ST Flying and i'm all for a cost decrease as long as it gets a duration decrease.

19. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

I feel like lonx are a strong enough of a theme where a Howler doesn't really have to be that broken for them to work.
    Now it's just like
    [​IMG]

Yes the Providence and Battlemaster helped but still, the Mortar was at 100% and 7 spaces away.
    Am I missing the reason why is it so cheap? Like a 67 nora guy. I assume Preparation is very cheap for giving range and yet very powerful with ST's strong equipment game.

#STOP

20. calisk

he seems in line with every other preparation ranged unit? I mean he's great but compare him to minotuar culler and what not and they are around the same point.

prep is just a really strong ability, it gives significant damage and range for very little nora, which is justified because it takes 4 rounds to reach that point

Dolcebrodude and Tweek516 like this.